Making F&F offer to NatWest Credit Cards

florish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe NatWest CC just over £7k.

I've been making token payments of £5 per month since 2006. They've recently agreed for me to pay the £5pm for yet another year before being reviewed again.

I'm thinking of making them a F&F offer just to get rid of this huge debt.

Has anyone had any success in doing this with NatWest?

If so, what is the lowest % do you think they will accept?

I could raise around £1k but perhaps that won't be enough!

I've never ever CCA'd them.

The card was taken out mid 1990s

The default dropped off my credit a report in 2012

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet they're rubbing their hands with glee, your being royally mugged off here!

Have they stopped all interest and charges? If not, then you shouldn't be paying them any more than £1 a month, if at all.

First things first would be to send them a CCA request http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i'd get an sar and study the statements first.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

£7340 is o/s which will take me over 120 years to repay at £5 per month. This made me think that if they would accept around £1k as F&F it would just get rid of it forever

As dx suggests I could also sar them.

Also, I don't own a house or any other assets

dx: I have the statements.

Since defaulted in 2006, NatWest still send normal monthly statements to me each and every month.

Statements just request minimum payments of £5.

Definitely no interest since 2006 and no charges or ppi.

Agreed there was sloppy paper work with NW CCs in the early 2000s.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

OK then, a CCA request would be my first option, enclose £1 postal order and they have 12+2 days to respond with the agreement, or copy.

Actually it's 12 working days from their receipt of your request.

Wrong actually 12+2 working days the +2 is for postage. Not from date of receipt.

A SAR 40 calendar days from the date received.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The sleeper cells stirs! Never could get my head around why those who have been on CAG for years, don't say anything for ages, but suddenly come alive to add nothing except contradictory advice?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Wrong actually 12+2 working days the +2 is for postage. Not from date of receipt.

A SAR 40 calendar days from the date received.

The sleeper cells stirs! Never could get my head around why those who have been on CAG for years, don't say anything for ages, but suddenly come alive to add nothing except contradictory advice?

Far be it for me to argue with those with so much more experience than me, however from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/77 (my emphasis added):

77 Duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement.

(1)The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

And from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1983/1569/contents/made, the prescribed period is defined as 12 working days.

So as the Brigadier says, it's 12 working days, plus 2 for postage (as long as you used 1st class). Alternatively you could use recorded delivery and know when the creditor received it.

The point I was making is that it's 12 working days for a CCA request, whereas it's 40 calendar days for a DPA request, a distinction that seems to get lost most of the time.

The stamen that was made 12 +2 workings days from the date received which is incorrect!

The date the request is received is irrelevant, 12 + 2 working days from the date posted, postal delays etc., are irrelevant.

If this cannot be complied with the recipient must immediately inform the applicant that it cannot comply.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

From the link, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1.../contents/made

Prescribed period

2. The period of 12 working days is hereby prescribed for the purposes of each provision of the Act specified in Column 1 of the Schedule to these Regulations relating to the duty indicated in Column 2 in relation to regulated agreements.

So it's still 12+2 (to allow for postage/ it's good enough for the courts) and when the dca says they need more time because they think they've got 40 days you send the account in dispute after the 12+2.

Illegitimi non carborundum

This 40 day nonsense being quoted by some DCAs is another part of their delusions that they make the rules, fail to comply in 12+2 dispute letter immediately and reject the 40 day theory.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello Florish

No, not pursued though, just paying nominal monthly sum. No letters, just monthly statements received. No change to payments or financial circumstances either.

Perhaps a start would be Natwest, Cards Customer Services, PO Box 5747, Southend-on-Sea SS1 9AJ. Send second class signed for via Royal Mail.

Regards

t

there is an address stickie on the home page of every named bank forum

containing the details you need.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx and tedney, appreciated.

NatWest did the annual review with me in September and said that I only need to pay £1 per month.

After the review I asked how much for them to accept as F&F.

She said they'd be looking for 'around' £6k.

That made me decide that now is the time to make that CCA request.

This credit card account was opened in 1997, and was defaulted in 2006 and I've been paying token amounts since then.

Like tedney I receive normal statements every month but without any interest being deducted.

I've never had any charges and never had any ppi.

Wonder what the chances are of NatWest producing a CCA from 1997?

Stranger things have happened, I would always request a CCA for any account prior to 2007, you never know!

When you receive the statements and you say that they are NOT deducting any interest, are they actually 'adding' any interest or has that stopped?

• 4 weeks later...
Could someone please let me know the address where I write to NatWest with my CCA request?

Thanks in advance

Hi florish,

Either try sending to the following address's :-

RBS Group

Business House B

Ground Floor

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh EH12 1HQ

Natwest

Cards Customer Services

Customer Contact Centre

PO Box 5747

Southend-on-Sea

SS1 9AJ

And don't forget to enclose £1 fee.

Cheers & g/l

Stranger things have happened, I would always request a CCA for any account prior to 2007, you never know!

When you receive the statements and you say that they are NOT deducting any interest, are they actually 'adding' any interest or has that stopped?

Since this credit card account was defaulted in 2006, I've always received the normal statements from NatWest but never had any interest added to the account since it was defaulted.

I'm now paying £1 per month, as agreed with NatWest.

I posted CCA request on the 21st October - nothing back so far, which I suppose isn't unusual.