JSA Payments Christmas

jokecentre
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I went to sign on today at the JC and was told I may or may not receive my money before Christmas. Usually I'd receive my cash on the Friday from signing on the Tuesday (today) I got given a letter explaining that between 18th and 31st December payments that fall between then may or may not be put through. I have nothing in my bank at the moment and am relying on my JSA for Christmas, I have presents to still get. This uncertainty has worried me and I don't know what to do! if I dont get my payment I have to wait till 3rd Jan!!! :mad2: in between then I have to see my advisor on NYE! but this apparently isnt a sign on (usually when I see my advisor he signs me on as well all in one go) so what are my options? surely they wont leave people high and dry this Christmas?. Ive heard loans from the JC are zilch as they have done away with them. Im pretty naffed off!

Can anyone offer me some advice or is there anyone else who is in the same boat and maybe know more than me?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post up the letter that says you "may or may not be paid".

If you signed on today, you should be paid on Friday as normal. Payments due on one of the bank holidays (25th, 26th December, 1st Jan and 2nd Jan in Scotland only) should be advanced to the last working day prior to the holiday.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Can you post up the letter that says you "may or may not be paid".

If you signed on today, you should be paid on Friday as normal. Payments due on one of the bank holidays (25th, 26th December, 1st Jan and 2nd Jan in Scotland only) should be advanced to the last working day prior to the holiday.

I have no way of uploading it at present but just going over it with my Dad still doesnt make it any clearer, I either get paid before Xmas or on the 3rd Jan. Here is what is written on the letter word for word.

"Over the holiday period you may get your payments earlier than normal. You must still attend the Jobcentre at your normal time on the dates shown below

Tues 14th Jan 2014

You must also attend any advisory interview which we have arranged for you. We will have told you separately if we have arranged an advisory interview for you.

PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS OVER THE HOLIDAY PERIOD

If you are entitled to JSA you can expect to receive payment on:

Fri 3rd Jan 2014 (the date you can expect to receive payment) - This payment is for the dates from 18th Dec - 31st Dec

Although we may send your payments early, we will not treat them as overdue until three working days after your normal attendance day.

To avoid any confusion please keep a note of payments you receive during the holiday period and the dates they are for"

So in one breath it says I may receive payments early or on 3rd Jan, what Im wondering is have any other users here had their payments early or been told for definate they are? Im just a bit panicky here because the JC are pretty much deciding whether I have a Christmas or not!.

Right, so it's not saying that you "may or may not" get your payments. You'll get them.

With regard to Xmas, you'll get your money on Friday this week as normal. You're also excused (it seems) from your normal signing day on 31st December, but should receive a payment on 3rd of January as if you had signed on. You start signing on again on 14th January. If you have any other appointments other than your regular signing on during the holiday period, you must attend them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I'm sure Antone will be back when he sees this, but I think he will agree that you have nothing to fear.

You should receive your payment on Friday, and your next payment on 3rd January.

The Holiday period doesn't actually start till next week, and the letter you quoted refers to the Holiday period only.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Too late as per!

If OP signed on today 17/12/2013

Your due to be paid this Friday 20/12/2013 surely your next payment will be on Friday 03/01/2014 as Minibits posted.

Xmas and New year payments 2013/2014

Here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?125283-Useful-Links-Information&p=4423107&viewfull=1#post4423107

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I'm sure Antone will be back when he sees this, but I think he will agree that you have nothing to fear.

You should receive your payment on Friday, and your next payment on 3rd January.

The Holiday period doesn't actually start till next week, and the letter you quoted refers to the Holiday period only.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Too late as per!

Great minds think alike and all that. I agree with you. And 45002 has indeed posted some useful information regarding holiday season payments as per the link in post #6.

Thanks for the breakdown of the letter, I get confused sometimes and panic. Looks a lot simpler on how you have all explained it, I guess it was just babble from the JC that threw me. Thanks for your time in helping :)

Are jobcentres still signing people on on 31st Dec? Or is that a holiday? :/

As per the OP's letter, it would seem that most are not and that people due to sign between Xmas and New Year will be excused. Check with your own Jobcentre, though, as different offices may have different rules.

31st December will not be a holiday for the staff, but in a lot of cases they won't expect claimants to show up and sign on that day.

my next signing would have been the thursday 26th but that is boxing day, does this mean i'll get payed the following tuesday as normal or will it go in earlier? :/

You should be paid on 31st December as normal.

When I checked Christmas payments online, it stated;

That any benefits due on 24/25/26 December payment will be made on 23rd December 2013

*27/30 December (*Northern Ireland only) will be paid on 23rd December 2013

1st January & *2nd January (*Scotland only) will be paid on 31st December 2013

& then as normal from then onwards!

Hope this helps.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Ok after reading everyones comments I'm confused I signed on last week and was told by my advisor that I wouldn't have to sign christmas eve and that my payment for the 27th dec would be in my account on the 20th dec #confused #help

Ok after reading everyones comments I'm confused I signed on last week and was told by my advisor that I wouldn't have to sign christmas eve and that my payment for the 27th dec would be in my account on the 20th dec #confused #help

Click on below link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?125283-Useful-Links-Information&p=4423107&viewfull=1#post4423107

PS

Site team...

I just used the report button by mistake on this thread....

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

That's the same sign on day as me, my advisor told me my payment would be in on the 27th as normal as the banks are open that day

Edited by tinkerbell_2k12

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of u can help me and job centre dont know what they are doing. I was due to sign on Christmas day but they told me I dont need to sign on this day my payment will just be processed. Normally when I sign on the Wednesday the money is clear in my barclays account on the saturday. Will jc process my payment before 25th or will it clear after boxing day?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of u can help me and job centre dont know what they are doing. I was due to sign on Christmas day but they told me I dont need to sign on this day my payment will just be processed. Normally when I sign on the Wednesday the money is clear in my barclays account on the saturday. Will jc process my payment before 25th or will it clear after boxing day?

Hello there.

I think your question has been answered on your own thread.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

can anybody please give me little info plz,,,,meant to sign on,on xmas day.now wen signed last wed was told, wouldnt b seen now for 4wk and she said my money would be in early an should have for today???didnt recevie today,spent nearly 45min on hold listenin 2 poor classical music in the fun factory(jobcenter) an put the phone down in frustration...nobody could tell me anything there except press button2 on the phones.lol....can any 1 give me a inklin of wen might get paid....thank q:mad2:

can anybody please give me little info plz,,,,meant to sign on,on xmas day.now wen signed last wed was told, wouldnt b seen now for 4wk and she said my money would be in early an should have for today???didnt recevie today,spent nearly 45min on hold listenin 2 poor classical music in the fun factory(jobcenter) an put the phone down in frustration...nobody could tell me anything there except press button2 on the phones.lol....can any 1 give me a inklin of wen might get paid....thank q:mad2:

well if ur sign on is the 25th and i saw that they sending payments on the 24th but obv banks are not open on 25th and 26th. and banks take 3 working days for payments to process and they are not aloud to pay people late. so am confused i think should go in before christmas

Edited by antone
Fixed quote tags - content not changed

well if ur sign on is the 25th and i saw that they sending payments on the 24th but obv banks are not open on 25th and 26th. and banks take 3 working days for payments to process and they are not aloud to pay people late. so am confused i think should go in before christmas

The JSAPS computer system, which issues payments, knows what day the banks will be closed and automatically advances payments when required. A person due to sign on Xmas day will (of course) be excused from signing and received their payment on Monday 30th as normal. JSAPS anticipates the situation and will release the payment in time.

hi just wondering have you sorted it and do you know when ur money gos in?