Total Parking Solutions*Ticket Cancelled*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've read through the various posts and wonder if I could just ask for some reassurance on a point. My husband is in the ICU at Scarborough General. He is the RK of our car but has been on life support since Sunday so obviously not the driver at the moment. I have been given a parking pass for the horrendously overcrowded carpark and struggle to find a space every day, sometimes spending 30 minutes just riding around. Yesterday, in desperation I parked on a grass verge, along with other vehicles. On returning to move the car a couple of hours later I had a ticket from TPS. I know you have previously said to ignore any letters etc but is this still the case here? I took a photo of their "rules" and see I should have parked in "a marked bay" but these are very faintly marked or sometimes even worn away completely. The attendants (who I already had a row with on Monday about their rude and sarcastic attitude) do allow cars to make an additional line between rows to squeeze more cars in so they are also flouting the marked bays rule themselves. TPS had their money (via my ICU pass) and have lost nothing at all. Am I right to ignore them? It will stress my husband as he will get any letters but I'm assuming it's not worth writing to these people anyway.

Thanks for any ideas!

What you should do is contact the Hospital CEO Office and outline your complaint and ask that they deal with this for you in this very stressful time.

As far as the PPC goes just wait for the notice to keeper and then you can do an appeal to the PPC which will be rejected and then appeal using the POPLA code which should be allowed if you use the correct wording which you can get from here if it reaches that stage.

In the meantime do not let it worry you, it is not a fine and it will not result in a CCJ unless the PPC take it to court (unlikley) and you lose then fail to pay the court awarded amount.

Any other rubbish from the PPC about Debt Collectors and Bailiffs and taking your children away is all utter claptrap designed to intimidate you into paying an unenforceable invoice.

• 1 month later...

Further to the advice given above, I today received an email with photos and a request to know who was driving the car. Nothing has been received in the mail yet. My husband was the registered keeper although I was driving that day. He has since died.

They have attached the POPLA form to their email. Please could someone let me know how to proceed? Thanks

Hi. I am so sorry for your loss.

The next step is to contact POPLA. This costs TPS not you.

Did you raise this with the hospital? If not, please do so as they are the landowner and have the authority to order the tickets cancellation.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for that. I didn't contact the hospital but I will do that tomorrow. One of the replies above suggests there is a particular wording for the POPLA form. Could anyone tell me what this is please?

I don't know of any however, you could use this letter to assist in your own letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?403571-help.-excel-parking-(the-peel-centre-stockport)&p=4346586&viewfull=1#post4346586

Concentrate on genuine pre estimate of loss as this seems to be the most use to the consumer

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Here's an update. I spoke to York Hospital (the ultimate landowners) and emailed them a separate appeal against the fine. They have since agreed to have this ticket cancelled. They were extremely helpful and pleasant. Just for anyone else going through the same thing, they said that had I already submittd the POPLA form before contacting them they would have had to let that process go ahead, they were only able to cancel as I had not sent the form in.

Here's an update. I spoke to York Hospital (the ultimate landowners) and emailed them a separate appeal against the fine. They have since agreed to have this ticket cancelled. They were extremely helpful and pleasant. Just for anyone else going through the same thing, they said that had I already submittd the POPLA form before contacting them they would have had to let that process go ahead, they were only able to cancel as I had not sent the form in.

A very well done. I will remember this when a hospital is involved to get them involved before POPLA.

I will mark this thread "Ticket Cancelled" :-D