Requesting statements......

astrobhoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i got the ball rolling yesterday with my to accounts one with the Abbey, and the other with the RBS. I have more to claim from RBS, and i took the letter in to deliver by hand and also to receive a receipt for delivery. The girl at the desk insisted that i didn't need the letter/cheque, and that she could easily order my statements for £5! I confirmed with her that it was ll my statements, and she said yes - simple as that. So they are orderd; but one thing is still niggling in my mind, as i'm sure that i had heard before that when people are ordering statements from the bank it was £5 PER MONTHLY back ordered statements. I may be completely wrong with this, and if i am right it would cost a fortune!! Has anyone else here had such an easy request when visiting their local branch?

Thanks

AstroBhoy

My brother phoned Halifax/BOS and asked for his statements, was charged the £5, thought that was it, 3months later were still waiting for them, so it wasnt 'quite' so simple. as he hadnt sent off a SAR, i reckoned he couldn't really hold them to the 40 day D.P.A limits, and there was little he could do, other than start again, after a bit of encouregment and phone call to them, suggesting the data protection commisioner would be informed of there lack of co-operation he has been promised them by the end of the week, my advice would be to stick to the tried and tested methods, anything else you need to know you should find below

Good Luck

S