Thoughts in your day

There must be a lot of dosh washing around in Camelot to fund the needs of our state schools, parents shouldn't have to pay for the fundamentals, pens, paints, paper etc the education system should provide. Looks like we're going backwards in time in this instance.

just people playing politics. If a head of a school really didnt have the money to buy such things because they had spent it elsewhere not only would they be out of a job but inspector knacker of the yard may be calling.

No, what it is really is that if you take all of the pens and bog roll into school then the head can spend all of the money saved on something else.

The rules for lottery money were set to stop money being gicven out for things that should be funded by other governemntal spending but the quangocracy that decide who gets what break the rules and give money away for things we already own, are private enterprises or to organisations not alowed to bid in the first place and no-one sacks them or forces them to give up their stipend to replace the misappropriated cash.

There must be a lot of dosh washing around in Camelot to fund the needs of our state schools, parents shouldn't have to pay for the fundamentals, pens, paints, paper etc the education system should provide. Looks like we're going backwards in time in this instance.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting reading and a video for when you have time to watch or break down in parts. Precision cutting and moving of stone thousands of years ago which confounds today and would be a technical challenge. Each video is about an hour long, good for a journey. There's natural energy our civilisation needs to tap into.

https://www.ourstrangeplanet.com/may-2012-expedition-to-sipapu-the-place-of-emergence-part-two/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VlM1ar_LlE

I have tried to add youtube vid but It's not embedding on my post or it's invisible:madgrin: I will explain the title so can be found.

Advanced Ancient technology Discoveries that will blow your mind.

Interesting reading and a video for when you have time to watch or break down in parts. Precision cutting and moving of stone thousands of years ago which confounds today and would be a technical challenge. Each video is about an hour long, good for a journey. There's natural energy our civilisation needs to tap into.

https://www.ourstrangeplanet.com/may-2012-expedition-to-sipapu-the-place-of-emergence-part-two/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VlM1ar_LlE

I have tried to add youtube vid but It's not embedding on my post or it's invisible:madgrin: I will explain the title so can be found.

Advanced Ancient technology Discoveries that will blow your mind.

If you play this vid first '200,000 year old Ancient Technology that indicates the history books are wrong' the other vids above follow on after the first one.

Talking about tech what's happened on the site with uploading vids?

Talking about tech what's happened on the site with uploading vids?

do you have an ad/script/privacy type blocker on your browser. disable those, and you'll prob see the tube links posted up (i tried that on the '...listening to now' thread, and most then showed up) :)

Thanks Ford i'll try the link again

your link is there. but it may not show to anyone, including yourself, using an adblocker etc.

view your post without the blockers.

Thinking of my darling granddaughter Alisha Marie, 12 years ago you gained your Angel wings but the pain and hurt will always be with me, will never know why. Love and miss you so much, always xxxx ♥♥

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

simplicity, and words used by the 'big men'.

as shankly said

'...instead of me saying somebody was avaricious, i would say he was bloody greedy...'

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking next issues to address, having problems is Equity Release schemes and the gradual privatisation of the NHS and no will from certain powers that be, not all thank goodness, to challenge money owed by Trusts to lending schemes which imo weren't in the best interest of the people.

Shame the will from some is to keep taking.

Local election results, maybe a hung parliament again if general election?

Question Time last night St Albans. Made me think of large chunk of land boarded round by a developer I pass regularly in St Albs seems like nothing happening on land for years.

a famous example of developers land banking is the ex Mercedes showroom in Caterham. The owners put forward a plan for more retirement flats claiming there was a crying need for them (in the town that has more retirement flats than anywhere else in the country) and when refused they allowed the building to become dangerously delapidated and refused to obey an order from the council to make it safe. ad tandrige is a small council they dont have the funds to compulsorily purchse so the place make the who town look run down.

Also i nealry purchases a wood on Riddlesdown common as it was offered cheaply but all of the surrounding fields are owned by one of the large building co's and they refuse access other than by one route. It is green belt but they are hoping they will get permission eventually and then of course they will claim the woodland is an amenity that can be shared by the new residents etc as a planning argument. I didnt buy the woodland, I bought a car instead (more pressing ) but is goes to show how cheap land an be in the UK if you cant build on it or get an EU subsidy for not farming it when you want to build on it.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

I was sat wondering the other day and I started to wonder if churches were actually necessary, after all not only can we talk to god anywhere but there is also the option now of getting sermons online. It would probably surprise many people that in the end, I came to the decision that churches are not necessary, it wouldn't matter if they were all turned into houses or demolished as people around them would continue life as if they had never been there, they would still be able to register their births and deaths, hold funerals in the vast council grounds and if they needed to talk to god then they would do it in the privacy of their own homes without ever considering leaving it.

But before anyone has a go at me for that opinion I must point out that although churches are not, in fact, necessary they fill more than just the role of somewhere to talk to god and for that reason although they are not necessary they are needed, and there is a huge difference between the two. Churches are not just for talking to god, they are the heart of many communities, they are a place to sit and reflect, to remember places and people gone by, a place to gather your thoughts and seek support from those around you in a moment of need, those who might feel lost in the modern world can always rely on the solidarity of the church to draw them in and not only keep them safe but to also support them until they find their own place once more. Its true that many of them are currently lost, neglected or closed due to the lack of attendance but this will always be the case in times of plenty, its always at these periods that people consider the churches as unnecessary and to be ignored, its only when society needs them that they come to their true worth and as always will be there when they are needed.

It's for the same reason that God is often referred to as a shepherd rather than a herdsman. To most of today's society where food simply appears in the supermarket and farming is a long and distant concept its easy to believe that the words are one and the same. In fact, there is a wide world of difference, A herdsman drives its animals onwards continually, pausing occasionally to deal with their needs while mainly concentrating on getting to some distant goal. A shepherd, however, considers nothing more than the well being of his flock, for the main, he will leave them alone to learn and play on their own, there may well be a goal for the flock in mind but he is simply content to let them discover it for themselves. The only time the shepherd will really interact with the flock is if they are injured or lost, when this happens he is not only there for them but will seek them out and support them through whatever disaster has happened, its always good to know that the shepherds watching

Sorry for the large block I have formatted it on my phone twice now. Gave in and just separated paragraphs

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Just watching BBC1 report on our eating habits and the food industry. If you were genuine on your thoughts as an MP you would have the conversation when confronted, I would. It's not encouraging for an MP to be aloof and detached as that's how it came across.

• 2 weeks later...

So the powers that be are addressing the problems within the the tech platforms to make the internet safer, and eyes on the gambling industry so people are more protected but I would also like to see focus on the money lending industry and not allowing bad products onto the market. I keep seeing adverts for where quick cash is advertised and all I see is the extreme interest rate in small writing at bottom of tv advert. As we know with the forums on CAG, there are other lenders which peddle bad products where people can lose their homes. About time to stop the head in sand attitude and do something about it.