Question about a two week course: IWRP

Chester6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the jobcentre the lady I saw pretty much admitted they aren't impressed with the exit reports that the [pejorative word removed] wrote as all (thus far) have effectively said the same thing

I got told about a silly course - two week of 9-5 about managing money, more CV stuff and interview skills, apparently you get kicked out and sanctioned if you are genuinely ill which is stupid I think plus you have to be there on time , there's more computer stuff which depends on your knowledge eg basic users get a basic course and advanced get an advanced one plus they want you to wear interview clothes for one day to assess this

Plus things are more intense with attending the jobcentre when they desire eg if you get asked to do something they want you to visit the jobcentre afterwards to inform them of this

Plus I get another better off in work calculation - it's obvious that you are better off with a full time job though so some of the stuff from the jobcentre feels like they are patronising

Do I have to submit my CV again for more supposed help?

They are also gonna push more placements slaving labour onto me - the only good point may be the one where there's a placement that leads to a job with some academy based idea, I don't see how more works but apparently employers want people with a work history of jobs/ volunteering but these placements have never helped me and then I get the crazy interviewers

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative word removed.

i was sent on one of these courses last week,we were building models in a group, out of newspapers,and had to act out a play 4 in a team for aggression passiveness assertiveness,i taught i was back at junior school.

when i told my tutor this she said it was team building experience we also had to stand up and read out aloud to the class.

Do I have to provide a CV and wear interview clothes as claimed?

on the last day you have a mock interview so you have to come dressed as you would go for an interview,no jeans or trainers or you will fail the course.and bring cv and any other documents you have

on the last day you have a mock interview so you have to come dressed as you would go for an interview,no jeans or trainers or you will fail the course.and bring cv and any other documents you have

Can the CV be redacted? What certificate do you get? Is this another failure of a idea like the WP, New Deal etc that must never be mentioned on your CV as you'll never get anywhere with it so it's pointless?

What happens during it? Is it the waste of time that it sounds like?

A mock interview would surely warrant a mock CV - On that basis, name and address at the top (no phone number or email), pad out with fake employment and over inflated job descriptions. Bung a few high-brow qualifications on the end (if Universita di Perugia and Dunchurch College of Management is good enough for IDS, 'tis good enough for a mock CV for you). If you also "passed" any courses run by a WP provider, include them too.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.