• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021. npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279. The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills. I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this. EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.  I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.  And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Success against device buyer aka cash 4 phones

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my samsung galaxy note 2 to device buyer who we subsequently found out to be cash 4 phones on Monday by special delivery, it was signed for yesterday.

After some digging around for the last few hours

we have found that device buyer have their post redirected via uk postbox.

We have spoken to the CEO of uk postbox who actually has my phone sat on his desk along with someone else's.

They have since suspended device buyers account and are in the process of sending my phone back to me.

C4p trading limited own

mobilephonerecycle.com,

cash4phones,

devicebuyer.co.uk and

mobilephonerecycling2day.co.uk.

DeviceBuyer.co.uk |

We have received 2 phones for them as they are using one of our addresses on their website.

Both phones are being returned to the owners (senders).

We are trying to contact the directors of the company, to stop them advertising 13 Freeland Park, BH16 6FH on their website.

All email and phone calls have been unsuccessful to-date.

We have also reported to Trading Standards.

If you are thinking about sending a phone to this company,

please DO NOT send to 13 Freeland Park, BH16 6FH as we have no connection with this company

and your phone will just be returned.

Allan Chester CEO, UK Postbox

I have just finished on the phone to the Ceo of UK Post Box and

I must say that despite the very bad taste I have in my mouth about www.devicebuyer.co.uk

my heart goes out to him over the impact this unjustified association to his company that has happened as a result of mis-information from Devicebuyer.

One message to Devicebuyer,

yes we are in a recession,

yes you have to find a way to pay for your expensive gated mews offices and

yes it is difficult to make money in the current economic environment,

but do not think that conning and [problem]ming members of the British public is a way to fund your lifestyle.

I for one am going to pursue this company and its owners who appear to be cheats and swindlers to my utmost ability.

*** Please Please Please, if you are trying to get the best deal for your old or unwanted phone,

do not try to sell it to www.devicebuyer.co.uk they will take your phone and you will not see any money for it.

I used the envelope they provided and posted my Galaxy Note 2 to them by Special Delivery, it was signed for by their office

but despite trying to contact them by their contact us page on their website

I am sat here typing this with no contact or reply from them and no money in my account

(on that note, if like me you requested a Bacs payment for your money,

the only thing they should be able to do with your account and sort code is to set up a direct debit,

you are covered against this under the direct debit guarantee scheme,

so keep an eye on your account and contact your bank if anything suspicious is happening).

I do have the address I sent it to and

my Royalmail tracking number

as well as contact details supplied to me by UK Postbox for the trading standards officer dealing with this issue.

I will be sure to update here with any progress/useful information that I have in relation to this.

If you have been affected by devicebuyer.co.uk, please contact your local Trading Standards. We (UK Postbox Limited) have reported to and working closely with Trading Standards as we are not connected to this company or associated trading names in any way.

If you manage to contact your local Trading Standards, then tell them that the Trading Standards in Haringey, London are already taking an interest

Details for Devicebuyer.co.uk

Name & Registered Office:

C4P TRADING LIMITED

SUITE 21 5 SPRING STREET

PADDINGTON

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W2 3AQ

Company No. 06300042

Physical address

Gateway Mews

15 Bounds Green,

London, N11 2UT,

United Kingdom

The chances are if you have sent them a phone using the supplied envelope, it was sent to Gateway Mews 15 Bounds Green, London, N11 2UT

This can be confirmed (if sent by Signed For service) by checking your tracking information on the Royal Mail track and trace - http://www.royalmail.com/track-trace

Hope that this information helps.

Allan Chester

UK Postbox

Message from Trading Standards

Dorset trading standards service has recently been receiving a number of enquiries relating to a business trading as 'Device Buyer' and 'Cash4Phones'.

Before contacting the service about these businesses please note the following information:

·On their website Device Buyer were instructing customers that wished to send their phones by special delivery to use a Dorset address.

The address given is that of a mail forwarding business and neither Device Buyer, Cash4Phones, or C4P Trading Ltd are based at this address.

This address is no longer authorised to be used by Device Buyer and I understand it has been removed from Device Buyer website.

·Any customers that have sent phones to the Dorset address may contact us for further advice on 01305 224702.

However any customers that have sent phones to the London address should call the

Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 08454 04 05 06 in the first instance.

Citizens Advice will then forward details of these enquiries to the relevant authority to action as they see fit.

