Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder madmels Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2006

Default Hi I'm new to this site

My charges come to approx 3500.
    Have sent small claimsicon summons to Local Court again Royal Bank of Scotland. Got letter yesterday from RBSicon offering me 1600 if I sign within 5 working days.
    Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: Hi I'm new to this site

Quote Originally Posted by madmels
    My charges come to approx 3500.
    Have sent small claimsicon summons to Local Court again Royal Bank of Scotland. Got letter yesterday from RBSicon offering me 1600 if I sign within 5 working days.
    Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi have you followed the process set down by this site? You can accept the cash as a part settlement, inform them that you will continue to seek the balance.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Didn't realise I could do this. Still trying to find my way round this site.

Thanks for your advice.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad's Avatar

Didn't realise I could do this. Still trying to find my way round this site.

Thanks for your advice.
    ok no problem, its important that you read the faqs and threads to avoid making costly mistakes. any probs pm me.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Default Claim against RBS

Hi

After sending first two letters to RBSicon with no luck I completed small claimicon form and sent to local court. Local court have issued to papers on RBS.
    RBS have now sent me letter offering a payment, although not the full amount claimed. Should I accept this as partial payment? How do I calculate my dates or should I go with the dates on the court letter?
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Default Re: Claim against RBS

Hi

After sending first two letters to RBSicon with no luck I completed small claimicon form and sent to local court. Local court have issued to papers on RBS.
    RBS have now sent me letter offering a payment, although not the full amount claimed. Should I accept this as partial payment? How do I calculate my dates or should I go with the dates on the court letter?
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    accept it as a part settlement inform them that you will seek the balance. What do you mean calculate the dates explain please

Follows
    Following

Hi

When looking through other threads some of the forum members seem to have calculated dates when they should have received payment or notification of further action.

I think I'm just myself confused with all the information

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Hi

When looking through other threads some of the forum members seem to have calculated dates when they should have received payment or notification of further action.

I think I'm just myself confused with all the information
    ok there are some set "times" but these are for when you have sent letters 14 days for the prelim letter and 14 days for the lbaicon. then you can file with mcol. The information and proceedure is in the faqs if you have anymore probs pm me.

Follows
    Following

Hi

Had a look in FAQS but not able to find what I'm looking for.

Is there a templateicon of the letter to send to Bank accepting part payment? Letter from RBSicon states that they are offering me the sum as a gesture of goodwillicon without admission of error liabibility. Is this just their standard response?

Have received letter from Sheriff Court stating that the return date for case is the 14th November and hearing date is 21st November.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative

Cagger since : Aug 2006

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ent-offer.html

it is a standard reply from them yes, everything is standard for you so far, dont worry

I noticed in this templateicon letter that it states they have a date to respond before court action. Should I put the date as 14th or 21st November?

Thanks for you help with this.
    Starting to get a bit worked up and panicky about all this!

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative

Cagger since : Aug 2006

you can really adjust this letter as much as you want as long as you stick to the fact that you are rejecting their offer, will accept it as partial settlement but will pursue the remainder in court, thats all, dont get bogged down on dates if it's working you into a state,

Simply tell them you refer to their letter, offering x amount, and will accept as partial,, just like i said above

Hope that helps!!

thanks

Will send letter off today

Sent letter to RBSicon on 14/10/06 stating that I would accept their offer as partial payment and would pursue the remainder in court.

Got letter from on 20/10/06 offering to meet my claim in full. Yipee!!!

Default Madmels V RBS

RBSicon have agreedt o meet my claim in full!

Yipee!!!

Question Question re RBS Settlement Letter

Received letter from RBSicon on 20th October offering to meet claim in full which goes back approx 5/6 yearsicon which I'm more than happy with.

Got home from work today and received letter from RBS legal team quoting s6 and schedule 1 of the Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 stating that I am out of time to make any claim in respect of the charges applied to my account.

Can I claim back more than 5 years from RBS?
    Also they want to know what further action I plan on taking
    What do I do know?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

ian cognito

Default Re: Question re RBS Settlement Letter

If the charges are within the last 6 yearsicon you are within your rights to claim them, some people are caliming more than 6 years though I don't think any of them have concluded yet. Did you already write and accept their offer of full settlement, if not I would do so now, including the reference of the letter they sent with the offer.

Perhas you have charges more than 6 years and they think you're after those as well?

I haven't written and accepted yet as only recently sent letter accepting the sum they offered me as partial settlement.

Both letters have come from different people and different locations.

My full list of charges are from 12/04/00 to 13/07/06. They have enclosed a copy of the charges that I included with my small claimicon summons totalling 730.00.

ian cognito

sounds like a standard case of the right hand......., if you're happy with it just accept it!

What do I say to the legal team?

Is there a letter templateicon in the libraryicon to advise that I won't be taking any further action?

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details