Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Default Re: Thoughts in your day

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee13 View Post
    I'm so pleased your son is OK, Andrew.
    Thanks Honeybee, me too - but just imagine how I feel right now whilst he, in his new car he had to hurridly buy, is today driving 900 miles to Berlin with the family for Christmas - and back in 3 wks time!!

I daren't even think about it!!

Kids!!

I'd hope that this experience has made him a bit more cautious about adverse weather conditions when he's driving. Fingers crossed.

Think I upset someone in sainsburys

They demanded I moved my trolley so they could park in a bay - so I did

They had a moan at me because I mentioned it was an electric car bay

They got mardy because I was taking too long to unload the trolley and they wanted it to save walking to get one

Then at the end of it they turned around to me and told me I should be more polite

Apparently me turning to them and going "right up until this point I had been polite, but seen as you think I'm impolite I might as well be so go away you stupid cow" was enough for them to get back in the car in tears and drive off

I wouldn't have minded but she was as rude as anything and just expected me to take it

And if it helps I do feel a bit bad for snapping back like that

A friend of ours has quite a good retort that might work in circumstances like you had, labrat. She just says 'You should know better than that at your age.' It usually works.

You should ask if Sainsbury's will give you Nectar points for frightening their rude customers off

Oh Andrew, it's a shock when you learn the details after the event. So good to know your son is doing well now.

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2015

thinking of my granddaughter who was only here for one Christmas before she gained her Angel wings . Alisha, 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/2/2006
    Also thinking of my daughter who has just gone through the loss of her baby and we are no prepared to maybe say goodbye to her Dalmatian.

Andrew I hope you son and his family are alright, what a dreadful experience

YouTube and security...

It seems like everything that can be broken has been on there

Having a spring clear out and finally got around to our safe (lost keys and batteries dead) wondered what to do with it as its bolted to the floor and hard to move

5 mins later after watching a video on YouTube managed to open it by banging on the top while twisting the dial...

Now I don't keep anything valuable in there anyway but even if I had I would be reconsidering it

Don't get me wrong I can pick locks, bypass passwords, etc due to bad history with boredom but I never thought of my own safe being that easy

Makes you wonder if youtube should be allowing that sort of video

Now you're giving me evil thoughts labrat, makes me think I might make a visit to an acquaintance who keeps a fair few diamonds in her safe!

Happy new year!

But I agree, far too much on these Youtube video's which help the not so friendly characters out there.

Now, about that locking picking experience you say you have!!

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1 View Post
    Now you're giving me evil thoughts labrat, makes me think I might make a visit to an acquaintance who keeps a fair few diamonds in her safe!
    and with the beefeaters on strike she asn't got that security either ....

Happy New Years to all

Thoughts in my day? - How many free days do we have before we are inundated with Brexit all over again? Hasn't this last week or so been wonderfully silent on all that?

Let's hope the imbeciles left in charge to sort this do so in an educated way....!

Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year filled with good blessings

Default User is banned

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Feb 2009

snowflakes.jpg

lol

Apparently a genuine poster?

Happy birthday to Tintin, 90 today.

Another thought if I may for my friend David. I just found out that he passed away at Christmas.

Previous post about opening safes made me think of a useful way of opening those stuck on lids i.e jam jars etc. knock the lid with something like a spoon or gently with a rolling pin, once or twice should do it, can also hold jar and knock lid on counter top. The lid should then be free to turn open. To date always works for me. It breaks the air seal.

i feel so bad

house up road had its gas van stolen

police asked for my cctv footage, so we went to the computer and checked and the cameras hadnt been on

little voice in the background as my daughter went "they kept getting in the way of my youtube video so i closed them"

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37