• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cash 4 Phones websites gone & they got me too

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my iPhone 4s 16gb for offer of £186.50.

It was in virtually pristine condition.

Once I realised it was not progressing through their system

(over a week after posting, status 'awaiting phone' and found how difficult it was to find any way to contact them,

I searched on the web and found a myriad of disgruntled customers.

I immediately sent two recorded delivery 7-day letters to the two different addresses I found for them.

I also sent a copy to a customerservices address I came across.

next day status changed to phone received,

waiting testing.

next day it went to passed testing,

awaiting payment.

yesterday (about 6 working days later) still at that stage.

I thought they must be stringing it out to the last minute,

but today the website has gone.

I also find out about the watchdog program

- doubtless was the final straw,

but too late for me.

My question; is there any point now in continuing with court action? How can we find out if they are still trading/sue-able in court?

My 7-day LBA expires tomorrow - trying to decide whether to send good money after bad in starting court proceedings as their website has gone today and doubtless they are in winding up mode Please post any responses you get from now on so we can best judge if there is still anyone left to sue...

Edited by Apriumben
keypress error

Hi,

This is happening too many times to be an administrative error. I would go as far as saying it is deliberate.

I suggest you send a recorded delivery letter to their head office:

C4P TRADING LIMITED

SUITE 21 5 SPRING STREET

PADDINGTON

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W2 3AQ

This should be a Letter Before Action (LBA) demanding they remit the payment within, say, 7 days or court action will follow.

I sent two letters - one to that address - not been delivered 6 days later - and one to another address which was signed for next day. Unlike the original phone delivery however the signature was just a firstname. Original phone recorded sig was a name, followed by C4P.

The address which did get signed for was

C4P Trading

Unit 15, Gateway Mews

Ringway

London

N11 2UT

However, see my other post(s) - I don't hold out any hope. The only reason for them to pay out is if they are still [causing problems] and now the website has gone, all they need to do is go bust and run off with the profits.

(Thanks whoever sorted my posts out into one thread!)

My feeling today is I don't want to let this go, as I am convinced this was systematic fraud. Looking at the changes of Directors for instance, and the recent change of offices, I believe that they would be trying to confuse the whole issue legally (e.g. papers server top the wrong office, Directors not responsible because they weren't in office long enough to make any changes, etc). I kinda feel though that this could get a little time consuming and expensive for one person to take on. If there were still actively trading they would have an incentive to pay me to shut me up, now they just have an incentive to take the money and run.

I don't know if there is any facility here to start some sort of joint action, but would be happy to hear from anyone else of like mind!

I've sent 2 x Iphone4s to this company on 8th November and received a message to say they still hadn't received them when royal mail confirmed that they have been delivered. Their phone number repeats itself and no option to speak with anyone. All email address' come back as not delivered andW I have no idea what to do next. I am completely gutted as I have just bought a house for the first time and was going to use the money (quoted £360 for both phones) to help pay for eveyrthing. What can we do to stop these people. It makes me sick

I sent two letters - one to that address - not been delivered 6 days later - and one to another address which was signed for next day. Unlike the original phone delivery however the signature was just a firstname. Original phone recorded sig was a name, followed by C4P.

The address which did get signed for was

C4P Trading

Unit 15, Gateway Mews

Ringway

London

N11 2UT

However, see my other post(s) - I don't hold out any hope. The only reason for them to pay out is if they are still ****ming and now the website has gone, all they need to do is go bust and run off with the profits.

I rang the other building today apparently they moved out a while back

What can we do to stop these people. It makes me sick

I'm doing court papers tomorrow, by my reckoning they've had their 7 days now - I'm giving them the benefit of 'working' days. No sense hanging about. I could really do with someone living locally having a gander and seeing if their premises are actually occupied or not as its too far for me to travel. Website came back on, so presumably they are still hoping for more orders.

