Standard letter to NCP over parking 'fine' please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

Could someone point me to the most recent 'Standard' response to a parking 'fine' please?

I only need a bog standard one because I paid on a Friday (up till 4am is the NCP time limit for some reason), went to London on the train, stayed over a friends, and the following morning paid for an additional 1 day's parking via RingGo..... it appears the 'fine' was timed at 9.30am but I used RingGo at 10.15am..... i found the fine at 6pm when I got back to the station.

Thanks guys and gals!

A standard or templated letter is of little use really as you need to address your own circumstances.

Just write and explain the situation, NCP unlike others do sometimes except mitigating circumstances. If they do reject then take it to POPLA when you can give a full monty appeal!

NCP often own the land so a different approach can be helpful. Point out that you were remote from the site and paid as soon as you could so you have not caused them a loss by your late payment.

Since there wasnt an alternative available to you the issuing of a penalty would be just that and as such unenforceable in law. They are only allowed to recover their losses and they havent made one.

Their argument may well be that they are charging you for a breach of contract but that again would be a penalty as there has been no liquidated damages to recover as you paid the parking fee, albeit late. The exact wording on the signage may come into play but I would bet on them saying that they will let you off this time. It would be a drawn out affair for them if they didnt.