• Tweets

• You could also ask about Jeremy Hunt and the multiple flats purchase he didn't declare properly. Or Lord Ashcroft about how much tax he saved while he was a non-dom. According to Private Eye, in Ashcroft's book he says Rayner avoided paying £3,500 to HMRC. Meanwhile he's estimated to have saved £112m by being a non-dom between 2000 and 2010.
    • Can you still log into your account and see if it will accept a defence ?
    • I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

TV licensing - reading of rights by tv license man

SWLABR9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they interview under caution they can. Otherwise walk away and laugh. Youll still get a court order but you can laugh at the wannabe police.

The mistake made there was they spoke to the muppet. Until you open the door and speak to them, they have no more rights than your postman does.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Why would the police come round? They have no power at all with the tv licence idiots. The only reason they would be there would be to prevent a breach of the peace, which means the tv licencing guys lied in order to force the householder to speak to them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I only have it on my phone right now, and due to work, my data tariff is almost used. Ill check it later. Using a VPN to my home connection right now. Thats how desperate i am to save data :p

The police accompanied Doyle [ TVL goon outlined by the OP] to the premises but the policeman's opening statement is " we are here with colleagues from the TVL " . They are supposed to be impartial . IMO the police are being used by TVL to make it seem as if it is a joint venture. The warrant is issued to TVL not the police so the police can not force entry, TVL have a policy of not breaking into premises on a warrant.

Doyle is also on the infamous Michael Shakey video [ fiddling about], where Mr Shakey filmed the search & Doyle admitted there was no live signals or capbality of recieving live TV. Because Mr Shakey embarrassed the TVL, he was later taken to court on falsified evidence & Mr shakey won in court. Never let them into your property, they lie , lie & lie.

Here is a link to TVL inspectors legal rights in regards to cautions

http://www.televisionlicence.info/tvl/inspectors

Edited by snowy101

but the policeman's opening statement is " we are here with colleagues from the TVL "

A complaint needs to be made against that officer.

The TVL people can ask a police officer to accompany them if they believe that there will be a breach of the peace. Anyone can ask this of plod, they dont have to say yes but if you go into a police station and tell them, for example, your estranged spouse wont let you into the house to collect your belongings (and there is no court order) and you tell them that there is likely to be a breach of the peace they will often find an officer to accompany you.

Might have to come back later but if you are the council, OFSTED or the water board they will go round at the drop of a hat.

These "officials" often exaggerate the threat to them just to get a foot in the door.

happened to a friend of mine who doesn't have a telly and he let the copper in, refused to let TVL man in, had tea with copper and left TVL an on the doorstep as he didn't have a telly and TVL knew it but just didn't want to believe that people could live without one and were being plain stupid at best and vindictive at worst.

• 2 months later...

I was 3 hours out hospital and still heavily sedated on Morphine when they arrived. As I was going to be laid up for a few months my sister bought a cheap TV and they put it in my flat before I was discharged. On arriving home there was a banging on my door, I got out of bed and hobbled to the door with my leg in plaster.

Rent a mob tally man virtually forced his way in and made me sit on a chair in my kitchen. He read me my rights then asked me to sign a piece of paper that I was suppose to read. I told him I couldn't as my head was buzzing and he got more and more angry. I tried to explain the TV wasn't put in by me and was done whilst I was in hospital. The guy was rude, obnoxious and aggressive as it went on. Thankfully my partner and brother in law arrived back from the pharmacy run to help. My Girlfriend went nuts at him and my brother in law physically pulled him out of the flat.

These people have no scruples and don't appear to give a darn what rights of yours they walk over. A call to the police and TV licence people confirmed I should not have been cautioned in the state I was in. I was forced to purchase a licence back dated to the start of the month and pay 6 months in advance as I wanted to pay weekly.

If you are late on a payment they harass you constantly by phone. One say I clocked up 7 calls to my home even though I had paid it. On friday last week I got a call from a Northern lady with a bunch of crackling idiots in the background at 9:30PM!!! I don't even owe them anything it is their system that is meant to take 48 hours to update actually takes more than 7 days.

I am waiting for a call back to request their complaints procedure. And if you are reading 'I DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING', I paid it on Tuesday when it was due it is your stupid system that is slow!!

Skookum

Did you sign anything? , a form called the " 178" admitting liability? . Did the TVL inspector test your TV , was it plugged in & receiving live broadcasts?.

He [ TVL inspector] either forced his way in or he was invited in, you can not " virtually " force your way in. I fully understand you were not 100 % & not in a position to conduct yourself in a clear & concise way , this should be the starting point of a serious complaint. Make a full complaint with the back up of your witnesses , i doubt it will have as much gravitas as you state that when he entered the property it was only you & him, so his word against yours, but it is worth the complaint as it will put a marker on his behaviour. Unfortunately they are not pleasant people [ TVL inspectors] & not to be trusted. Don`t talk to TVL on the phone, ignore them. Find a method of payment that suits you & keeps you up to date & in control . I would cancel the direct debit ASAP & look at a payment card if that is a better method for you.

Here is a PDF of the TVL / Capita visiting procedures. It is worth reading through & making notes on all of his failures to comply with the document. List them in your complaint , i am sure that if you told him of your medical condition then he was obligated to end the visit .

http://www.televisionlicence.info/downloads/documents/2008_08_01_visiting_procedures.pdf

Good luck with your recovery.

Edited by snowy101

Thanks for that I have been trying to get the complaints procedure out of them for ages. It is like getting blood out of a stone. I was told by letter the inspector was reprimanded and moved to other duties until he could under go further training.

It is sorted and I pay over the internet by payment card, still get harassed as their payment update system is flawed and takes about 7 days to update, not the 48 hours they claim.

If you cancel the DD and want to pay the balance off for the annual TV licence upfront, you cannot do so. You need to wait for 2 months until you have used up the credit. How daft is that?

About as daft as the Tv licence itself.