Friends Natwest OD - Triton Card Services - Data Protection Query

gettingsorted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been helping a friend of mine who has been struggling for a few years - just moral support ! Takes my mind off my problems.

She has a Nat West bank account and has been paying Triton for several years and her debt with them is reducing gradually. Every so often they ring her and ask about her situation and she agrees a slight increase in the payment. She was unemployed from 2011 and has begun taking on self employed work as a temp since last September.

In order to keep her finances straight she also has a savings account with another bank.

She has today received a phone call from Triton listing all the deposits into her NW account and asking what the transfers to Barclays were ? when she asked how they got this information she was told that it was because they were part of the group and so had access to shared files.

Are they allowed to access this information ? I thought that bank account information was private ?

Thanks

GS

Triton is debt collection arm of Natwest,so have access to your account,however should refuse to discuss her financial affairs on the phone.Is she paying interest?

Does a default show on her credit file?

I would change my bank account to a non RBS/Natwest often called a parachute account,she is paying savings into Barclays so go for a Barclays bank account,then Triton/Natwest will not have any information,in many ways this is important as Natwest could take more money out the account if they so desired.

Triton will jump up and down when you move the Bank Account,so dependant on whether interest is being charged

,consider this method as the way forward

FS

Hi - no interest is not charged; she only owes about £500 and is wondering whether to make a full and final offer to them of around £100 - it was around £6000 when she started paying them off.

It does not appear on her credit searches and has been in existence since around 1980.

what 1980!

get her money out of NatWest now.

shes prob been paying off BANK CHARGes anuhow

why was it £6k

was this a normal bank account

and she went into OD so got stung with charges & interest

sorry but this sounds very much like a cash cow account here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was a credit card she took out in 1980 but got into difficulties with in 2006 when her circumstances changed and she has paying it since then; I didn't get to know about it until she was made redundant and would have suggested then that she got a CCA out of them but I thought it was too late by then as she had been repaying them since 2006 .

Thanks

GS

doesn't matter when she gets the cca

go do it now

if its a credit then it'll be filled with heaps of penalty charges & I bet PPI

I suspect this is a cash cow account she no longer needs to pay

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Credit Card not Bank Account,different story.CCA NOW, I am sure they will not produce a signed copy of the original agreement,stop payments, advise Triton that according to her own records she has paid far more than was outstanding,however upon receipt of a copy of the original agreement she will review the matter.

How often do you receive statements and how far back do they go?

FS

Not sure about statements - I think she did a SAR with them when I got involved to try and get charges back; she def does not receive statements now and hasn't for several years.

Will sit down and talk to her tonight when I go to see her and let you know.

Thanks

GS

• dx100uk changed the title to Friends Natwest OD - Triton Card Services - Data Protection Query