fredrickson and lowell - o2 'debt'

Ktlin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please help ,

l desputed my bill with o2 beginning of last year and they sold my debt to Lowell ,

l didn't receive any warnings about this except getting letters that l owe Lowell,

neither did l get a default and cancelation fee which l asked for in the first place when my phone was disconnected,

I have received a letter from fredrickson saying they are representing Lowell and they need me to pay or send me to court through bryan carter

l contacted o2 they told me the bill was correct and still lm disputing it ,

they then tell me if lm disputing the bill l call them

but for paying for the bill l pay Lowell,

am l right in thinking this bill doesn't belong to o2 anymore as they have said l pay it to Lowell

I am l eligible in paying the bill bearing in mind l already have a default in my credit file,

can bryan carter take me to court for this, ?

I haven't paid them a penny and have not responded to Lowell's letters except when l received this one last week from fredrickson

saying if l don't pay they will instruct bryan carter their solicitors

l then contacted o2 to find out why they had sold my bill and that l was still not agreeing with the charges and no one seemed to want to help me

how is Lowell, fredrickson, bryan carter related as l am not getting how this is becoming a string

here is the ;letter l wrote to fredrickson this letter

Dear Fredrickson,

Accountno: (number)

You havecontacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which youclaim is owed by myself.

I wouldpoint out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to lowell.

I am familiarwith the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that itunfair to send demands

for payment to an individual when it is uncertain thatthey are the debtor in question.

I wouldalso point out that the OFT says under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursuethird parties for payment when they are not liable.

In not ceasing collectionactivity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you areusing deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermoreignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or aredisputed

and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts tophysical/psychological harassment.

I wouldask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you canprovide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I awaityour written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I will haveno option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department andconsider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we lookforward to your reply.

Yourssincerely,

was this right ?

but whats next ?

can they still come back with something l cant handle ?

please help me to deal with these people

Fredrickson these days ARE Lowell...

Also, i like the letter, however how much is it for?

One step at the time, give us more info here.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fredrickson these days ARE Lowell...

Also, i like the letter, however how much is it for?

One step at the time, give us more info here.

It is £541

For me l think it shouldn't be more than £320 that's including cancelation they final offered me after stringing me for months and charging me for phone that was disconnected

be careful they will issue a claim form or an sd.

what was you dispute

why sis you stop paying o2

tell us the story.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX is right, Lowell are getting more Litigious as every day goes on.

If they do then the key part to this story will be your disputing the bill with O2.

So any further info is great here....

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Phone accounts are not credit agreement regulated by CCA 1974, default notices are not required.

If you want to take this write to Ronan Dunne CEO Telefonica Uk , response is usually swift.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You should have received letters of assignment from Lowell as well as O2 if the account has been sold to them .Ask O2 for confirmation of that.

If Lowell have bought the account it would be them who instructed BC, not Fred. This sounds more like instruction as DCA rather than debt sale

You should definitely dispute the bill with O2, but give us more details so that we can help

To get a response from O2 write to Ronan Donne CEO of Telefonica UK the full address is on a very recent O2 thread.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Phone accounts are not credit agreement regulated by CCA 1974, default notices are not required.

If you want to take this write to Ronan Dunne CEO Telefonica Uk , response is usually swift.

please explain what do you mean phone accounts are not credit agreement regulated by CCA 1974

exactly that.

they are not credit so are not covered by the consumer credit act

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You should have received letters of assignment from Lowell as well as O2 if the account has been sold to them .Ask O2 for confirmation of that.

