Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2012

Default Re: Barclays Overdraft and ignorant staff

Absolutely no point in complaining blind

You need to know every detail they hold

For example the basis on which the account
    operates, how and when the overdraft
    has been reviewed etc etc

It will all be in the SARicon

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Then issue a court claim and claim it all back with 8% interest over the 10 years.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2007

Hi Deb,

1. I asked earlier, and ask again, would it be a worry for you if your credit rating was trashed. Eg, are you likely to be seeking a loan or mortgageicon in the next 6 yearsicon.

2. Also, could you repay the capital owing now if you needed ?

SARicon is an absolute must and should be done as your first move. You need all the info you can get !

If they decided to recall the OD now after so many years (as you suggest in post #14), you would have a great case against the bank for unfair treatment seeing how long they've allowed the OD to run without activity on the a/c, taking the interest month after month.

Get the SAR sent off now !

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2009

DX100/ - Ok, I've grabbed a Postal Order today for the SARS and will send it on the morrow, has the template for a SARs changed? Is it different for
    an Bank Account or parts to be removed? Where can i find it please.

theoldrouge, Yeah I get that, just didn't want it to be my first line in but i'll go with it

andyorch, If I thought I had a chance I'd give it a go, but I'm guessing as it's fees not charges it doesn't apply.

Slick, apologies for not answering you the first time. Yes it would be a worry, I already have some of what you mention
    and I'd like to resructured things but a marked Credit File would pretty much rule that out....

No I'm not in a position to pay of the capital amount or even lend for it but I wouldn't want to anyway, I've paid almost
    3 times the overdraft amount since it's transferring to me almost 18 years ago.

I'll update as and when

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

click SARicon

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

I would guess this OD was defaulted years ago is not showing?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T Highly informative Deb T's Avatar

I haven't looked at my credit for years, last time I did and within a few weeks the likes of Lowell and Robinson Way then started up again
    sending me letters for other now no longer relevant accounts.

I'm able to get online to the personal account, it's live, all statements from the past 10 years are there ( I have the ones previous to that)

I dont see any default , would I see it?

I'm not sure if the above is what you mean default?

(thanks for the SARicon's list, now printed out) I'll locate the data controller within barclays on the morrow and send the sars recorded.

Follows
    Following

no you wouldn't see it but the SARicon will reveal it.

if its not on your credit file now

88% its already had one and ben removed so cant comeback

nearly all credit files are free now
    noddle
    Experian
    etc etc

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Ok, well whatever comes back I'll be sure to update this thread.

I'm not doing my credit file.....never ever ever ever ever again....

noddle you say? ha! j/k nah, I'll wait for the SARicon.

Follows
    Following

why ever do you not want to do your credit file?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

" andyorch, If I thought I had a chance I'd give it a go, but I'm guessing as it's fees not charges it doesn't apply. "

Really ..whats the difference between a fee and a charge ?

Well the following cant be correct ....

JAN 2009 Statement 'End Balance 6489.14
    JAN 2018 Statement 'End Balance 6401.03

Payments made 96 months at no less than 100 pcm
    or 9600

Balance reduced in the last 8 years 88.11p

In short approx 20,000 has been paid on this overdraft

On the Barclays Website it states for personal Overdraft borrowing the max charge is 32 per month (EG If you use an overdraft of 1,200 you'll be charged 1.50 per day when you use it.)

or 9600 over the period

"It is classed as an 'Executive O/D Flex (that named account no longer exists)
    It's classed as my personal account (which is only use for paying/servicing this overdraft "

https://www.barclays.co.uk/current-a...nt/overdrafts/

I suspect its still being treated as a 'Executive O/D Flex Current account

Andy

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

It's mindset,
    I went for years with it,
    saw the various issues on it,
    fought with a couple of bottom feeding DCAicon' re their updates/entries and when they wouldnt budge

I went to the CRAicon (experian at the time) supplied them with the relevant info to have the file adjusted and they stonwalled me for ages

then came back with
    'you'll have to speak to the dca as it's not our issue'
    in the meantime my rating was mashed

My ability to raise capital or even own a CC was diminished...
    .none of which was actually my fault,
    as one shining example arc added

two years onto a default..
    .it was never removed.
    i stopped looking at it...for a fair few years

tupidly went and logged back an account with experian ..
    .in the years away from not having one I had zero communication with alleged creditors,

within a few short weeks of reapplying for my file
    I had two come out of the woodwork...coincidence possibly, but I doubt it.
    I don't want to see my credit file again ever

I'll live with the consequences of that should something come and bite me in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyorch View Post
    " andyorch, If I thought I had a chance I'd give it a go, but I'm guessing as it's fees not charges it doesn't apply. "

Really ..whats the difference between a fee and a charge ?

Well the following cant be correct ....

