style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys, i was witness to a fight outside of work which involved a collegue. i told the police that i didnt see who hit who first(which is the truth) but i suspected that my collegue was hit first because his teeth had been knocked out. now when my boss asked me to give her a statement i wrote that i saw the other man hit my colleague first. its now going to crown court as my collegue is acused of stamping on the other man. can my boss sack me for giving her false account of what happened.

because she said its a care home and she needed an account of what happened, i dont know why she wanted one. the only thing that differes on the statement i gave her was that who hit who first when in my police statement i said that i didnt know

Why did you change your story?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'd be more worried about being asked in Crown Court why the two statements differed ......

Thats exactly what i was thinking.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I'm surprised. If the prosecution were aware of it and wanted to call into question your credibility as a witness, I can't see how you could avoid it if directly asked "have you given any other statements with differing facts?"

I suspect your bosses action will be determined by the outcome of the court case. Unlikely your boss is going to go to court to hear all the details. I'd be more worried if I were the one in a fight.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Its illegal for you to lie under oath.

Heres my advice. Sit down and get your head in order. You need to get your story straight and then stick to it. Its also not illegal for her to discuss the case if it affects his/her business of which you are an employee. Its the same as if a supermarket worker got in a fight with a customer or another worker while they are clocked on. If they werent clocked on and it was off the premises, then it wouldnt concern the company.

As it is, you have already changed your story once. If you get questioned about it in court, and you are found to be lying, then things wont turn out well.

Why would it be illegal to discuss it? She was not a witness nor is likely to be a member of the jury.

If it is a care home, then the actions of an employee being involved in an act of violence outside work may well have a bearing on the safeguarding of residents and the employer would be entitled to suspend your colleague pending the outcome of any court case. Your testimony might then be critical in deciding whether this happens or not, as the event will already be recorded and almost certainly would be included on any enhanced disclosure.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

i would never lie under oath and i told the truth in my police statement. , would it be best for me to speak to my boss asap and tell her about it. and how could i excuse my lapse of truth? the only thing i missed out was that who hit who first

Just go to her and tell her exactly what happened. If she asks why you lied, or told her the wrong info, just tell her the truth. After all, you must have had a reason why you told her something different.

Just looking at this from a common sense point of view I'd say the quicker you are about getting to your boss and telling her the truth the less likely it is to affect you.

If the first time your boss finds out about the differing statements is during the Court case she'll probably make more of it than it actually is... just go to her and be honest.

If you want her to think you are bonkers, by all means

LMAO.... this actually just made me laugh loud... thinking of some guy frantically ripping paper into shreds.

I would just come clean. Say you are almost certain who got hit first but you think the statement you made is unfair as although you are pretty sure thats exactly what happened its not 100% as things happened so fast you may have missed seeing something.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys.

i was text messaged by a colleague making threats to beat me up, calling me a pussy etc etc (my boss has seen these). also he ''squared'' upto me in town and offered to beat me up, this was witnesses by 2 other members of staff who made statements to our boss. also he was proven to have stolen cleaning supplies from work. today he was called in for a meeting (everyone expected he'd get fired) after his meeting he walked home. then i was called into office and my boss advised me not to worry as he has been given a ''talking to'' and will be back in monday. does this seem very lenient????? and does anyone know if its alowed.

additional info---- we work in a care home, he has also been reported for swearing at staff and threatening them.