cash4phones - are they for real?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am taking these people to court.

Recently I had an old Blackberry mobile to sell. A search online brought up Cash4phones as offering the best price of £51.00, so off it went to them. Few days later I received an email saying they had received but due to excessive wear and tear the offer was reduced to £17.00. This I knew was untrue as the phone was in pristine condition. When I tried to reject this offer they demanded £8.95 to return it.

On their website there are sections entitled "how it works" and "FAQ's". No where in these sections is the £8.95 return fee mentioned. No where on their initial email offering the £51.00 was this fee mentioned. Yes, it is in their T&Cs and yes I did check a box saying I agreed, but I still find this underhand.

I telephoned the company to tell them I was not happy and they said they will take another look and will call me back between 6.00pm and 7.00pm that evening. They did not call. Phoned them next day and they then claimed they had found further damage, the screen cover had been broken and glued. They emailed me pictures and I was horrified by what I saw. There was a huge scratch on the screen and the Perspex cover over the screen had been crudely glued.

Further calls were made, I told them I was rejecting their offer, I also emailed rejecting their offer. They tell me that the only way I can reject it is to do so via the page on their website. This would also mean accepting the £8.95 return fee. They say if I do not reject it in this way within 5 days they will deem it as that I have accepted the £17.00 which will be paid to my account and that will be an end to the matter.

I am very angry. Last night I completed the MCOL online form, I am taking this to court. If I have to drive down to North London to attend the hearing it will involve costs and a day off work. I don't care, this is not about the money anymore.

If you Google "cash4phones" you will come across many similar stories to mine. They are doing this everywhere. They need to be stopped.

So, what do you all think? Do I have a leg to stand on?

Hi

I have had the same problem I sent off my iPhone 4 in a bubble wrap envelope as I didn't trust the flimsy envelope they sent me I waited 5 days and heard nothing so yesterday I emailed them requesting an update then at 10pm last night we got an email and first of all it came up headed Fraud [problem] with this company - further down the email said due to cosmetic damage they would only offer me £109 not £137 I had 5 days to accept or reject if I reject it would cost me £8.95 my husband then read all these nightmare stories. So at 9.03am after waiting 12 minutes and ready for an argument the bloke answered the phone I told him I am rejecting their offer I am not paying £8.95 and I am coming in person to collect my phone back he said okay. I got to their offices in Bounds Green and found their offices and after 5 minutes wait I am now back in possession of my phone - if anyone lives in London area go and collect in person - hope all ends well like mine. - Elaine Jones

I have a situation, they said they have paid me but I still havent received any cheque, been on the phone to them whilst writing on here for over and hour and they cut me off!! I have sent them emails and emails and I have had nothing come back. On the tracking screen it says paid £300.40 but I still havent recieved anything. Am worried ive been conned :@ :(

I have had the same problem I sent off my iPhone 4 in a bubble wrap envelope as I didn't trust the flimsy envelope they sent me I waited 5 days and heard nothing so yesterday I emailed them requesting an update then at 10pm last night we got an email and first of all it came up headed Fraud **** with this company - further down the email said due to cosmetic damage they would only offer me £109 not £137 I had 5 days to accept or reject if I reject it would cost me £8.95 my husband then read all these nightmare stories. So at 9.03am after waiting 12 minutes and ready for an argument the bloke answered the phone I told him I am rejecting their offer I am not paying £8.95 and I am coming in person to collect my phone back he said okay. I got to their offices in Bounds Green and found their offices and after 5 minutes wait I am now back in possession of my phone - if anyone lives in London area go and collect in person - hope all ends well like mine. - Elaine Jones

I have had the same problem I sent off my iPhone 4 in a bubble wrap envelope as I didn't trust the flimsy envelope they sent me I waited 5 days and heard nothing so yesterday I emailed them requesting an update then at 10pm last night we got an email and first of all it came up headed Fraud [problem] with this company - further down the email said due to cosmetic damage they would only offer me £109 not £137 I had 5 days to accept or reject if I reject it would cost me £8.95 my husband then read all these nightmare stories. So at 9.03am after waiting 12 minutes and ready for an argument the bloke answered the phone I told him I am rejecting their offer I am not paying £8.95 and I am coming in person to collect my phone back he said okay. I got to their offices in Bounds Green and found their offices and after 5 minutes wait I am now back in possession of my phone - if anyone lives in London area go and collect in person - hope all ends well like mine. - Elaine Jones

• 2 months later...

own thread created

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...