ESA problems and elderly father

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do not know what to do. My ESA 365 limit finished in May 13. The DWP have put me on ESA whereas I only get paid my NI contributions paid with med certs supplied by doctor. I am living off my savings now. I requested form ESA3 to apply for ESA contributions based. Have not filled that in yet. (49 pages) But in the meantime my depression has got worse and I had to go into hospital twice (overdose) I am waiting to see Mental Health Team, to change medication. I am living with 92 yr old dad who needs me more now to look after him more and the Mental Health Team said thay may be able to get me to be my dads main carer. I am very confused. Do, I inform DWP on my recent MH issues by letter and I have a letter from my GP. Or wait for MH Team. The MH team seem to be snowed under and I do not know how long before they will contact me. The MH team at present have told me to go to my GP for the medication change. I was in the ESA WRAG and had trouble with tribunal pw sent to me after I won that case. I, did manage to get a compension pay out from them for their errors. The DWP never contacted me to go to the job centre at any time. I am very upset at the moment and my dad comes first. If the case comes whereas I need to care for dad more, then I think I shall just drop the DWP and care for my dad (even if unpaid) and get better in my own time before going to the Job Centre in the near future. Its very unfair, I am ill and my poor dad needs my help also. It would be no contest. Dad would come first and I would live off my saving and his pension. What do you think? I really feel for you all out there and the unfair treatment you are getting. thanks graham

I've moved this post to a new thread where it should get more replies.

Is your Dad in receipt of Attendance Allowance?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

No. Seems very difficult getting any caring benefits.

Thanks for your reply. I think some are ATOS tested.

How can I take a 92 yr old man to one of those.

It all upsets me.

Edited by grahamdavid31

More about Attendance allowance here it is definitely worth applying for your Dad. You can find out how to claim here

If that claim is successful, you would then be able to claim carers allowance and Income support yourself. Then you could forget about ESA and the stress of constantly meeting descriptors.

No. Seems very difficult getting any caring benefits.

Thanks for your reply. I think some are ATOS tested.

How can I take a 92 yr old man to one of those.

It all upsets me.

Applying for Attendance Allowance you won't need to take your dad anywhere, I rang 'Help The Age' which is called Age UK and explain about my friend's mother, she suffer from progressed dementia, the guy who answered was very helpful and they send a lady to her house where I went and explain about the care she needed it was all done, in no time at all she received high rate Attendance Allowance! I must say that was 2010 not sure about now what the situation is but give Age UK a bell they will help you or advice you!

hope this helps

You lot are just wonderful and thank you very much for all your help. I will keep Age UK in mind and contact them. Life is very hard for all of us at the moment. Please take care. I, do visit this web site alot and will help you all out as much as you have helped me. Thank you. Just wished we ruled the world. Best wishes Graham.