• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Eviction date 2nd dec help please *Eviction Stopped*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone please help I have an eviction date for 2nd dec for my mom she's 69 years old server ly disabled and has spoke to white label and they asking full arrears of 2170 she don't have this and need to stop in her house what can she do she made offer of 220 every 2 weeks but won't bush can anyone he'l please to stop this

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Traceydavis,

Welcome. You have come to the right place here.

Someone will be able to help you.

Could you provide a bit more info: -

Who is the lender

How long left to run on the mortgage

How much should the monthly payments be

Has the lender issued any court proceedings

If yes to the above what court paperwork have they issued

The above information will help people give you focused advice

Stay calm and please provide the above info as soon as you can.

Kind regards

HTA

This is absolutely disgraceful I am sure there are ways to help once you have provided the information requested above. If you have any idea of mortgage outstanding and the current value of the property that might also help. In the meantime try to make the additional payments you offered it will go well for you when you go to court. If the company refuse to accept additional payments I think that will also go in your favour that you've attempted to reduce the debt and the company won't let you. How did your mum come to be in arrears?

No the ball ifs will attend the property to evict her at 2 pm value prop at 110000 morg owed 47000 and this secured loan she been advices for is 42000 owing she got in troble with it and cleared the arrears by lending from people she had to pay this back to the apoplectic she lent it of and then couldn't afford the payment on the morgage so put her in more arrears they sent excel out to her last Tuesday but mom had a epeletic fit on Monday and was in hospital but I'm 3rd party so I delt with him making offer if 220 every 2 weeks and the phoned yesterday and said now they want full arrears cus shebeen in trouble twice beforw

Did you attend the first hearing when White Label went to get the eviction?

Sorry for all the questions. It is just really helpful for other people to get the details so that they can help.

HTA

Hi there, in order to help you further I need to ask some questions. Can you please answer them in the same order.

1. What income does your mother have in order to make payments on the loan? is it pensions or does she work?

2. Is there any other mortgage on the house?

3. What caused the arrears?

4. How long is there left to go on the loan ?

5. How much is the normal monthly payment ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

She get state pension at 167 per week she has dla with middle rate care and a private pension my dad left her when he past away there is 15 years on morgage and 18 on the second charge she was in arrears befor in July with them they put it in court so she lent the money to clear it then she had to pay the money back to the people she lent it of that left her no money to pay he white label the one she being evicted for her payments are 370 per month but what I don't understand y send excel out to her last week and then say they won't except the £220 every 2 weeks

She's 69 and still has 15 years left on her mortgage?? when did she take the mortgage and secured loan out?

How much exactly is her monthly income when it's all added together ?

the secured loan is £370 per month - how much is the GE mortgage per month ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

When did she take out the mortgage and loan? - was she working at the time?

So in 2005 GE gave a 61 year old woman a 20 year mortgage??

When was the secured loan taken out?