• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Arrow/ Drysden Fairfax chasing old monument debt

Stivani
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hoping someone can have a look at these letters for me ,

i am posting these for my brother,

he received some very nice letters from a place called drysden fairfax claiming to act on behalf of arrow global.

these very nice people are demanding £1300 two days before christmas or they are threatening court, bailiffs etc.

As soon as he received the first letter i advised him to send a CCA to this arrow global to see what this debt is and who they bought it from as he doesnt know what it is.

I confirmed that Global received it the same day that Drysden sent their second threatening letter to him.

So he is hoping that might slow them down for a week or two until he figures out what this debt actually is.

Can they start legal proceedings before they provide the documents he has requested?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Arrow appear to have instructed their various debt-chase-solicitors to go on a deliberately timed pre-Xmas offensive (pun intentional).

But there should have been previous correspondence, especially Notice of Assignment letter from Arrow.

You have done right to send off a CCA.

That does not prevent Dry taking action but they are most unlikely to do so if you inform them you are awaiting the CCA.

To be honest, more threat letters would probably follow at this stage.

Arrow will have informed Arrow what course of treatment to mete out on you when they instructed them to act.

Hi oleg, thanks for taking the time to reply, so you reckon he should write to them explaining he is not familiar with the debt and that he has sent arrow a cca request to try to determine where the debt is from ?

If he does this that should hold them off for a week or two?

Thanks bye

no it is for Arrow to inform them as they are the ones wanting money ,you will get a letter saying everything on hold while we obtain the cca from our client , you will then get a letter in the new year saying we have passed the file back to our client end of.

happy xmas

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Arrow received your CCA.

You do not need to tell Drysden anything unless they send a Letter Before Action or similar.

However, you can, if you are concerned, simply send them that you have sent CCA request to Arrow.

They will already know that since they share real time info, but they may feign ignorance.

Please stop worryin.

These threats are routine templates and the deadlines are nonsense.

They often just mean the next letter will follow a day after it.

I would not agree that Dry will necessarily return the matter to Arrow.

As I said in my first post,

Arrow will have already carried out an assessment of how they want to proceed, based on CRA and other data.

In my opinion, there is as yet no reason whatever to worry.

Wait for the CCA result and you can take it from there.

Is your brother aware of any outstanding debts, particularly ones he thought (or hoped) had "gone away"?

no it is for Arrow to inform them as they are the ones wanting money ,you will get a letter saying everything on hold while we obtain the cca from our client , you will then get a letter in the new year saying we have passed the file back to our client end of.

happy xmas

Hi right thanks for the info, so not essential to inform the solicitors of the CCA to Arrow then.

As your brother is unaware of what the debt refers to,you need to check his Credit File,this will probably show who owned the debt and sold it to Arrow,and what date which is important.

Does the letter from Drysden Fairfax indicate who the Original Creditor was?

Hi, no the letter explains very little beyond threats really, though after checking his credit report he thinks it might be an old monument card he thought was paid off.

rrow received your CCA. You do not need to tell Drysden anything unless they send a Letter Before Action or similar. However, you can, if you are concerned, simply send them that you have sent CCA request to Arrow. They will already know that since they share real time info, but they may feign ignorance.

Please stop worryin. These threats are routine templates and the deadlines are nonsense. They often just mean the next letter will follow a day after it.

I would not agree that Dry will necessarily return the matter to Arrow. As I said in my first post, Arrow will have already carried out an assessment of how they want to proceed, based on CRA and other data.

In my opinion, there is as yet no reason whatever to worry. Wait for the CCA result and you can take it from there.

Is your brother aware of any outstanding debts, particularly ones he thought (or hoped) had "gone away"?

HI Oleg, Thanks for the info will pass it onto my brother, i think you are right the tone of the letter and the timing of it i think were designed to worry people. Will see what comes of the CCA and as you say take it from there.

Thanks for the advice guys appreciate it.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, hoping some some of you guys would be nice enough to offer me some more advice on this, my brother received a letter from Arrow [attached] basically just saying that he must deal with drysden, so they have ignored his CCA request it seems, the letter though does confirm its an old monument debt as he thought.

Though what they say is owed seems a bit much according to my brother, he thought he had actually paid this debt off through a third party debt management company a few years back. Though to be fair hes not the best with keeping records and tended not to keep tabs on his debts sometimes ignoring them, which as you can probably guess is the reason why i help him with this stuff now.

The other noticeable thing about the letter is the drastic change of tone to the previous ones, no more threats of legal action etc. which would suggest they were designed to scare him or perhaps they cant find the original agreement and are not so bullish anymore, could explain why they ignored his CCA request perhaps.

Any advice appreciated, cheers

Stop dead in your tracks.Arrow Global own the debt and they must respond to your CCA request,the fact they are not, stinks.

The Global letter confirms it is Monument.I think they are just fisching,I would not be surprised if the account is Statute Barred or there is no agreement

Does any information at all appear on the credit file?

Send Drysden Fairfax a letter (no phone calls) that as you have no knowledge of the account you require them to produce all documentation and a copy of the agreement that covers the alleged debt.

I assume your brother has not paid any money for a number of years,so do not acknowledge the debt or make any payments

FS

Thanks for replying firstship.

Does any information at all appear on the credit file?
I'll have to get him to look into that one.

Send Drysden Fairfax a letter (no phone calls) that as you have no knowledge of the account you require them to produce all documentation and a copy of the agreement that covers the alleged debt.
So basically he should send a CCA request to drysden asking them to produce the original credit agreement yes?

I assume your brother has not paid any money for a number of years,so do not acknowledge the debt or make any payments
Yeah he reckons 3-4 years since his last payment to monument, he has never paid anything to arrow.

Thanks for the help so far, appreciate it.

No send a letter to Drysden that you have no knowledge of the debt,you do not acknowledge the debt,and until a copy of the Agreement covering the alleged debt is produced you do not want to receive any further communication on the subject.

You have already made a CCA request to Arrow and you have confirmation of receipt of the request,you do not need to send the request again,the fact they have told you to deal with Drysdens is irrelevant,Arrow own the debt and it is their responsibility to deal with the matter.

FS

Hi, firstship can i take this isn't something that really needs a template letter?

Just basically outlining what you have suggested in a letter to drysden should be fine yes?

Thanks bye