You can also try contacting watchdog/rogue traders - if anyone else knows of any other organisations that might be interested I'll happily contact them. While a certain percentage of people are prepared to just give up, its in their interest to carry on. I'm not sure if trading standards will want to get involved, but no harm in trying them also

Update: I have started online claim today, and will update as and when I see any progress.

I notice I cannot send messages to any other users on the forum; if anyone else wants help on how to proceed you are welcome to mail me if you can, or reply to this thread. Please do not give up!

2 Blackberry phones were sent to them in September, both in working conditions. They sent me an email in October telling that one of them cannot be used to make calls which was completely untrue. At that time, I was not aware that Cash4phones was/is a fraud. I agreed to them, £51 + £11 for both phones.

I am still waiting for the cash in my bank account, I am sure Im not getting it. I did a complaint on the website, they replied telling me that my file has been transferred to finance department and It would take 7 to 14 working days. Also, during busier times, it would be longer.

I have tried to call them , Ive been waiting for ages and obviously noone picked up.

I keep on checking my bank account , in vain! and now the Cash4phones Website has been removed from the web. Is there any way I could get back my money? ooops NO WAY !

Hi, I am in a similar situation to you. I sent them my Samsung Galaxy S3,. I sent it in the envelope they provided me. I sent it with the slip of paper and nothing else. How do I trace my phone? And whether they have received it or not? I do not intend to give up. I have emails from them but the online quote they provided me with has now expired hence the website going down. ??????

How do you start proceedings? I have been waiting since august

Update: I have started online claim today, and will update as and when I see any progress.

I notice I cannot send messages to any other users on the forum; if anyone else wants help on how to proceed you are welcome to mail me if you can, or reply to this thread. Please do not give up!

Starting court proceedings is easier than you might think, and costs £25. I'll do a brief set of instructions later, unless someone else does in the meantime, but trying to clear my desk of work today is proving difficult. one word of warning though, if they ignore judgement then you have to pay more again to get it enforced - I presume that would get added to the claim so you should get your money back - I'm fairly sure they presume that the small amounts of money involved will be too much trouble for many people, so they can just get away with it. If you can afford to chance the £25 initial fee then you should, imo.

More in a few hours

How do you start proceedings? I have been waiting since august

Hi, if you want to challenge Cash4phones, then there is a lot of useful information in this forum. I am sending "C4P" a Letter Before Court Action today by recorded delivery. If I don't receive payment within 7 days then I will begin county court proceedings. Information about the above mentioned letter can be found on the Citizens Advice Bureau website, there is a lot of useful information on that website re: starting county court proceedings.

I'm so disappointed by all of this because if this is such a widespread problem then why is Cash4phones still allowed to trade and tip people off???

I'm so disappointed by all of this because if this is such a widespread problem then why is Cash4phones still allowed to trade and tip people off???

Because very few people bother to complain. People should routinely inform the police and Trading standards - but they never bother

Because very few people bother to complain. People should routinely inform the police and Trading standards - but they never bother

this from another thread post by BF

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?410213-Success-against-device-buyer-aka-cash-4-phones&p=4408333&viewfull=1#post4408333

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Small claims procedure:

1) Send a Letter before action - details below - advising the company they have xx days to respond satisfactorily or you will take the matter to court, and be claiming your costs - use recorded delviery

2) Allow the ti,e to elapse (I used 7 days, and assumed that was 7 working days) as stipulated in your letter

3) Assuming you have not had satisfactory response then start claim as below

4) Send any further documentation to the defendent within 14 days - the online summary is very short so the chances are that you will need to do this

5) Wait for something to happen, and then update the online claim as appropriate

Letter Before Action

State the reason you are taking this step, the amount of money you require to settle your claim, and the time you are willing to wait for this to be done. State also that this is their final notice before court proceedings, and that you will be recovering your costs in addition to the current amount being asked. An exmaple fill follow

Online claim:

go to and start there. It doesn't take very long but there are a few points you need to bear in mind. Also please ask here for guidance if you are unsure before you do something wrong

Be brief and to the point - an example follows soon - in the meantime note you have 1000 characters max - inc spaces blank lines and punctuation. its not much. Type this out before you start and get it right.

