• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

rollovers issue **WON REFUNDED IN FULL**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys..

..For ages I have been getting excellent advise from this forum, but this is my first time posting on here.

I just wanted to share my dealings with Cash Genie.

After finding this page, I finally had to guts to do something about it rather than just letting Cash Genie rip me off every month!

I stupidly applied for a loan of £200 originally in December...just some extra cash for Christmas.

I had received the sameT&C's as posted on here. So i assumed that Cash Genie will take the £60 interest first

and the next month £200 to recover the full amount borrowed.

however this was not the case and Cash Genie had infact withdrawn £60 every month since December!

After seeing a few posts on this thread I took action,

I emailed the customer services department the following

Dear Cash Genie,

I would like to make a formal complaint on the basis that you are in breach of your customer charter and therefore in breach of CPUTR 2008.

I would ask to be refunded the extra £280 that you have unlawfully withdrawn from my account since January 2013 of £60 amounts,

when my original loan was £200 + £60 interest.

Clearly stating in your terms and conditions that first payment of £60 will leave my account and the second payment of £200 to pay the balance in full.

I withdraw your authority to take regular payments from my bank account

.Please note that I will only discuss this via email.

I will not call any number or wish to be bullied by your collections department.

Under no circumstances do I give you permission to call my work or send letters to my home address.

I do not wish to be contacted on my mobile phone number either by text or phone call.

If you do constantly text or call me this will be seen as harassment and a log of all the calls and texts will be sent to the OFCOM a

nd the OFT which means you will be liable to a substantial fine.

As it would put you in breach of section 40 of the Administration of justice act 1970 and the protection from harassment act 1997

and also the communications act (2003) s.197 Any calls from your company will be recorded.

I hope that you will be able to resolve my problem quick.

I look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

I got a reply the next day from a guy named Paul Geary

Dear Ms XXXX,

Many thanks for your email below and for raising the details within relation to the collection of the interest each month.

I have reviewed your loan agreement and can agree that you have paid the interest each month with no capital being collected,

our system shows that we had attempted to collect the funds from you in order to clear in full but they were not available.

I am investigating this further to understand if there were any issues which meant that only the interest was successful

and not the capital but in the mean time I can agree to refund the over payment

Please can you provide me with the following information to ensure the refund is processed correctly.

Bank Account Number:Sort Code:

Upon receipt of the above information, the refund will be processed as soon as possible.

If you wish to discuss direct with myself then please do not hesitate to call me.

Kind Regards Paul

My response

:Dear Paul,

Thank you for your email response.

I can assure you that full funds were never processed to be collected from my account as I have spoken to my bank manager regarding this matter.

The only amounts that kept being withdrawn were the interest payments.

I would accept a refund, please find below my account number and sort code:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXI look forward to receiving the funds in my account shortly.

Should I have any problems I will contact you directly.

I then got 9 separate emails from Cash Genie the next day saying my account had been cancelled

- I'm assuming 9 = 9 months they have kept rolling over the loan without my consent and without contacting me!

So i then emailed Paul again

Dear Paul,

Please note that I have received a few emails from Cash Genie stating my account has been cancelled which I am happy about,

however I still don’t appear to have received a refund on my account?

Please could you advise me on when I will receive these funds.

I got this response:

Hi,

The funds will be with you within the next few hours, if you have not received the funds by 11 please come back to me.

Paul

So I am not checking my bank account every 30mins-

1 hour to receive my funds back!

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks guys for the greats responses you posted on this thread..

.they helped me alot when contacting Cash Genie

Edited by lesly

own thread created

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...