parking ticket in a visitor bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parking ticket in a visitor bay of an estate as i went to visit a friend who has just moved in. I could not see any thing about a permit when i parked and even check after i saw the ticked. Am so not sure what to do and this is a private estate.:-x

if it doesn't say exactly

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

and those three exact words

it can be ignored as a private parking speculative invoice

who's the company?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then the ignore route or its pop up advise

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep, it's an unenforceable invoice which you can ignore or, if it makes you feel better, hover your mouse over the word ignore and follow that advice to send the 'prove contract, breakdown costs, deny any liability' letter

Either option you will still receive their letter chain which starts with an increase in invoice cost and ends up with threats from a pet debt collector, all hot air as the invoices are unenforceable

The only time you need to do anything is if you are one of the very few who receive offical stamped court papers and then you can just enter the defence from the stickies at the top of the forum which will bat them off

Thanks for your advise... in addition to this i have asked them to send me a photo proof that i was not allowed to park there or meant to display any form of notice for a visitors parking

• 1 month later...

hey peeps... based on my earlier post a few months ago, i got a car clamp on my car for that parking fine. i have not paid. Just left the car there with the clamp on... what can you advice i do now.. do i need to call and pay or there is a way to deal with it... HEEELLLPPP am speachless

its not a parking fine

its illegal to clamp vehicles on private land / for private parking speculative invoices

dx

and they

hey peeps... based on my earlier post a few months ago, i got a car clamp on my car for that parking fine. i have not paid. Just left the car there with the clamp on... what can you advice i do now.. do i need to call and pay or there is a way to deal with it... HEEELLLPPP am speachless

mate of mine had a clamp once on private land so went back later that night ground off the lock then took it in to the nearest police station saying he had just found it attached to his car and does not know who it belongs too.

to this date never heard anything more. jobs a good un.

You didn't get a parking fine....

Where is your car now?

Who fitted the clamp, have you any paperwork? I really doubt that this is for an unpaid parking charge. If it is then its a criminal offence to clamp.

Got a work man friend to cut me loose.... Awaiting for what they going to do next....

Skrarch, If you were clamped for a parking FINE- one from local council and enforced via a court judgement then you have a bailiff's clamp and you had better find out who the company is pronto or they will tow and sell your car. Cutting their clamp off will cause more trouble. If it isnt a bailiffs clamp then you need to know who clamped your vehicle so you can offer to let them off the complaint of illegal clamping, harassment and all sorts of other things in exchange for effing off and never ever returning

I have paid my road tax for a year so, why will it be DVLA... there was no label or any thing to say which company had clamped me. but i had to park at the same place today and i could not find the left over clamp or any trace of it. I guess i will wait and see what happens. I am so ready for them for any legal action as i dont owe any money as far as am aware. thanks guys

Have you received a parking fine from a local council and not paid it? Have you received a demand for payment for parking on private land in the past and ignored it?

You can contact the DVLA and ask them who has requested your details and why. There are 2 ways of doing this and they charge for one of them so look up the free method elsewhere on the forum