Thoughts in your day

I wanted to start this thread as a middle ground for 'What made you smile/swear today.' We have thoughts which don't make us smile or swear but you contemplate on an issue. What concerns you, what worries you, how you would rectify it. There's also the good things that work, you may have new ideas, a space for any thoughts you have on your mind.

My thought today is how large privatised companies can hold the country to ransom, being big and powerful and if there's a problem you will do our bidding. The Banks and energy companies come to mind.

Edited by determindator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is said the Chinese are chess players, play over the long term to win. The thing is finding out exactly what the prize is for winning. We have to make sure short term gain so prevalent in our society now, doesn't put us in a bad position long term. It's a concern when another country is investing so much so quickly, at what price?

• 2 weeks later...

If some MPs feel they need a pay rise to meet their financial needs, how do they connect with people who do not earn any where near their current salary or those unemployed. They are advocating we can survive this 'austere' period so why can't they on the wages they earn. Simple really I suppose, they don'y do austere. I don't see that as leading by example.

After a day surrounded by selfish, rude, strangers who are shopping for presents for loved ones, I suddenly thought to myself.................. Bloody hell I would hate for my family to feel its such a hardship to go and buy me a gift ! Yes its busy, yes its going to involve a queue, but come on, we have all had the same 12 months warning and head start............ yet 10 days to go you would think no one new this time would come until today ! ............. God bless ya xx

Thinking of our precious grand-daughter Alisha Marie on what would have been her 8th Birthday, forever in our hearts and thoughts xxxx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Good to see you SG:-D Hope your all goes according to plan. Nice violin piece in the song reminds me of the violin played in 'You wear it well' Rod Stewart 1972.

We performed on Weds, don't have to borrow mics anymore! Vid in the making so we can see how we performed.

I may go to a local tnite for mince pies and mulled wine. Mine prefer to watch Tottenham in the rain, good luck!

Christmas Supermarket Secrets BBC1tday very interesting.

Sounds an idea CD.

• 1 month later...

The PM rejects a petition which had received 100,000 sigs in one day calling for foreign aid cash to go to British flood victims. Instead he pledged a blank cheque for councils to deal with the floods. He insists money is no object. He went on to say we are a wealthy country, we have a growing economy. If money is needed for clean-up, money will be made available. He vowed householders would each get thousands of pounds to help protect their properties against future inundations. Now, this is a very different take on the dreaded austerity stance. If we have a national deficit, how can we afford foreign aid? I think the public deserve transparency on what the master plan is, and they wonder why they don't get a majority.

Barclays will be adding to the unemployed claimants. That's bankers for you.

"Agree with all of above" ............Also when did it become ok to rip off people in this country ???????????

AND WHY DO THEY CONTINUE TO........... "Get away with it" ?

Its time we all stand firm and say enough is enough............

I FOR ONE AM SICK AND TIERD OF THE UNLAWFULL GOINGS ON.... Apparently "WITH OUR GOVERMENTS HELP" ! ..............

WHO appear to be "LOOKING ON" AND JUST HUMMING ...........SWEET DIXSY !

Thank god for CAG and all the CAGGERS who believe in justice for all , Amen xxxxxxxxxxxWB

If we have a national deficit, how can we afford foreign aid?

Because when your cushy job at Downing Street comes to an end, you use your contacts to gain a position in the UN as an Ambassador.

This guarantees a top wage, kick backs, nice hotels, 3 lunches a day plus banquets in the evening & all at the expense of most of the UK.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Because when your cushy job at Downing Street comes to an end, you use your contacts to gain a position in the UN as an Ambassador.

This guarantees a top wage, kick backs, nice hotels, 3 lunches a day plus banquets in the evening & all at the expense of most of the UK.

Stigman

:madgrin:

It's becoming clear to those affected by the flooding how the water is managed. It really wasn't transparent and we see again how the truth is air brushed. Climate change experts want that 500 mil to sort our long term flood management needs. Overseas aid should become home aid.

We are starting to see the admission of the changing status of National Insurance contributions. It was set up to fund the state pension and the NHS, unemployment contributions? We are guided to understand, maybe for some time, it's use has had a wider scope. Maybe there was a concern people's concept was the NI contributions were for a specific reason, and there were certain expectations from that. I suppose it won't be long before it's amalgamated with tax deductions so it can be justified to be used for general use.

I have a friend who is a registrar. There was a marriage to take place which was reportied to immigration. The couple could clearly not communicate with each other. Immigration was contacted and they said they did not have anyone available to get to the venue and intervene. The marriage had to go ahead because there was no one in authority to intervene on what was clearly a questionable 'marriage'.

Water cannons? What are you expecting? Social discontent? I wonder why.

Mr Clegg asked if the Government have any clout with bankers bonuses. His reply IMO was a resounding No!

• 2 weeks later...

The Church shouldn't have to feel they need to consult MP's before they speak out for the electorate, as IDS has suggested this morning. The Clergy know more about what's happening at grass roots I believe.

why do some people think it is funny to view your house just to pass the time, have they nothing better to do? :mad2:

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

no Determindator, we are trying for a house swap/exchange and of course you get people who want to view to make sure it is for them etc, well am sick of people coming and saying the want the house blah blah blah and you make arrangements to go view theirs but before that you never hear from them again! We call them " window shoppers" or Sunday afternoon people with nothing better to do!

Very frustrating for you and the family BC. Tell the authority you've got a problem with time wasters, maybe they can find a way to stop this, i.e the person viewing is obligated you can view their home. Hope you get the move you want soon.