Unfortunately Dorset trading standards will not be able to reply to consumers that have already enquired about Device Buyer unless they have sent their phone to the Dorset address.

UK Postbox is no longer involved in this story now. They have closed the devicebuyer account and there is nothing more they can do. No more phones are being directed through their service. They were unwitting victims of it all.

UK PostBox have been enormously helpful and it is down to their efforts that maybe this swindle is finally being brought to an end.

The CEO of UK Postbox has put a lot of effort into uncovering the mystery and contacting the authorities about it but it is now completely out of their hands.

I would not recommend anyone to contact them.

Your best port of call is to email - [email protected] which is the trading standards office for the Cash4Phones area.

If you have been affected by devicebuyer.co.uk, please contact your local Trading Standards. We (UK Postbox Limited) have reported to and working closely with Trading Standards as we are not connected to this company or associated trading names in any way.

If you manage to contact your local Trading Standards, then tell them that the Trading Standards in Haringey, London are already taking an interest

Details for Devicebuyer.co.uk

Name & Registered Office:

C4P TRADING LIMITED

SUITE 21 5 SPRING STREET

PADDINGTON

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W2 3AQ

Company No. 06300042

Physical address

Gateway Mews

15 Bounds Green,

London, N11 2UT,

United Kingdom

The chances are if you have sent them a phone using the supplied envelope, it was sent to Gateway Mews 15 Bounds Green, London, N11 2UT

This can be confirmed (if sent by Signed For service) by checking your tracking information on the Royal Mail track and trace - http://www.royalmail.com/track-trace

Hope that this information helps.

Allan Chester

UK Postbox

Hi Allan

I have sent my phone to the gateway mews address believing it to be cash4phones, I sent it by recorded delivery and know it was received on Monday 18th November. Is this one of the phones you have received? I apologise if I am taking up your time but I have been conned by cash4phones and am trying to find out what to do about it. I have come across your forum posts and am hoping my phone is one of the ones you are sending back. I apologise if I have misunderstood the information but would be extremely grateful for any information you can give me. Many Thanks

Hi Gemski

You will need to contact Trading Standards please read post#9

Allan has no connection to Cash4phones and were innocent victims in this and worked very closely with Trading Standard.

Please contact Trading Standards.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hiya is it possible u could help me get my phone back from this company? I used special delivery with royal mail and have heard nothing from they sent me out the freepost envelope. I have even informed trading standards and watchdog.

I to have been done by device buyer i sent my Samsung note 2 off to them for recycling I even got an email from them on the 20th November to say they had my phone and were checking it for faults and to give them 10 days to sort it out- is it worth starting any court procedures against these guys ? is anyone getting any responses from them if so does anyone have a number for them ?

Hi

Me to i sent mine on the 13th November, is it worth pursuing this or do we just have to forget about it as opening a case against this company will just end up costing me more money ?

Did you find anything out ?

Kind Regards

hayley

i posted my phones on the 6th novemver 2013 and i have had 1 email from you stating they have my phones and it will take 10 days to look at them, i have no had no reply since i have been e mailing and phone and nothing, i dont know what else todo, i was told to get hold of citizens avice and from there they would get hold of trading standards.

Name Change from C4P to

YEMONIA LIMITED

SUITE 21 5 SPRING STREET

PADDINGTON

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W2 3AQ

Company No. 06300042

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yes they have changed their registered name that Cash4Phones were trading under C4P Trading Limited to YEMONIA LIMITED and moved from EC2 to W2 (although their C4P Trading Limited site shows this as the registered company name and not YEMONIA LIMITED as showing on webcheck on the companies house site http://www.cash4phones.co.uk/corporate/contact-us.aspx).

I have been waiting since 11th of October to be paid £132.40 and they are now ignoring my emails and no one picks up their phone. Had started Small Claims Proceeding but cannot enforce judgement as don't know where they are now and I also don't want to waste any more money unless I have too. So have put in a complaint to Watchdog about their new [problem] about not paying, Watchdog had ran the original 'excessive wear and tear' [problem] which I found yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/cash-4-phones.

I have also contacted ActionFraud and put in a case so have a crime reference number, I do hope that this action, if enough people do this, results in the owners being arrested and their business being closed down. As for re-claiming any money am not confidant any longer and has already cost me another £25 to put a claim in the small claims court, am told will cost even more if judgement has been approved and then I try to enforce...

Edited by Hampsa
Slight wording error