SAR template for mortage details, please?

JibTeenuc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can offer a little help and advice.

I wish to serve a SAR on the bank that previously held my mortgages (I had two linked to the same property, due to undergoing a - relatively amicable - divorce and being obliged to buy my spouse's interest in the house - who had no desire for the property...just the cash). :violin:

I've lost all of the documentation, pertaining to said mortgages. :oops:

I would like copies of the original offer and subsequent agreement along with all terms and conditions (including those if/as and when they may have been amended). Additionally, I want the bank to provide a full list of mortgage repayments made by me and received by them along with details/notes of any and all communications between our parties, howsoever conducted (written, telephone, carrier-pigeon etc.,) as well as any manual notes and/or interventions which may have occurred with regard to my account, throughout the term of the mortgage.

Does such a SAR template already exist or is there any member of the forum who may help me to properly draft a suitable Subject Access Request?

I'd be extremely grateful for any help/advice/referrals.

Many thanks.

Jib T :-)

Just send them a standard SAR...template is in the CAG library.

You can amend the template to request the specific items you want if you wish to highlight them.

Thanks for that (so quickly, too :-)).

My question was probably not very well drafted in that not much written correspondence actually passed between us,

I seem to recall (no reason to, I guess, as the agreement was in place and the terms of repayment being adhered to by yours truly)

but, in the few months immediately prior to my paying off the mortgages it appears that I may have been provided with misinformation.

This would probably have been in the form of telephone conversations held between us (some of my and some of their initiation).

do I need to ask for and itemise everything I want or can I someway ask for everything, by way of communication,

which was exchanged between us (INCLUDING the kitchen sink, where such was the case)

as I don't want to afford them an opportunity to not provide something of import, purely because it was not specifically requested.

Thanks again for your advice, which is sincerely appreciated.

Jib T

Ok so you can still take the standard template and amend it.

You can bullet point all of the information you specifically want within the SAR for example

• Communications logs including transcripts of all telephone calls
  • Coipies of all statements of account
  • Copies of all and any agreements

You can then end the SAR with a paragraph along the lines of "For the avoidance of doubt, this is not an exhaustive list and I require ALL data you hold on me".

if the phone conversations wre not directly related to arrears

then they might not have them

there should certainly be notes in the comms log though

or whatever they call it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if the phone conversations wre not directly related to arrears

then they might not have them

there should certainly be notes in the comms log though

or whatever they call it.

dx

Thanks for the info.

Calls were not related to arrears, more to seeking advice on a way forward in order to avoid possible future arrears.

Hopefully they will show up on the general call logs.

Thanks, again.

Jib T.

Edited by JibTeenuc
Spelling

• 4 years later...

Hello,

Any advice gratefully received.

I have never used an image host (can't even think of the name of a provider), but now I could use one.

Please can anyone recommend a (free & easy) service, if such a beast exists?

Oh yeah...... I'd like it to be able to handle both jpg AND pdf formatted data, if possible.

Why to post stuff here?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

google drive, photobucket

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Photobucket can be hacked!

and they

Photobucket can be hacked!

The reason I ask is that I was hoping someone could take a look at the wording of my proposed SAR - especially as I have already made more than one error whilst trying to seek PPI redress, on behalf of a friend, purely through my own ignorance.

I just don't want my weapon to go off until it is fully locked and loaded......... (again)!!

On the SAR advice page, it is stated:

"PLEASE NOTE - template letters from our librarylink3.gif should not be reproduced on the open forums. If you would like to let people know the wording of your letters simply link to the Letter in question."

As a result, I concluded that this means "link" to a copy of the document hosted on-line, somewhere.

If, as I am now beginning to suspect, I have misinterpreted what is stated, I would be really grateful if someone would be kind enough to advise me.

I certainly do not wish to inadvertently compromise either CAG's security or my own, through inviting the attentions of a hacker.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to assist me.

Jib :-)

We dont need to see our own templates

We know what they say

Read upload

and they

no you cant

we do not want things done outside of the open forum

cant see why you have an issue mind..

10'000's have posted their PPI stuff here

we don't need to see our own template anyway...

and they

Thank you.

I don't "have an issue" (that I am aware of, leastways).

As stated earlier, I simply thought someone could check MY particular SAR drafted upon the very helpful guide provided but customised for purpose (as we are recommended to do, within the SAR sub-section of the Forum.

It is of no matter, however, as you have clearly made it aware you have no interest in affording your greater experience in these matters, in checking the document, as I had hoped might have been the case. Accordingly, the SAR has been sent, already.

Nonetheless, I am very grateful for the help and advice you have thus far extended. It has proven to be both extremely valuable and initially welcoming, which is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks again for the great advice you have kindly shared with me on both my and my friend's behalf and I hope you may be inclined to continue to do so, if and when I am unsure of what to do for the best.

As I have said, at an earlier stage and elsewhere, "I am learning".

Hopefully this will result in me being less of a nuisance to you and the Forum in general, in the future.

Best regards.

Jib:-)

the wording of the SAR doesnt need to be so precise now the new rules have come in for the GDPR. Many organisations have made it easier for people to contact them by providing their own templates on their web sites.

Thank you, that's comforting to learn.:-D

Anyway, the SAR has gone off now.

Simply a matter of how to interpret what (if anything) they send us, as a result.

But at least the first step has been taken. :-)