If Lowell have bought the account it would be them who instructed BC, not Fred. This sounds more like instruction as DCA rather than debt sale

You should definitely dispute the bill with O2, but give us more details so that we can help

l did not receive any letter stating that they have sold my account ,

l received lots of letters stating they need the money paid and obviously l ignored them because l thought l was being played, then received a letter from fredrickson saying they represent Lowell and they would like the money paid they will instruct bryan carter to take me to court

it wasn't bryan carter who wrote the letter it was fredrickson they said they were representing Lowell,

when l talked to o2 they said l dispute with them the charges but paying l pay Lowell that's when l stated wondering why am l paying Lowell instead of o2 l never paid my bill and asked them to cancel my contract then 4months after they did and sent me a bill up to then and including cancellation fee

for me l know l owe about half of that with cancellation fee

o2 says l dispute with them but pay Lowell

my bill was for two months but lm charged for more, lm even charged internet that l never went over the limit no one sent me my bill even when l wanted it ,

please ask me what you want to know as lm not sure what else you would want to know thanx

exactly that.

they are not credit so are not covered by the consumer credit act

dx

so if they are not credit and not covered by consumer credit act how do they get to put default on my credit ,

can l make them take it off ? or are they allowed to place it

how do l deal with them , best way ?

explain to me in detail if they are not covered what does it mean for me or them

have l got any way of getting out of it ,?

to be honest l would have been happy paying the bill if someone had talked to me and sent me copies instead of being passed on and ignored , so l just thought l keep quite too

thanx

its in their T&C's that they can fwd your details to cra 's.

and they

so if they are not credit and not covered by consumer credit act how do they get to put default on my credit ,

can l make them take it off ? or are they allowed to place it

how do l deal with them , best way ?

explain to me in detail if they are not covered what does it mean for me or them

have l got any way of getting out of it ,?

to be honest l would have been happy paying the bill if someone had talked to me and sent me copies instead of being passed on and ignored , so l just thought l keep quite too

thanx

I only just seen this as I'm away for a few days.

In simple terms a mobile phone account is a service contract, payments do not include interest and are billed monthly in arrears.

There is no element of credit involved.

You will have signed a contract in store or electronically on line giving 'permission' for your data to be shared and passed to credit reference agencies.

From what you have said you ceased payments while you disputed the account which is totally the wrong approach, dealing with such matters on the phone usually proves pointless too.

O2s advice to raise a dispute (formal complaint in writing ) is good, a formal complaint must be fully investigated and a response made with in 56 days.

Lowell are a debt purchase company Fredrikson are now part of the same group and they are a debt collectors, Bryan Carter is a solicitor (for rent) used by many companies in the debt collection industry.

Reading through your post it seems to me that you have 'received a lot of letters' and chosen to ignore them, my guess is that on or two of those letters are notices of assignment.

I personally cannot see any reason for O2 to remove the default from what you have said, no I don't think you 'have any way of getting out of it'.

The only way forward is the formal complaint but I have a suspicion you will not like the answer!

As dx 100uk has said and so have I this is not a consumer credit matter, no default notice is required and the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended does not apply to this debt.

The default is correct stopping the payments is the cause of action, the action taken was to default the account.

l did not receive any letter stating that they have sold my account ,

l received lots of letters stating they need the money paid and obviously l ignored them because l thought l was being played, then received a letter from fredrickson saying they represent Lowell and they would like the money paid they will instruct bryan carter to take me to court

it wasn't bryan carter who wrote the letter it was fredrickson they said they were representing Lowell,

when l talked to o2 they said l dispute with them the charges but paying l pay Lowell that's when l stated wondering why am l paying Lowell instead of o2 l never paid my bill and asked them to cancel my contract then 4months after they did and sent me a bill up to then and including cancellation fee

for me l know l owe about half of that with cancellation fee

o2 says l dispute with them but pay Lowell

my bill was for two months but lm charged for more, lm even charged internet that l never went over the limit no one sent me my bill even when l wanted it ,

please ask me what you want to know as lm not sure what else you would want to know thanx

You should write to Lowell & O2 saying that you have not received any letters of assignment despite O2 saying that they have sold the account

You should also state that you dispute the amount claimed and that you require fully itemised bills for the amount that they are claiming