style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm building up a mass of stuff against VCS (in particular) and other PPC's operating in the roads leading to airports. Ticketing for stopping for picking someone up or drop them off.

There are few topics on this in PPP. The one with the most info at present is here

The amount of work going on in the background is huge. The intention is to push VCS into taking court action for non payment following an unsuccessful POPLA appeal.

We have that rejected appeal so now it's a waiting game.

What I need now is a bit of backing from others to put this to court in the best way possible. That means a no risk basis for a defendant, ie we guarantee to meet any charges if the case is lost, which is extremely unlikely anyway. Typically it's around the mid £200's

Anything over the amount needed for charges alone could be used effectively for legal expenses for proper representation in court.

Could even use a similar company to the one which PE use if we get stuck for a volunteer lawyer.

Whichever case VCS has the guts to take to court will become the test case and we may only get one shot at this so we need the best people to take this on.

I believe this will be a massive case. If VCS lose it won't be case law but would be persuasive in other county courts, however if they then appealed and lost again it would be extremely important.

It would effectively close the operations down as they would have been shown to be illegal.

VCS would probably just carry on with ticketing on the roads but if the airport then got dragged in to explain why they allow it when it has been shown to be unlawful they may well drop them like hot bricks.

At present it appears that the airport is covered by byelaws which would normally suggest that PoFA doesn't apply to chasing the RK for payment.

However it transpires that the landside roads appear to be part of the normal road traffic enactments, ie subject to any relevant law for normal public highways. Of course that would mean that only the police could ticket on the roads since they haven't been decriminalised.

There's a lot more stuff too but best kept off forum for now.

I'm not over here very much as I don't have the time to do both PPP and this forum but I know there are others who frequent both places, some of whom have already made a £15 pledge. I thank them for that. At present it's only a pledge and won't solidify until a court appearance happens, if VCS have the guts for it.

I need other pledges now. I need to build up a decent reserve for use in employing legal representation if needed.

Normally people have been PM'ing me pledges but the inbox on PPP is already full of such pledges and there's no room left to take any more in there. So if anyone cares to drop me a regular email pledge to my disposable email address of [email protected] I'd really appreciate it.

We need to kill off these bottom feeding ****.