ESA assesment and appeal process

vickic3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have joint hypermobility syndrome that ha been getting worse over past few months, after losing my job my doctor placed me on sick as pain has worsened with me been unable to lift arms or sometimes walk without help.

i went for assesment and was awarded 0 points as i was able to walk into room had got a bus and carried a bag.

i have no1 around to take me to appts or help on a day to day basis because i was worried bout travelling such a distance it was planned with GP to start taking tramadol at 5,30am on morning of appt half hourly until 8.30am ovedosing myself by taking 500mg

i have still not had call with regarsds to putting in for appeal despite having rang 3 times to clarify number i was told yesterday that the number they had wasnt recognised .

pointing out that i had rang several times with correct number and have asked for the fonecalls to be found as they record them.

i have recieved no money or ctb or hb in nearly 2 weeks and believe its down to them ..

obviously 2weeks before xmas this is a nightmare

wouldnt care i was on contribution based ESA as i have worked for years

vicki learoyd clark

Hello there.

Have you had a letter confirming the 0 points decision? You need to put your appeal in writing, either by letter or on a GL24 form which should come with the decision letter.

Please tell us what stage you're at and we'll figure out what you need to do.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hi yes have had letter but process is that they ring me and give a mandatory decision over the fone before i can even appeal.

doctor maintaining i too sick to work and issued another sick note for 3 months.

they were meant to ring monday last wk...nothing had no money for fone credit rang again on thurs was told number was wrong i asked them to check and they had rang old number even though i had supplied and confirmed new number previous week .

still no call i rang again yesterday to be told the same thing number not recognised again they ringing old number

vicki learoyd clark

also was placed on ESA 18th june was informed by cab that i should of had money increased at 13 weeks depending on assesment.

this was news to me as the only thing i had recieved was letters requesting sick notes i had bben on esa for 21 weeks ...when i rang them it was only then i told i had to go for assesment.

i questioned why i had not been sent at 13wks and was informed it would be all backdated

vicki learoyd clark

have just had call to say that they standing by decision and it has been sent for mandatory consideration and that i have to make claim for jsa and register for work ? but gp says i am not fit for work .2 weeks before christmas and can take up to 4weeks to sort

i have no money or anything...

vicki learoyd clark

UPDATE...UNBELIEVABLE....Put thru to claim for jsa and because i am actually signed on the sick and unable to look or work i cannot claim jsa...but cant claim esa..

vicki learoyd clark

UPDATE...UNBELIEVABLE....Put thru to claim for jsa and because i am actually signed on the sick and unable to look or work i cannot claim jsa...but cant claim esa..

Vickic3, Contact your M.P and ask for His/Her help. This as helped a number of people.

Was you decision about the ESA claim made on or after 28th October?

If it was then you come into the new rules, you need to request the mandatory reconsideration, if that is unsuccessful you can then contact the Benefit Centre to download and print for SSCS1 and attach it to your mandatory reconsideration notice, sending it directly to HMCTS.

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit/decisions-made-on-after-28-october-2013

The claim for JSA should be accepted but you will need to show that you are willing, able and capable of seeking work with some reasonable agreed restrictions due to your medical condition. If you state that you are not able to be willing, able and capable of seeking work then your claim for JSA will be refused and you will not receive any income from ESA or JSA pendig the outcome of your appeal.

• Haha 1