Child tax credits

rdm2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can help

Our son was in education up to april 2013 then he signed up with ENTRUST (approved education support scheme in staffordshire) until he started college in september.

HMRC sent us one of those random check things to say we had to prove that he was/is in education or an "approved body such as connections or a local authority support service"

We returned a letter from entrust to confirm that he was and still is with them as an education support service and a letter from college to say that he is with them and has been since 2 sept.

We have today received a letter from HMRC to say that he no longer qualifies for the period 6th april to 1 sept. at first we thought that they were saying that Entrust were not an approved body but after ringing them they are saying that we did not inform them within the 3 month period that he had left education and gone into this education support (Entrust).

We thought that as he was still in the education system i.e. in education support rather than a school that he was still in the education system and therefore did not need to inform them.

I am going to send in an appeal stating the above but wonder if anyone else has suffered a similar thing and how their appeal went.

EDIT - If I had received something that I would not otherwise be entitled to, I could understand this. But as he was in an approved scheme we would have been entitled to it anyway

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Education support is not the same as full time education so it may well be that the education support does not qualify him for the tax credits for that period and given what they say this seems likely to be the case.

Not that simple -- they say that the education support that he was in would (had i informed them) qualify - the reason that it is being withdrawn is because i did not tell them that he had moved from one part of the education system to another part within the required 3 months or at all.

For whatever reason (probably not thinking straight whilst suffering depression), I did not consider this to be a material change.

EDIT - I could understand it, if they were saying that this education support was not sufficient to qualify him.

Edited by rdm2006

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.