Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    tnook Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2007

Default Re: Very Old Barclaycard Charges

Ok finally got the final responseicon letter from Barclaycard. GDPR limited to 6 yearsicon, well that's news to me and the ICOicon. Basically they say they don't have any more data to give me. Here we go:

Dear tnook,

About your complaint General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Thanks for taking the time to discuss your complaint with me. Once again I'd like to say sorry that you've had reason to complain.

As mentioned in our conversation, I've carefully considered your complaint and reviewed the issues you raised. I am unable to support your complaint because we have provided you all the information we hold on you for the accounts you listed.

Let's take a look at what happened:
    We are only required by GDPR law to hold information for up to 6 years. We have checked all of our systems and files and no other data is held for any of the accounts you provided.

Therefore we are unable to ascertain if you held Payment Protection Insurance on any of the accounts in question as we no longer hold this information on file due to the time that has lapsed.

And finally we need to let you know:
    This will be our final responseicon to your complaint, but if you have any questions or new information to share please let me know and I'll be happy to look into your complaint again.

You have the right to complain to the fosicon within 6 months etc etc etc

Your sincerely,
    BC

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2007

It's good they've put all this in writing and I'll see if there's interest from the Site Team in BC's response.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Document Retention

According to sections 221 and 222 of the Companies Act 1985, a public company is required to maintain records for a period of six years (section 222(5)(b).

As a loan agreement is active until the agreement is terminated, I would suggest that all the payment records (and other documents making up the file - including the agreement/application etc) would be "live" until the account is paid, or terminated - thus, the full file should be retained for at least six years after that.

This interpretation fits in with Inland Revenue legislation that requires prime documents to be retained for a period of six years - AFTER THE END OF THE RELEVANT ACCOUNTING PERIOD. That would mean some files need to be retained for up to seven years. The relevant legislation is found in Schedule 18 of the Finance Act 1998 (paragraph 21) - of particular significance is sub-paragraph (6) which states:

"The duty to preserve records under this paragraph includes a duty to preserve all supporting documents relating to the items mentioned in sub-paragraph (5)(a) and (b)."

Finally, key documents/application forms etc must be kept until 5 years after that business relationship has ended. This is a requirement of The Money Laundering Regulations 1993, 2003 and 2007. “

Regards

Andy

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    tnook Novitiate

Thanks. The statements are outside these timeframes. They did send the application form amazingly fro 1998. I'm just wondering if they have deleted or destroyed the statements since there are other people who have managed to get them.

What do you think I should do next?

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

I don't believe for one second that any such statements have been destroyed.

I would take this to the ICOicon or, if you prefer, take court action based on the info provided on page #3.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    tnook Novitiate

Will do slick.

Im the meantime, I have another thread in Santander/Cahoot, same situation, old CC charges but I do have the statements this time and it has run its course, ie letters, lbaicon and final responseicon. Need help preparing for court. Can anyone assist?

Link: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...41#post5135041

Have you read through the thread I linked in post #53

If you still need more help, let us know here and I'll go take a look.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060 Authoritative noomill060's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2006

I went down this route. Got stuck when the ICOicon accepted Barclay's word that no accessable credit card personal dataicon pre-6 years existed.

(Good grief, I joined CAGicon twelve years ago this month!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details