JAN 2009 Statement 'End Balance 6489.14
    JAN 2018 Statement 'End Balance 6401.03

or 9600

Balance reduced in the last 8 years 88.11p

In short approx 20,000 has been paid on this overdraft

On the Barclays Website it states for personal Overdraft borrowing the max charge is 32 per month (EG If you use an overdraft of 1,200 you'll be charged 1.50 per day when you use it.)

or 9600 over the period

"It is classed as an 'Executive O/D Flex (that named account no longer exists)
    It's classed as my personal account (which is only use for paying/servicing this overdraft "

https://www.barclays.co.uk/current-a...nt/overdrafts/

I suspect its still being treated as a 'Executive O/D Flex Current account

Andy
    Just to clarify,
    the above figures (balance) as stated in my posts further up are approx,

I've not given the actual o/d amount as I don't want barclays as yet being able to recongise me,
    the amounts paid back are correct as in minimum 100, sometimes more.

Over the years the overdraft fees have changed as and when Barclays change their structuring on the account.
    The very first interest debit 18 years ago was for 88,
    it remained like that for a few years,

it then changed as they switched it about to almost 130 pcm and over the years it's fluctuated between the 3per day it is at the moment to around 112 fixed amount about 5 years ago.
    ..I've always met the amount of interest they've charged,
    sometimes to the penny,
    sometimes by a few s more.

Essentially though,
    the first statement 18years ago,
    to the latest statement of Jan 18
    the difference between the balances being approx 150 ,

last statement charged me 93 interest,
    payment made in 100,

this months will be less as it's Feb and currently barclays charge to my account is 3 per day

I should also add that one payment was missed in 2014 due to my being hospitalised,
    however, the account was enough in credit not to go overdrawn (just)

by overdrawn I mean not over the overdraft limit.
    I'd be happy to post statements up but it would be difficult to redact without it looking almost blank....

I thought charges were for going over the limit/ making cheques that can't be cashed etc...there is none of that, it's fees charged as interest only that has ever been added. Isn't that the difference when it comes to making a claim against them

Part what brought me to try and do something is that from this month I can no longer go into the branch and pay money across the counter/via a machine unless I have my bank card (some new barclays regulation) and I haven't had one of those ( termed a 'connect' card) for a decade ..

.I've just used my sort code /account number but now I will have to use a card but didn't / dont want to apply for a new one as I wasnt wanting to alert them to my account in any way ...and they haven't sent me one for a decade either.

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Default Re: Overdraft Debt - Going nowhere - Bank don't/wont listen

I have the sars printed out, got the postal order and am ok to send it (was going to send Friday but I hung back pending reading up on this particular part of the forum)

In any case, I have since found a link on line on Barclays where I can apply for the SARicon online via their website, once requested they then send me notification
    and a payment request for the sar (be that by cheque/postal order)

On the online form it asks for a variety of details, such as info held by Barclays/Barclaycard etc etc..
    . I have Barclaycards, both of which have zero balance on them (and a available credit limit collectively of 25k)
    I don't want the info on them,
    so should I adjust the sar to simply state 'Barclays Current Account' or leave it and see what comes back.

I'm thinking that once I do go at them that they'll simply limit the cards and call them in.
    ...not that it bothers me as I don't use them.

Whether I want home delivery or delivered to a branch (the latter is my preference)...

Daytime/Evening phone numbers, last know addresses for last 3 years and so on.

---

Wheras the Sar from here simply gives the account number, my name/address and signature...

I'm loathe to go the online route due to the extra questions,
    I'm stll sort of at the same address (have access to it/visit it/ am billed for varying items and I can be contacted there..
    .however my telephone number has changed,
    I don't want to give Barclays my updated one,
    more so that I don't actually give it out anywhere these days (data harvesting etc)

I will include a covering letter requesting that for security I would prefer the info requested be sent to the branch and for them to email me when that has been done. I have an email on file with them which is current etc.

So, unless there is any extra benefit to the online sar request I'm guessing the sar template here is suffice (correctly filled in of course)

Also, since lookin at my paperwork, I have found a letter from the bank authorsing the overdraft (early 2000) and where amongst other things it states

You can overdraw up to your limit whevr you want but you should not be permanently overdrawn by the whole amount' which is pretty much how it's been 'permanently overdrawn' and by pretty much the full amount since that letter...18years ago.

Also, reading back from some letters I've found out in 01/02 (approx 10 of) their are charges on the account for the overdraft exceeding the limit and for a few cheques that bounced.
    They also mention the overdraft is subject to an annual service charge of 50 (that was then) but I can't see
    that charge on any statement out of the 170+ that I have.

Follows
    Following

deb t
    just send OUR SARicon

you don't really need to put any numbers

poss simply add a line you are happy to collect from XXX branch

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Ok, will do, good enough for me.

Thankyou!

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details