Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2017

Default Re: Kensington SPO **stayed** - now trying again **WON** (Payment late, now worried)

Quote Originally Posted by markez78uk View Post
    I wont mate
    onwards and upwards
    just awaiting the fosicon decision and then I can start the ball rolling on fighting the constant cmi change
    Regards
    Markez
    Mark, that is great news it really is. However I hope you now fully understand that A; This will be your last chance all things being equal and B; no matter what the reason there is no way you can miss a payment going forward, NO REASON because if you do miss one single payment they will be waiting. To think otherwise would be foolish.

Now go and blinking enjoy your life the best of luck to you both.

Default Re: Kensington SPO **stayed** - now trying again **WON** (Payment late, now worried)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudzulu View Post
    Now go and blinking enjoy your life the best of luck to you both.
    Tis me again with my constant niggle.

Find out Markez if any of these legal costs are accruing on your mortgageicon at some point now you have a bit of breathing space. Someone is paying for either Kenny's or E'sheds and you can guarantee that person will be you. I can't shake this from my mind even though you have had something in writing saying there are no charges - I don't buy it..

This might be a good time to SARicon both Kenny's and Eversheds (they won't like it, but if this were me, I'd be doing it). Look at the terms in your mortgageicon loan documents and see if you can spot anything which states they can add their legal costs and then if there's anything in there, the question is where are these costs shown, where are they going to be shown if not already and when are they going to be shown?

I know I bang on about it, but thus far I have seen nothing from you which tells me they are paying all their own costs - and I smell a rat.

Prove me wrong and I'll be happy.

I am jubilant you have pulled this off and whilst you sing the praises of everyone on here (and rightly so if I may say so) it is you who have actually executed the whole thing and believe me, there have been thousands of people who have come on the forum over the years who have been given real solid guidance but who have, for one reason or another either bottled it and left it, ignored it and lost the lot, or been just too frightened of the whole legal, court and challenge scenario, which is fully understandable given the fear people face and endure going through what you have experienced.

So, take nothing away from what you have done my friend, you've just climbed a mountain! - I'm proud of you.

Well done. Just don't sit back as dx points out, keep on top of this, plot your way through the next stage cos it ain't over quite yet - just enjoy the break, but be prepared, line the ducks up for the next round and be ready for it. Keep coming on here asking all the way, don't wait for it to happen.

Elle-nn - You're just plum amazing!

Andy Pandy.

Cabot and the Cabot Fan Club Threads:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...101-cabot.html

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...d-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:
    http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/for...hlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...i-dummies.html

A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful
    Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! Thank you.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jul 2013

hi Andrew 1

Thanks mate means a lot -
    The eviction letter arrived yesterday - I rang the court and they stated its crossed post and double confirmed the warrant has been withdrawn

Kensington stated they are in the process of updating the online account system so you can see other charges showing along with the balance -
    so I should be able to have that access very soon
    then I can see what other charges there are ,

I'm letting the lion sleep for a couple of months while I get payments on the account and also await fosicon decision - then yeah I will go for the charges ect with SARicon

I WOULDNT BE HERE AND COULDNT OF DONE IT WITHOUT ANY OF YOU !!

guidance,kind words,support,advice, you have all been amazing ! when I get financially stable or win the lottery - Dinner is on me !!

Thanks Everyone

A very happy Mark

Basic Account Holder

thanks spudzulu - means the world mate
    Eviction letter is getting put up in my garage to remind me that the fight was nearly lost - but we got there in the end
    and now I'm in a much better paid job - all payments will be made
    priority priority - kennys wont have the last laugh - I will and that's a promise
    now to try and get my credit file sorted - so I can move away from these in the next 2- 3 years

Again thx
    Mark

dont forget, when they do remove the charges they should also correct the figures to adjust the interest they have applied to those ficticious amounts.

It is possible to calculate them for yourself but you will need to knwo how they charge interest, daily or monthly and if the latter in arrears or based on monthly average.

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by markez78uk View Post
    thanks spudzulu - means the world mate
    Eviction letter is getting put up in my garage to remind me that the fight was nearly lost - but we got there in the end
    and now I'm in a much better paid job - all payments will be made
    priority priority - kennys wont have the last laugh - I will and that's a promise
    now to try and get my credit file sorted - so I can move away from these in the next 2- 3 years

Again thx
    Mark
    It's simple to avoid being in this situation again, never miss a payment, never talk yourself into "oh it will be OK this month..." because it won't. Mate I've been there and it got to the point where it was damaging my health that we just handed the keys back.

Just look after yourself, don't go off on any crusade for a while about charges. Just flipping chill out and get into a good space. You need a period of normality, trust me normal is good and often under rated.

Spud

Basic Account Holder

very true ,
    I will be making sure that we wont miss a payment , and wait until the new year and then go after the charges #
    all the best everyone ..
    regards
    markez

Basic Account Holder

oh my days
    Kenny have sent a new letter today stating new cmi next month will be rising again from 592 to 612
    so the cmi was 540 in may
    544 in june after the fca re address it shot up to 589 end of june
    then 592 july ,august September
    Now October payment will be 612

extra 52 a month within 5 months

I told you Markez about this Business model and I attach here a chart I drew up about the Swift Advances rates which are based upon the Libor rate or so they said when it was convenient, but changed it in court to suit themselves and introduced ' financing costs' too when asked why they raised rates rather than reduce them when the Libor and Bank of England rates went down. Punters never saw a rate decrease throughout their loan term and as Kenny's business model is the same, yours won't either.

