• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Toothfairy info everyone (or any of their sister companies)

mch1991
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found out my partner of 2 years had a SpeedCredit loan back in 2010, for around £100.00 I believe.

She kept this quiet, until she showed me the emails they where sending her on an almost daily basis

(you know the ones, from Northern Debt Recovery, Marshall Hoares Bailiffs and so on)

asking that she repay over £1,000.

She's already covered the original loan, plus one months interest

and a lot more £416.15 in total!

any obligation has been repaid in full.

Here's the typical email she'll get,

along side the typical threats of doorstep recovery,

court action and so on,

here's a breakdown of some of their charges and fees (all unenforceable);

Debt GBP 940

Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5

Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10

NDR Accept Case File GBP 200

Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 3 (day 57) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 4 (day 71) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 5 (day 43) GBP 10

NDR Accept Case File GBP 200

Missed Payment Fee 3 (day 57) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 4 (day 71) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 5 (day 43) GBP 10

Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5

Repayments todate GBP 416.45

Total GBP 1033.55

So then,

What I have done now,

is prepare a case against all the companies involved in this matter,

which has already been forwarded to the OFT

who have asked me to sign a form allowing my evidence to be used against them

(It seems the OFT are taking matters extremely seriously).

Any body who has had anything similar

(I see lots of posts on here about them),

needs to immediately forward everything they can along with a full complaint to the OFT, now more than ever!

I am also going to instigate litigation against the companies involved

with a view to claim back her over payments,

and the outrageous way they have dealt with this matter.

Hi

I would also mention to the OFT that Speedcredit is NOT one of Toothfairys trading names. If you look on the oft CCA search pages, WebLoan Processing (the holding company) has many names but not that one.

If this was me, I would also be taking Toothfairy to task on how they can be chasing a debt that belongs to another company

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Speedcredit and their parent company were shut down. All the debts were 'sold' to their sister company webloans processing.

Remember, ALL of these companies are ran by one man.

Going to that breakdown, every single one of those charges are unfair and unenforceable. Thats why they havent done anything.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Toothfairy belongs to Web Loans Processing.

I found out that company has been managed since last year by the Gullestrups (Per and Tanja) following a divorce.

It looks like they closed the company down and bought all our debts as a new company.

I managed to get the info from one of their collectors from the collection department.

They do not know much more than that in the department.

They do not know the name of the new company.

But they are convinced it is still the Gullestrups and Jordan Taylor.

The department is also closing down, so don't expect many phone calls for now from them.

I am sure they will call us again when they are ready.

These guy's hide behind so many different aliases, addresses, email addresses and so forth.

However, the Office of Fair Trading are taking our complaint seriously enough to warrant

me printing out every email that's been sent and posting them to the current case handler,

I've already signed a witness statement and so on.

It's been around a week now since WebLoansProcessing were served with a letter before legal proceedings,

we're waiting for them to come back to us within 28 days with a settlement,

otherwise we're just going to file a claim in the county court against them to get the over payments back to my partner.

Everything is looking good from our side so far.

Do not get too excited,

as that Per Gullestrup is Larholts father in law.

Per was the CEO of a Danish shipping company and very wealthy.

Maybe that Larholt has become too much of an embarrassment to the family.

A quick check shows that Larholt left the board 03/10/13.

Chapple left the board 26/08/13.

Regards,John.

get those NDR fees back too.

they are totally unlawful!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nah. larholt was real. Its more likely that since he is under heavy investigation by multiple agencies, he has palmed the business off to someone else.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

get those NDR fees back too.

they are totally unlawful!

dx

Absolutely dx100uk.

I've already sent off my letter before legal proceedings to their registered address. If they fail to reply then i'll be submitting a claim to the county court (I've already written up my claim which is 7 pages long). Will obviously keep you updated on any progress.

7 pages is waaaaaaaaaaay too long for a claim.

Nah. larholt was real. Its more likely that since he is under heavy investigation by multiple agencies, he has palmed the business off to someone else.

Nahnah. Did you google Per Gullestrup? No way this guy is holding anything for Larholt. He is a shipping mogul. Most likely the other way around, Larholt holding for him. I heard the name Tanja Gullestrup before but never heard the father's name-I thought it was the mum first time. Only this conversation with this guy who was most likely losing his job revealed Per Gullestrup. Larholt has been off the books for too long. These people have very high public profile and are good at hiding the less exciting parts.

I bet all our complaints to oft started to work and Per gullestrup was about to be outed, so they organized another trick to hide

• 1 month later...
Was Larholt's father in law

You could be right. Who knows? But if Larholt truly stopped being a director over a year ago and their phone counsellor said it is gulestrup then it could be true. Her daughter was still last as director. Doesn't mean they are bad, just means Larholt is the perfect scapegoat. Only thing we know 100pct is tania gulestrup was director before webloans filed and Larholt wasn't for very long.

From Companies House info

10/06/2013 DIRECTOR APPOINTED TANJA GULLESTRUP

This data has not been updated to say whether or not she has resigned or been replaced.

Also there is this:

WEB LOANS PROCESSING HOLDINGS LIMITED Which is showing as still active at the address:

15 LYNDHURST TERRACE

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

NW3 5QA

This company was set up on 25/07/2012

And:

01/10/2013 DIRECTOR APPOINTED TANJA GULLESTRUP

There is also this from the original webloans

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/08/2011 Next Accounts Due: 31/05/2013 (Overdue)

So in between one set of accounts being filed and the other which was overdue a new company was set up.

Perhaps Tanja or one of her relatives can offer an explanation

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Isnt that address an empty house? We had a poster a while ago who went to each address associated with them and every address was empty and had been for a while. One was even an empty garage and the floor was covered with letters addressed to them.

Isnt that address an empty house? We had a poster a while ago who went to each address associated with them and every address was empty and had been for a while. One was even an empty garage and the floor was covered with letters addressed to them.

Did you see Dave:Loan Ranger on channel 4 this week?

He visits the above address!!! Guess what.....NOTHING!!!

Check it out on 4 on demand! He also vists Wonga's,Quickquids and Minicredits so called Headquarters!

2nd July 2012 EarlyPayDay a/c Cleared!:-D

26th October 2012 Wonga,Go Cash & Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

30th November 2012

Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!

Cheers for that. Ill check it out later.

Ijust watched a few mins of that, and the program gives false information at the start. It doesnt tell you the charges are unlawful/unenforceable and make sit out as if the CPA CANNOT be cancelled. I'll watch the rest later, but i dont hold up much hope for it.

Plus it makes out as if they ARE enforceable, and the debtor must take out more money to pay them off. This program is very suspicious and isnt telling the truth.

you wait till you watch the rest of it!!

but remember he cant be too controversial

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is very interesting. This is in line with what the person on the phone said that I reported a few months ago, that it is not larholt but per gullestrup family. We really need to find out who is really behind this. And he said that they are moving our loans to a new company. So far it ties up but we need to find proof that it's true or not