housing benefit investigation

kay10-1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I would be grateful for any advice . I am a single parent at university on housing Benefit I informed Housing Benefit I was at university and believed everything was fine however 3 years later after one year at Uni , one year on Income Support at home and last year at Uni ,with one and a half years to go to finish my course , Housing Benefit wrote and asked to see all my bank statements for year 2010 sept to july 2011 . I sent these to them , now they have asked to see every bank statement I have had for last three and a half years and want documentary evidence for payments out of my account , They are also asking for bank statements for an account I do not have.

The amount of paperwork is huge .Are they allowed to ask for so much personal information some of it will be very hard to get .

When I moved into where I am living it was unfurnished and my ex partners mother bought me furniture and I have been paying her back as I am able but obviously after 3 years she will not have receipts and also it is personal information

,Also other payments they are querying are rent payments despite them being labelled rent and them having tenancy agreement with my landlords name on ,I do not want to contact my landlord for a confirmation letter because I do not want him to think there is a problem with my rent ,Also they are querying a payment into my account of 130 from my sister which was just to help me out ,they are saying this was an income is this correct Thanks for any advice k

They are entitled to ask for bank statements so yes they are allowed.

You are allowed to receive £130 from your sister if it was a gift. (Not regular for example, it is a present.)

They won't take into account expenditure like paying off debt, they are interested and looking at your income.

Thank you for replying .I thought they would not be interested in sums I was paying out which I explained were debts but they are insisting on documentary evidence which I don't have . Can they insist other people like my landlord give them their bank staterments showing money going into their account from me because I do not think he would be very happy