Thoughts in your day

Thank you HB, and Heavenly Birthday love to your dad.

SS for your loss :( xx

• Haha 1

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 2 weeks later...
From the TV news on the Budget a summary, the more you earn the better off you'll be. No change there then!

Not for those Limited Company contractors it's not! IR35 is going to knock a huge slice off their take home pay. I think the point about trying to harness the Contractors into a PAYE scheme is okay in principal when you think most people are paying PAYE and have no choice in the matter to pay their tax that way, but apart from Zero hour contracts, these individuals who are working through their own Ltd Co's have absolutely no benefits or security and can be fired from clients without notice or compensation so they do not have the protections but offer a vast amount of flexibility to companies that require outside assistance running their businesses.

Hammond hit the wrong people and whilst I accept there are abusers of the IR35 system, as there are in any area of our democracy, the majority offer a flexible workforce which for the UK is the envy of the world.

I ran a financial recruitment agency and had hundreds of 'temps' out working, some Ltd co, others on our Payroll and in the 80's Europe and the Labour Party and Unions did everything they could to introduce legislation to cripple the temp market here as they did not enjoy that flexible workforce themselves.

There were many rights and wrongs about the rights of workers or the lack of them, but having a flexible workforce that could be deployed at very short notice to tackle big issues in companies was a phenominal asset this Country had.

It's not so attractive now because that legislation dampened the appeal of being 'flexible' and companies have been poorer for it.

My thought for the day on that little subject of the budget!

Have a good one.

Complex subject A1 I could say employers and employees both have their grievances and again no change there then. I think the John Lewis ethos has a lot to teach us.

I will be investing in a dash cam as what i'm experiencing on the roads is frightening. Someone saw me driving down a hill so I had right of way, this person stayed in their position and as soon as I came to pass their exit from a building car park on my right, pulled across the road from my right into my driving path in such a way I had to pull towards a bush on my left and let them go. It was intimidating and bullish.

I think there are people driving who have never passed a UK driving test or any driving test. Banned drivers driving. People driving on medication which they shouldn't be, those taking recreational drugs and those who's drinking habits cause them to be permanently drunk.

It's like Mad Max out there! Grrrrrrrrr

Got an offer from Flavorly in my private eye

Tried it

Beers fine - shame yodel threw the parcel over the gate and claimed they left it in the porch - we have no porch

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Just spent 3 hours over two days fixing a 3d printer

Changed nozzles, replaced heat sensor, releveled the bed a million times

Just to find that it's actually the plastic at fault...

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Made in China = no warranty

Besides already bypassed the chip in the Epson printer

Please note:

The day someone flies one upside down I'll be impressed

Please note:

The day someone flies one upside down I'll be impressed

mMWh4W1C2PM

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

OK I'm happy now

Please note:

• 2 weeks later...

wondering is my £2 coin is worth anything, has 1807 in middle, the 0 has a chain through it and has the words an act for the abolition of the slave trade on ot and on the edge says am I not a man and a brother

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

wondering is my £2 coin is worth anything, has 1807 in middle, the 0 has a chain through it and has the words an act for the abolition of the slave trade on ot and on the edge says am I not a man and a brother

You can check rarity etc of coins here https://www.changechecker.org/2018/09/06/how-rare-is-my-2-and-how-much-is-it-worth/

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks plodderton, had a look but it does not really says much or if it is worth more then £2 lol

seems it may be rare as the writing round the edge is upside down, how do you even sell something like this? I do not use E-Bay

Sandy xx

There were some 8,500,000 of these minted so they are not rare as only scores 1 on the Scarcity Index. So not worth much more than £2 unfortunately. On the other hand some more nefarious folks have sold them at highly inflated prices in the past have a look https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=%C2%A32+coin&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC1.A0.H0.X%C2%A32+coin+slavery.TRS0&_nkw=%C2%A32+coin+slavery&_sacat=0

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was there life on Mars?:-D

Interesting question. My take on this....

When I was about 10 or 12 years old (just a few years back!) I was walking along a High Street with my mum. We weren't rich, but we got by okay, I always had clothes and she fed us relatively well. We lived in a nice house.

Out of the blue, a homeless looking chap with bedraggled hair, filthy clothes and skin lept over the barrier onto the road and peeled off the tarmac a piece of a chocolate bar which a car must have run over which certainly looked to me like there was life on it from the road and popped it into his mouth to eat it.

That memory stays with me.

Was there life on Mars? He didn't care, but maybe this probe into the abyss of space will actually find there is/was/could be elsewhere. And as the Beach Boys sang " wouldn't it be nice?" (So long as we humans don't screw that up too!)