You can see the initial Swift rate for a loan was 13.44 in the yellow column on the right against a Libor rate on the left of 4.75 back in Feb 2006. I have nothing against the mark-up, that's what business is all about and they make their profits on the mark-up, but follow the headings down and watch as the Libor rates and the Bank of England rates tumble, yet the Swift margin increases as they fail to reduce rates to customers.

Their margin (Profit) goes from an initial 8.62% to a whopping 15.5% + when everyone in the country is struggling at that time from the banking crashes.

That's why you won't see these kinds of companies giving you a penny unless forced to do so.

Hope that helps? (It probably won't, but it helps understand what makes them tick!)

Attached Files Attached Files

Payplan CCCS Advice:

How to use the Forum

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! Thank you.
    Follows
    Following

Disgusting !! - they should be jailed - the whole lot of the sub prime lenders - all in one jail where we can keep an eye on them !! I've been helping to fight them for years on this forum and they're nothing but a blight on the country. How does lending people money then engineering them to fail so they can repossess be a fair practice, it's just peddling misery !

(rant over - for the time being)

Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Ell-enn View Post
    Disgusting !! - they should be jailed - the whole lot of the sub prime lenders - all in one jail where we can keep an eye on them !! I've been helping to fight them for years on this forum and they're nothing but a blight on the country. How does lending people money then engineering them to fail so they can repossess be a fair practice, it's just peddling misery !

(rant over - for the time being)
    Very true, however my family and I will be forever in debt to you. I will never be able to thank you for what you did. Sorry to hijack your thread Mark.

Swift went on the rampage using this business model repossessing thousands and thousands of people's homes right across the Country. Northern Ireland was particularly badly hit. The minute a customer got into arrears the profit machine kicked-in charging for letters, default notices late payment fees and anything else they could add to the capital balance.

One particular gripe I have, and this applies not just to Swift but to most lenders including the High Street lenders and that is the procedures, or lack of them, in place to stop the debt spiraling out of control.

Rarely, when charges are being applied at the time of what they'd like to term as the 'offence' did the debtor get informed they might like to pay the 'fine or charge' off so as not to attract further interest over the term of the loan.

With 1st mortgages (1st Charge that is, not your first mortgageicon ever), a mortgageicon statement is issued generally once a year in January meaning that any charges which had been applied say the January before, the cost of the penalty for want of a word, had been applied to the capital balance for almost a year before the customer was informed or aware of the charge and that charge had attracted interest for that year. Many had that with Second charge loans too and this makes a hefty profit for these companies. It is my belief that any charge being applied to a loan of any kind should be preceded by a letter stating the charge will attract interest and should the customer wish to pay it, the interest would not make their debt situation worse.

To me that's common courtesy, to them it's profit so keep stum!

I agree with you Elle-nn the sub-prime market should be exterminated, regulators are no use, we had the OFT overseeing the likes of Swift and they were as much use as a chocolate kettle and the unregulated loans (over 25k back then) were like giving them a blank cheque.

Try get them out of your life Markez, you'll be a happier man for it!

Payplan CCCS Advice:

How to use the Forum

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thank you for providing these insigts and putting them across in an easy to understand way. I have learnt a great deal.

Follows
    Following

This guidance note from the FCA may be of interest: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/f...ce/fg17-04.PDF

Although published in April 2017, I suspect that some within the industry are ignoring the FCA guidance and including arrears in their CMI calculations.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.
    Follows
    Following

too right they are!!

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

The FCA 'Guidelines' are often stated as just being guidelines by these companies, not the law, happened with the OFT back then too. I have had many dealings with the FCA, but as with most regulators, they won't entertain any dialogue with the customer so you never know whether your particular complaint or concern is thrown in the bin when it arrives or is being treated seriously and acted upon.

Regulators do not get involved in individual account disputes, they just 'listen' to people's concerns and if they do act on them, you never get to know how or what was done.

To the concerned punter, that's not much help when he or she is fighting for their life against an alleged injustice by an unscrupulous lender or practice. In fact, it just frustrates the punter even more.

One just hopes someone hears what's going on and does something for the rest of mankind to stop the organisation from doing it again - but you never know!

That takes people to the legal option and I have not seen many people come away unscathed from taking these companies on as the T & C's in their contracts mean that the punter pays for their defence and costs no matter what the result is and that's hardly a fair term in a consumer contract is it? There is no level playing field from the very start.

It's a very hard battle to win against these people without cost so best not get into bed with them in the first place if at all possible - credit can be useful, but it's dangerous to one's health.

Andrew

Payplan CCCS Advice:

How to use the Forum

Follows
    Following

How's the plan going Markez? Still on top of it?

Payplan CCCS Advice:

How to use the Forum

Follows
    Following

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details