• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wescot help chasing old Mint [RBS] Credit Card Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short:

I got into debt 5yrs ago and have slowly been sorting through things and made arrangements with creditors etc.

I recently received a letter from Wescot chasing me for payment on an old Mint CC (I probably received these before and ignored them).

They are saying if I don't do something to pay the 7.5k debt in the next 10 days, they will take things further.

A few things to note:

1. In 18 months time I will have all my defaults removed so do not want a CCJ on my file now

2. The above debt is on my credit file and due to be removed in May 2014 when the account defaulted

3. The last payment made on the account was in September 2007

4. There is an AP on my file for it in March 2008

5. I may have written a CCA request years ago but cannot remember if I did and if I got a reply (my head was pretty messed up a few years ago)

Should I write for a CCA again?

Is it now statute barred because I haven't paid for 6 years or does the AP in March 2008 affect it being SB?

It defaulted in May 2008 so an AP clearly didn't happen!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as its defaulted it will vanish regardless of AP marker

if your last payment was sept 07 then its SB'd

send the SB letter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Let's be clear please exactly when was the last payment, also entering into an AP is an acknowledgment of the debt the statute barred clock restarted at that point, an AP is an unequivocal acknowledgement of the debt if the AP was set up and agreed in writing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes, I thought that was the case but would they not also have to provide proof that an AP was agreed?

I would expect them to have it on file if not annotations that an AP was agreed and how it was setup.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

So, armed with all this information. Shall I go for a CCA? Incidentally, even if I ever have requested the information, I wouldn't have signed. I took heed from this site years ago and even used postal orders instead of cheques.

Does anyone know if Wescott are brutal in terms of collection or are they scaremongers? Are they also attached to RBS because it's RBS showing on my credit file, not Wescott.

I really don't think there is any need for not signing letters, simply would you respond to an unsigned letter asking for information on a financial matter, never seen proof of signature lifting!

Bear in mind a 'reconstituted agreement' could be produced which does not need signatures.

I really don't think there is any need for not signing letters, simply would you respond to an unsigned letter asking for information on a financial matter, never seen proof of signature lifting!

Bear in mind a 'reconstituted agreement' could be produced which does not need signatures.

Am I misreading something here? I thought it was advisable to not provide a copy of your signature for fear of them using that to produce relevant documentation. Your message reads that I'm being silly for even suggesting such a thing?

This 'theory' has been proposed for many years and it's my opinion that it not necessary to with hold a signature.

After many years dealing with these matters I have never seen proof of signature lifting, a few allegations don't make it fact.

After many years dealing with these matters I have never seen proof of signature lifting,

What would you consider proof? After all, it would just come down to one person saying someone signed and the other saying they didn't.

a few allegations don't make it fact.

No but they should make any sensible person think twice before doing it.

Would you advise a young girl to go out with an alleged rapist just because it hadn't been proved he was one?

I for one would hate to be the victim of signature lifting just because you have never seen proof of it happening.

You read on here time and time again about the things DCAs are willing to do to get money out of people, whether that person owes it or not, then you think they draw the line at lifting a signature!

A couple of points to be mentioned

The last payment was Sept 2007, was this a due payment under the agreement.

If that is the case the cause of action will be the due date for the Oct payment and thus 6 years from that date.

I would get a CCA request off straight away,

I wouldn't sign it because I know that RBS will want a signature,

this should slow things down until at least the end of OCT as they are very slow at responding.

To be honest even if you do sign it it is unlikely that they would comply by the end of Oct.

With regard to them wanting a signature,

if Mint have been corresponding with you at your current address they can not then turn around and say we need a signature for data protection can they.

Westcot were all bluff but they got in the habit with me of replying very quickly

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Thanks fletch, I appreciate the reply. Do you also think that it wouldn't be SB until March 2014 because of the AP on my credit file or should I take the risk and assume SB after the end of Oct.

The payment was due in Sept 07 so it will start from Oct. Thanks for pointing that out. Perhaps that's why they've suddenly come to life?

can we stop faffin' around please guys

send the SB letter as in post 2.

its for wetcloths to PROVE its not SB'ed

not for the OP to prove its IS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What would you consider proof? After all, it would just come down to one person saying someone signed and the other saying they didn't.

No but they should make any sensible person think twice before doing it.

Would you advise a young girl to go out with an alleged rapist just because it hadn't been proved he was one?

I for one would hate to be the victim of signature lifting just because you have never seen proof of it happening.

You read on here time and time again about the things DCAs are willing to do to get money out of people, whether that person owes it or not, then you think they draw the line at lifting a signature!

I must say this is a very naïve post and is best ignored.

can we stop faffin' around please guys

send the SB letter as in post 2.

its for wetcloths to PROVE its not SB'ed

not for the OP to prove its IS.

dx

Have just found evidence that I made a reduced payment in April 2008 but that was the last time. On this basis, am I clutching at straws by sending the SB letter? wouldn't the CCA be better at this stage and hope they can't be bothered with the hassle of even getting the info in time?

I'm afraid that any payment made in the 6 year period restarted the clock.

I would be pretty sure that any such payment will be documented and will crop up if the SB letter is sent now.

I think you are playing a very dangerous game sending a SB letter when it's not, even if its only a couple of weeks.

As you have made a reduced payment in Apr 2008 you need to get that CCA request off ASAP, it will put a hold on the account at least for a while

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I sent off the CCA request to Wescott and received a letter back from them today (along with my postal order)

telling me to write to their client requesting the same and make the cheque/postal order payable to them.

I had assumed that Wescott had bought the debt but this sounds like they are acting on behalf of RBS doesn't it?

Should I write to them and start the process again or is it up to Wescott to produce the information asked for?

I've never seen this situation before.

Thanks in advance

You could argue that they should deal with it but I think in this case send it to RBS.

They will write back wanting a signature but by the time they do your SB date may well be up.

I sent mine 9th March 2012 and got the letter asking for the signature 2nd April.

You could argue that they should deal with it but I think in this case send it to RBS. They will write back wanting a signature but by the time they do your SB date may well be up. I sent mine 9th March 2012 and got the letter asking for the signature 2nd April.

Why would they write to you and ask for a signature?