Seetec

mummybird42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was awarded ESA and placed in the Work Related Activity Group earlier this year and sent to Seetec. I was pleased about this at first as I am disabled and want to work from home. The nice lady (some of them are) at the job centre told me that Seetec would help me specifically with self employment.

What I wanted wasn't taken into account and I was told I would have to job search and go on group activities for things I didn't want to do. No matter how many times I told my advisor I wanted to be self employed and my reasons for it, I might as well have talked to myself, only difference being I would have taken notice of me!!:sad:

On my first interview I was told that I wasn't the race I said, the advisor told me I was something different. Then I was told that even though I have registered hearing, sight and mobility problems and have t o use adapted computers, no adaptations would be made for me. I was shouted at and humiliated to the point of wanting to cry in public.

I phoned the EHRC and they told me to complain, I did and things got worse. On three occasions Seetec reported me for a violation of the WRAG, on three occasions they were false reports because I had proof of why I had not gone to the appointments and proof I had told Seetec. The stress it caused me when I got the possible sanction letter was dreadful, they always seemed to arrive on a Saturday when I couldn't do anything but worry.

They ruined my chances at getting off benefits and becoming self employed for now so I have issued Court proceedings against them.

It has been given to their solicitors who I will have to get my defense ready to give to them. The reason for my posting is that I need your help all if you would?? If anyone has any horror stories they would be willing to share with me, please would you get in touch?

I think it is beyond awful that this organisation are treating people the way they do and getting away with it. Not saying I will win at Court but I have everything crossed and it would help if I could give more examples of similar stories.

Anyway, I will keep you all posted as to what happens, it is about time Seetec were stopped.:sad:

Edited by Conniff

Hello munmmybird42

I cant really advise you,but im surer some of fellow CAG members will be along to advise you soon.

Meantime have a read of the below pdf file about the work programme ...

It's about people who receive JSA and ESA WRAG .

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130705033944/http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-programme-faqs.pdf

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Then I was told that even though I have registered hearing, sight and mobility problems and have t o use adapted computers, no adaptations would be made for me. I was shouted at and humiliated to the point of wanting to cry in public.

This is illegal.

What's illegal? My post or what they did?

What they did! I only have limited knowledge on disability law but your example fills me with great anger and I am sure when the legal advisors are on the forum they will give far better explanations on how these (i cannot use the word I want to) have acted.

:mummybird42:

Fraid I can't help with personal experience either, but while you wait for someone who can:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/work_programme_complaints_proced

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/wp-pg-chapter-2.pdf

Page 2; '...... but you may not mandate these participants (ESA) to apply for jobs, ......'

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/wp-pg-chapter-16.pdf

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@benefits/documents/digitalasset/dg_202270.pdf

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/recording_meeting_with_jobcentre

Keep up with the paperchase and try to record all calls/conversations with Seetec. They should have the same standards of service as the Jobcentre. Oh, and Seetec can't expect you to do anything that is contraindicated by your ESA85/85A report from Atos.

Happy :ranger:, Margaret.

On my first interview I was told that I wasn't the race I said, the advisor told me I was something different.

????

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

mummybird42, would you mind posting up or summarising your Particulars of Claim? What is the legal basis for your claim and how did you issue it, and what are you claiming for?

Its important that any claim is structured so that it will be allocated to small claims track. I don't want to cause you stress but it is very important to get this right because if it is not allocated to SCT and you lose then you will be liable for Seetec's legal costs. If you have fallen into any traps with this we need to rectify them at an early stage.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS