me cabot & citi debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread is extremely useful and interesting.

I have had a contact from Cabot too. CAB are handling it for me. Should I send them the CCA letter? I really don't want to pay - at any time - if I don't have to.

What do you reckon?

:eek::confused: Totallylost :confused::eek:

I only want what's mine.

Cabot (Halifax CC) £3304.31 - trying to negotiate min payment.- Sept 09

They sent copy of original agreement (bad copy).Felt I had to comply to stall. :mad:

Halifax/BMidshires - Mortgage - £18000 - In process of beginning to sue for them selling the house (after REPO) below the market value. :mad:

I have had a contact from Cabot too. CAB are handling it for me. Should I send them the CCA letter? I really don't want to pay - at any time - if I don't have to.

What do you reckon?

i would send your cca to cabot and go from there!!

Halifax

Settled in Full

Cap One

Settled in Full

Citi Card

Settled in Full

What do you reckon?

It would depend on your situation really. None of us want to pay but explain your circumstances and we might be able to provide more information for you. If the debt exists then one has an obligation, but if you are like my own where the whole debt is made up of charges then it's a kinda different.

Hi

Thanks.

The situation is that DH is in rehab after depression set in and he hit the bottle big time. His problem but he has left behind a whole lotta debt. He won't be out of rehab til October earliest. When he went in I contacted every company that I knew of to explain that money was non existent and that please could they hold fire till the end of the year.

A lot of the companies such as Citi bank, Yes car credit etc. have said that they are giving the debt over to collection agencies. Not alot I can do about that so what else could I say. They don't want the bother of waiting to see if they get their money back, so they hand it on. Their privelage I suppose.

Anyway,most of the debts, including cabot, is DH;s debt. Sole name. There are others such as Welcome Finance which is secured, that sort of thing.

I found myself/him in such dire straights after his binge of 6mths inside a vodka bottle, that I felt I couldn't cope with all the phone calls, explainations, letters, threats etc... I needed help. I first went to CCCS, who I have to say are pretty good.

I have no idea what to do with all the forms etc. So I went to Debt Matters... I have been told they charge, but they can't help anyway. Not enough coming in for an IVA. So I went to the CAB financial "experts" who have so far written letters to the creditors with a financial statement. I just keep them informed of a progress that occurs with each creditor... ie summonses etc...

We are jointly liable for the mortgage but there is no way I can pay that on what I earn. (£80/wk) The mortgage itself comes to approx £1800 per month!!

DH went bankrupt about 9yrs ago because of a business deal that went wrong for him. He has been penalised for it ever since. He was only out of b/ruptcy 2yrs before we appllied for a mortgage.

Anyways, hope this puts a clearer picture on it.

There are other collectors involved now too.

Thanks for helping/just being there.:)

:eek::confused: Totallylost :confused::eek:

I only want what's mine.

Cabot (Halifax CC) £3304.31 - trying to negotiate min payment.- Sept 09

They sent copy of original agreement (bad copy).Felt I had to comply to stall. :mad:

Halifax/BMidshires - Mortgage - £18000 - In process of beginning to sue for them selling the house (after REPO) below the market value. :mad:

I'm really sorry to hear of your difficulties, but never give up hope - thesre's 40,000 people coming to this forum and everyone of them are sharing information which will take you through the steps and out of trouble stage by stage.

If you start your own thread Moderators will follow your every step.

As for Cabot, I think you will do no harm issuing a CCA for £1. My experience of them so far is that they don't know quite what they are doing, Using the templates I sent them the letter telling them I didn't recognise that I owed Cabot anything. I sent the CCA letter with the £1 postal Order and they sent me back a letter thanking me for my payment and that I should contact them to set up a payment plan:-| With the 12 days now passed they would need a court order to gain payment and at the end of the 30 days it will become uninforceable. They responded to the Data Protection Act request and sent statements and a lot of ghost letters ( copies of unaddressed standard letters from their computer which mean nothing at all).

Would I be correct in thinking there are a lot of charges on the original accounts ? If so you can write to everyone for the Data Protection Act requests re charges and all the collection agents telling them that the accounts are in dispute and that you do not wish them to call you by telephone and that if they do they will be breaching the Wireless and Telegraphy Act - so everything in writing.

What is emphasised throughout this forum is the necessity for people to get control back over these debts and only you can do that by reading what everyone is doing. There are various different approaches being taken by so many people and even the most knowledgable can learn something. One thing to remember is that we all have had some kind problem with debt for all types of reason and the synergy of this site gives the power back to the individual using the very laws these finance companies and collection agents throw at us all.

You will never be alone on this site - theres 40,000 of us!:)

Well said!

Ask any questions that you may have and you will get all the help you need.

One thing to remember is that there really is very little they can do if you simply cannot pay.

A friend of mine told me today that he had sent his CCA letter off to Legal & Trade and they (quite incorrectly and incompetently) accepted it as a payment and sent him a bundle of payment slips and informed him that they "look forward to another payment next week" and that they "accepted his payment offer of £1 per week."

Thing is, the debt is for just over £12,000 and he is in his 60's so at £1 per week...

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

tell him to keep stum. If they don't understand the CCA process that's their problem. That's exactly what cabot have done to me, taken my £1 as a payment so to hell with em. 12 days have expired - roll on the end of the month! If your chum finds they don't respond within 30 days the debt is uninforceable from what I can understand. I'll find out the exact legal position tomorow and post here again.

Thanks Andrew, that would be useful.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received