Ouch...what a sting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After already wasting my morning on this and in view of my time this will waste in the future, plus the effect it's likely to have on my health with the stress, I'm going to pay the reduced payment within the 14 days. I will just never return to that particular place.

After already wasting my morning on this and in view of my time this will waste in the future, plus the effect it's likely to have on my health with the stress, I'm going to pay the reduced payment within the 14 days. I will just never return to that particular place.

Not sure why you want to give them money when you are not obliged to pay them. If you are that willing to part with money you don't have to pay, why not donate some to CAG? It is not a ticket it is a speculative invoice hoping to catch people unawares.

Not that willing...but I'm unemployed and have diabetes, which can be exacerbated by stress. I have to weigh up the options at the end of the day. Not only would the stress not do me any good, but if they handed it to debt collectors I'd be in a worse financial situation that I'm in now.

Not that willing...but I'm unemployed and have diabetes, which can be exacerbated by stress. I have to weigh up the options at the end of the day. Not only would the stress not do me any good, but if they handed it to debt collectors I'd be in a worse financial situation that I'm in now.

No you won't and you need to fight these con artists. If it goes to a DCA all you need to do is drop them a letter stating it is under dispute and they have to return the debt to the orginator. If you are unemployed surely it is preferable that you keep in the money in your pocket as you need it more than them. Remember there is no obligation to pay them. We can help you every step of the way in fighting this silly request for some money. Read below;

Private parking company Parking Eye issued a claim for damages arising from breach of contract, but Parking Eye had not shown how the actions of the motorist had caused a loss, or genuine pre-estimate of loss.

The judge found that, in his opinion, a contractual arrangement to manage parking does not give rise to a cause of action to claim for damages. In particular, the lack of ownership of the land meant that the Parking Eye had no standing to bring such an action in their own name.

On its website, Parking Eye likes to boast of wins 'all over the land'. Probably not this one though.

Read more

Do you know if there have been any wins against MET Parking Services at Stansted and is there a standard letter I can send them in response to this Parking charge notice.

Thanks

In the absence of a standard letter would this be sufficient.

"With regard to Parking Charge Notice Number MPxxxxxxxx, please provide full details of how the actions of the said vehicle have caused a loss, or genuine pre-estimate of loss that amounts to £100.

Please provide a POPLA number, if necessary."

P.S. Just made a donation to CAG

Edited by DaveTee

Appealing this and refusing to pay is the way to go. Paying up only legitimises what is a very dubious and underhand business. And, as has already been pointed out, being unemployed, your money should be spent on taking care of yourself and your family rather than being given away when it does not need to be.

MET are not known for following through with a court claim, so appeal, then take it to POPLA, which will cost MET £27 and where the grounds for your appeal will be that the claim does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss (and maybe that the signage was inadequate - after all, how could you be held to a contract which you were unaware of?). POPLA may well uphold your case but even if not, MET will write a few more scary letters, some may even be in red ink - and then pass it to a Debt Collector who can safely be told to go away, especially since their use of words such as Court, Bailiff etc are baseless. The letters will almost certainly stop after that.

How stressful can that be? I am sure you are up to dealing with far worse!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thanks Sidwinder....I guess I'll be visiting the post office next week. Can anyone tell me whether the text I wrote is sufficient for the letter of appeal...thanks.

You don't have to put 'P.S. Just made a donationlink3.gif to CAGlink31.gif' in your appeal if you don't want....

You don't have to put 'P.S. Just made a donationlink3.gif to CAGlink31.gif' in your appeal if you don't want....

:lol:

Thanks DaveTee. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

There's a growing movement to fight these parasitic companies, backed by professionals including solicitors and may well become viral. I hope these companies are reading these posts...their time is coming to an end :-)

Just contacted Starbucks where the car was allegedly parked and was told that they pay rent to some random guy who owns the land and it's nothing to do with them....how funny :-)

Where is the Starbucks?

• 4 weeks later...
Finally managed to sort this with the area manager by making a complaint on TripAdvisor, which she saw and responded to. The ticket has now been cancelled and I received a car with £10 worth of free coffees on.

Brilliant! Lets hope others follow your route and complain to the landowner (or in your case Starbucks)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Finally managed to sort this with the area manager by making a complaint on TripAdvisor, which she saw and responded to. The ticket has now been cancelled and I received a car with £10 worth of free coffees on.

Congratulations to standing up to these bullies and on your win!

Have you also noticed the difference between the start of this thread and the end and the stance taken. Just goes to show that people power is alive and kicking :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE