Thoughts in your day

Deep thoughts all:-D

My thought for some time now is for the NHS and other public bodies to consider whether using certain large companies for their services i.e cleaning, food, maintenance and whether they are taken on in the best interest of good value and service. The overheads of large corporations are high and that reflects in the money paid for the contracts and it's tax payer money. Needs more scrutiny. The Carillion debacle is in the spotlight at the moment but there are other large entities with huge contracts like them. For example, a hospital trust should consider using smaller independent businesses i.e one company for cleaning, another for food, another for maintenance rather than feel they have/need to only use large corporations to undertake hospital services.

The trouble is there is little or no joined - up thinking right across the NHS other than with the magnificent front line workers and I know someone who works in the NHS trying to put that right behind the scenes. There is phenominal waste at local admin level often caused by people believing the responsibility of keeping costs down by using common-sense is not their job!

Also many of the higher echelons within Gov't have a finger in certain pie's which they'd never get if a smaller company of course without it being obvious and a conflict of interest.

but they dont do that because on a lot of contracts the management fees are itemised separately and that way the hospital or whatever only pays one set of fees. This smothers the competition from smaller companies so they dont tender.

I'm sure that some would think this is not honest as it allows that contractor to basically put in 2 prices for the job.

Deep thoughts all:-D

My thought for some time now is for the NHS and other public bodies to consider whether using certain large companies for their services i.e cleaning, food, maintenance and whether they are taken on in the best interest of good value and service. The overheads of large corporations are high and that reflects in the money paid for the contracts and it's tax payer money. Needs more scrutiny. The Carillion debacle is in the spotlight at the moment but there are other large entities with huge contracts like them. For example, a hospital trust should consider using smaller independent businesses i.e one company for cleaning, another for food, another for maintenance rather than feel they have/need to only use large corporations to undertake hospital services.

Middle America think he's wonderful -working for the people rather than themselves. Be a nice change to find that here in the UK wouldn't it?

I know you're not a closet trumpeter A1:madgrin: but as I think you and Ford are saying Mr T is a wily bird.

and Ford are saying Mr T is a wily bird.

i was thinking maybe a sort of (valid?) conspiracy to get him out, to add to all else that is going on v T

:)

He'll be re elected if he carries on making them happy in middle America. He's not conventional and runs his country like a business, says it how he thinks it is which is totally non political which is why everyone on both the left and right hand sides of the Country are frustrated as hell in dealing with this Maverick.

It's because he's not a politician that they like him - they don't trust politicians - at least Mr T will tweet and say he'd cocked-up, unlike the pro's who'll deny anything. The World and his uncle doesn't know which way to read him - hence the Kim Jong Un situation - Kim he can't understand which way he'll move next and can't chance testing him.

I love it, a complete nonsense of a President, but he'll probably do some good other politicians could never achieve.

Wily Bird? - something like that!!

,.......hence the Kim Jong Un situation - Kim he can't understand which way he'll move next and can't chance testing him. .....but he'll probably do some good other politicians could never achieve.

well, n korea are now 'talking' again with S korea re the games. or is it that a conspiracy?

'they' are though trying their best to get rid, but there he is.

a bit like maggie May.

It's poss Kim JU as he starts to mature, is thinking living in his bubble and worrying about how safe he is not trusting people around him, plus if people become anti the regime if life is hard, it's time to reach out and start to interact with world leaders and start the process of inviting the world in.

my thought is that it's a policy of appeasement by K, for now.

mr T has won there, for now

K loves his 'bubble', that seems for sure.

it will continue.

who'll win in the end? mr T probably. but at the expense of ordinary joe (as usual) if there is to be an actual 'winner'..

K is acting like a petulant teenager and refuses to speal nicely to the grown ups. Mr T behaves like a petulant teenager and gets results when everyone cautioned that he would make things worse. Luck or judgement?

What we dont see is what Russia and China have said and done. Thousands of N Koreans cross the borders for work in China, to collect wood for construction and fuel in Russia and so on. Russia put a stop to this some years back and N Korea started an unreported insurgency and Russia just let them go back to stealing trees to keep the peace. Iran has deals with N Korea and friends in Moscow but trouble at home with Sunnis, Kurds, Armenians etc. They have had an insurgency there for years as well, every vehicle passing through checkpoints into major cities stopped etc to help quell it and now the majority of the populace kicking off becasue their sons are getting killed in foreign wars as part of their national service and they are going broke.

Tehran has a huge middle class that was really unaffected by everything that has gone on since the fall of the Shah back in 1979 and recently austerity and death tolls of soldiers has impacted upon them so they are making a noise about it. This them makes Iran put the brakes on their dealings with N Korea because they need Russian support in their other proxy wars.

Now Turkey has kicked off in Syria Iran and Russia dont want to spend good money supporting a little twerp at the other end of the world.

He'll be re elected if he carries on making them happy in middle America. He's not conventional and runs his country like a business, says it how he thinks it is which is totally non political which is why everyone on both the left and right hand sides of the Country are frustrated as hell in dealing with this Maverick.

It's because he's not a politician that they like him - they don't trust politicians - at least Mr T will tweet and say he'd cocked-up, unlike the pro's who'll deny anything. The World and his uncle doesn't know which way to read him - hence the Kim Jong Un situation - Kim he can't understand which way he'll move next and can't chance testing him.

I love it, a complete nonsense of a President, but he'll probably do some good other politicians could never achieve.

Wily Bird? - something like that!!

And isn’t it so delightfully refreshing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42745853

Inequality stats from Oxfam. One big game of Monopoly !

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I believe there are Russians working along side a western crew on the International space station, so why on earth:wink:are we concerned the Russians are after us on terraferma. It's all very strange.

Another thing, if alien space craft are visiting us why aren't they spotted by satellites in space before they enter our atmosphere. Must be going fast.

Speaking of going fast, my Mrs showed me an article this morning on Newsflash I think it was who said he'd travelled to the year 6000 and he was part of some program from the 90's which set about exploring time travel - says it was amazing. Went with a mate who somehow was left there in the yr 6000 and couldn't get back so this guy came back alone and is now telling the story.

Sounds as nutty as a fruitcake, but then so did Eintstein to many!

Spooooky!! :!:

Speaking of going fast, my Mrs showed me an article this morning on Newsflash I think it was who said he'd travelled to the year 6000 and he was part of some program from the 90's which set about exploring time travel - says it was amazing. Went with a mate who somehow was left there in the yr 6000 and couldn't get back so this guy came back alone and is now telling the story.

Sounds as nutty as a fruitcake, but then so did Eintstein to many!

Spooooky!! :!:

I wonder where he went too?

I had a friend who was a theoretical physicist who helped with the Manhattan project and reckoned he had the means to create a time machine. HE did manage to get time to stand still for him though, he died. I havent seen him since but have no doubts that he is now living in the future but just not in his body

Good as any explanation