What does this sign mean?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I hope this is the correct sub-forum to post such a question.

Some background:

I live on a private street in North East London, it is a gated street.

Outside the gate there is a double yellow line on the narrow street.

This double yellow line is used by many local businesses as a car park, free-for-all.

Of late parking on this narrow stretch is becoming tighter and tigher, with cars often 'double parking' and blocking access, by car, to my gated street.

This same narrow stretch of un-gated street also serves an underground car park, belonging to a neighbouring block, housing some 30 cars.

My question - please see a photograph of the sign.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48372[/ATTACH]

I am confused by the signage and have asked the local council many times to consider changing the times when cars can park.

I am worried that with all this extra congestion, if emergency vehicles ever need to access my road,

the gated bit,

fire engine or ambulance, it will not be possible.

The council never seem to enforce any sort of parking control on this important albeit short stretch of road.

Ideally it would be great if TfL took over and make the spot a 'red route'.

Comments sought.

Best wishes,

SY

It means that buses and goods vehicles over the weight stated cannot wait in the street at the times on the sign, most of london is covered by an overnight waiting ban on large commercial vehicles.

Many thanks, but does that mean cars and other vehicles, not prescribed by the sign, can park at any time?

Dont worry about the fire brigade being unable to access, they will get through and if someones car is damaged they wont find LFB or their own insurers very helpful in pursuing a remedy. I once saw a fire engine ram a car out of the way when it was obstructing them and when the driver/owner complained to a policeman at the scene he was offered the choice of being arrested for obstruction or going away and considering themselves lucky that they werent arrested.

Double parked cars can be reported to the council and they will be dealt with accordingly. I live on an estate which has 1 road in / out .We had problems with double parking at the entrance end of the road,and various cars were hi-lifted away at different times (under police supervision) as the double parking made it impossible for emergency vehicles to access our estate , and the refuse collection trucks etc too. .I was trapped in my road a few times ,not being able to get to work until the cars were removed. We have a yellow line system in place now so it doesn't happen anymore .Direct action can get taken and when double parking motorists relise their cars could be towed away they might think twice about it