Tick the box about sending further particulars to the defendant

Get the right name of the company or person you are suing, and their registered address. The website talks about the name of the person. Don't worry, it will allow you to enter a company when you get to that part

Have a credit card ready - you need to pay the fee upfront. It depends on the amount of the claim, but for these purposes it is currently £25. You can claim that back - but thats only any use if you win, and the other side hasn't gone bust.

More information follows. Please note also that the more people do this the better. If you want to help then there is the possibility of telling your story to the media. If you would like to do this you need to hurry and let me know - just reply on here for the time being

Here is an example LBA - please make double sure to replace any of my details with correct ones of your own!

Your name

and address goes here

C4P Trading

Unit 15, Gateway Mews

Ringway

London

N11 2UT

Recorded Delivery

(Date of letter goes here)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Advice of intention to commence proceedings

Order ID xxxxxxx

I received an offer from you for recycling of my (phone model goes here) phone on the (Date you got their email) The sum promised was £xxx.xx.

The phone was sent back to you on the (Date sent) by 1st class recorded post, and I have signed proof of delivery from your address on the (Date delivered).

The phone was in perfect working order, unmarked, and very securely wrapped in bubble-wrap within your envelope. (This was the condition of my phone, change this to match your own. Don’t make anything up)

I have not received any further communication from you since that point, no money has been transferred to my account, and the status on your website still shows ‘pack sent to customer’

(your situation may be different – change this to match)

I would like to make my position completely clear:

I sent you my phone, in excellent and fully working condition, in good faith based on the offer made from your website. You have received my phone but failed to either contact me or remit the promised money within a reasonable time frame. I am not prepared to accept anything less than the full payment of £xx.xx without delay.

Should that payment not be received in full within 7 working days of your receipt of this letter, I will be commencing proceedings to recover my losses and any associated costs incurred with that process. There will not be any further notice served on you before proceedings are commenced. All court fees, legal costs and any other disbursements will form part of my claim.

Yours faithfully,

(Your name and signature)

Edited by Apriumben
Grammatical improements

Particulars of Claim - Example of what you put on the online claim form. This needs you ot make changes to get yours correct for your circumstances

Defendant made an offer to recycle claimants

iPhone for £xxx.xx0 via defendants website

cash4phones.co.uk

Claimant sent the defendant his mobile phone

as instructed, carefully packaged, by

recorded delivery.

Defendant agreed the amount of the payment

having tested the phone, of £186.50

Defendant has kept the phone but failed to

make the promised payment.

Claimant became aware of many similar cases

and sent a Letter Before Action by recorded

delivery. This remains unanswered.

Claimant seeks payment of £xxx.xx + costs

Note: many people have received reduced offers for their phone, or received their phone back in damaged condition - this wording is not quite right in your case! If you want to post your own text here (or in you own thread would be better) someone can advise you if you have got it right - before you submit it. Another days delay won't hurt.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hello, I sent 3 blackberrys to cash 4 phones mid November, but heardnothing back since mid December, I cant email them, ths phone line just repeats its self, they have no website, what can I do? Thanks...

Not a lot by the looks of it, it is possible you may be able to take legal action against cash for phones legal name yemonia or the named director oppose any dissolving action, many others are in the same boat.

If you can find a genuine UK address for the director, then you could issue a claim on him. he would then have to reveal himself to defend or get a CCJ on him personally. Sadly, i dont think he has one, as even trading standards nor the police can find him. Whats strange is that they wont get a court order to the mailing redirection office to see where his mail gets redirected to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It was a legit website and it was a genuine buisness (albeit run very poorly), the warnings about it have been online for quite a few months though, its a pity that people didnt just do a quick Google before using them.