• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021. npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279. The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills. I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this. EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.  I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.  And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Homelessness Information - Glasgow Only **Correct as at May 2015**

stu007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HOMELESSNESS INFORMATION GLASGOW ONLY

Document Source: Glasgow Homeless Information Page

EMERGENCY ACCOMMODATION

Community Casework Teams

You can make a homelessness application at any of the Community Casework Teams in the city.

You do not have to make your application at the office closest to where you would normally stay: whichever Casework Team you go to, they must allow you to make your application there.

There are a number of them across Glasgow, and they are open Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 4.00 pm or you can phone them between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

North West Community Casework Service

30 Mansion Street Glasgow G22 5SZ

Phone: 0141 276 6169 Fax: 0141 276 6172

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

South Community Casework Service

1st Floor, TwoMax Building, 187 Old Rutherglen Road, Glasgow G5 0RE

Phone: 0141 276 8201, Fax: 0141 276 8278

North East Community Casework Service

33 Burnmouth Road, Glasgow G33 4ST

Phone: 0141 276 6153 & 0141 276 6160

Asylum and Refugee Support Team

The Hamish Allan Centre, 180 Centre Street, Glasgow, G5 8EE

Freephone 0800 838 502, or phone 0141 287 1800

Prison Casework Service

Social Work Unit, HMP Barlinnie, Lee Avenue, Glasgow G33 2QX

Phone: 0141 770 2123, Fax: 0141 770 9808

The Hamish Allan Centre - Out of Hours Service

4.00pm to 9.00am Mondays to Fridays

24 hours on Saturdays and Sundays

24 hours on public holidays

Between 4.00pm and 9.00am, you can still make a homelessness application at the Hamish Allan Centre.

During office hours, you will be redirected to one of the Community Casework Teams (see above).

The Hamish Allan Centre is at 180 Centre Street, Glasgow, G5 8EE

Freephone 0800 838 502, or phone 0141 287 1800

FOOD

City Centre

ChananGlasgow

Tower Block,

162 St Vincent Lane,

G2 7LQ

Tel: 0141 243 2336

Email: [email protected]

Monday 7.30-8.30pm

Free food from mini bus at corner of Blytheswood St/ Cadogan St

Glasgow City Mission

20 Crimea Street

City Centre

G2 8PW

Tel: 0141 221 2630

Evening Drop In, 8pm-10pm, Monday to Friday

Foodbank, 10am-12pm, Monday & Wednesday

Glasgow Asylum Destitution Action Network

Tel: GADAN on 07961 098430

Tel: Night Shelter 07929 852264

Open 7 days, 8pm-8am

NOTE: Destitute asylum seekers and refugees who cannot access other services - referral only

Loaves & Fishes

Oasis Cafe

Renfield St Stephens Church Centre

260 Bath Street

G2 4H2

Tel: 01355 224 375

Sit down hot meal, Monday & Thursday, 6pm

Food parcels distributed on a Thursday night only

Lodging House Mission

35 East Campbell Street

G1 5DT

Tel: 0141 552 0285

Free & Low Cost Meals, Monday to Friday, 8am - 10am & 12pm - 2pm

The Wayside Club

32 Midland Street

G1 4PR

Tel: 0141 221 0169

Open 7 days, Hot food & drinks, 7.30pm-10pm

Saturdays, 1pm-4pm

Anniesland

Glasgow Vineyard Church (Also Storehouse Foodbank)

4 Linden Street

Anniesland

G13 1DQ

Tel: 0141 237 1370

Saturday, 10am-12pm, Food & toiletries (Voucher Needed)

Bridgegate

The Frederic Ozanam Centre

9 Bridgegate

G1 5HX

Tel: 07940 311 340

Sunday, 12pm

Broomhill

Glasgow Northwest Foodbank (Also Broomhill Foodbank Centre)

Broomhill Community Church

1 Norby Road

G11 7BN

Tel: 07787 334012

Monday, 4pm-6pm (Voucher Needed)

Cardonald

Glasgow South West Food bank (Hillington Park Church)

Berryknowes Road

G52 2UD

Tel: 07708 504 130

Friday, 10am-1pm (Voucher Needed)

Cowcaddens

Central and West Integration Network

Garnethill Multicultural Centre,

21 Rose Street

G3 6RE

Tel: 0141 573 0978

Friday, 2pm-4pm (Destitute asylum seekers)

Dennistoun

The Everlasting Food Bank

12 Whitehill Street

G31 2HL

Tel: 0798 302 1283

Gorbals

Bridging the Gap

Greyfriars Centre

270 Ballater Street

G5 9LJ

Tel: 0141 418 0241

Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-5pm (Local people in need/ people seeking asylum/ refugees)

Destiny Angels

37 South Portland Street

G5 9JL

Tel: 0141 429 8757

Wednesday & Friday, 11am - 3pm

Govan

Govan and Craigton Integration Network

Riverside Hall

29-31 Clydebrae Street

G51 2AJ

Tel: 0141 445 3718

Wednesday, 12.30pm-2.30pm (Destitute asylum seekers)

PERSONAL CARE

There are facilities for personal care such as showers and laundry at the Lodging House Mission, The Marie Trust and the City Mission.

Lodging House Mission, 35 East Campbell Street, G1 5DT

The Marie Trust, 32 Midland Street, G1 4PR

The City Mission, 20 Crimea Street, G2 8PT

RSVP - ROUGH SLEEPING & VULNERABLE PEOPLE

Rough Sleeping & Vulnerable People (RSVP, previously called "Glasgow Street Service" and also known as the "Street Team") is a street outreach team which works with people aged 16 and over.

RSVP provides advice and support to access accommodation and other services such as medical, addiction and mental health services.

They offer practical help and emotional support to those sleeping rough, at risk of sleeping rough or becoming homeless and those having difficulties accessing other services.

Where can you find RSVP?

** City centre streets

** Soup kitchens

** Day centres

** Red light areas (male and female)

** Bus stations

** Train stations

** Through other services such as the Hamish Allan Centre

You can contact RSVP by calling 0800 027 7466.This is a free phone number - it will not cost you anything to call from a landline, but you probably will be charged by your mobile phone service provider if you call from your mobile phone.

The freephone number is available 24 hours a day, every day. It can be used for Street Outreach and Crisis Response.

RSVP also provide a drop-in advice and information service:

The Hub

72 London Road

Glasgow

G1 5NP

Telephone: 0141 552 4164

HOUSING ADVICE

Glasgow City Council has a Housing Options Guide available for people to access information about the range of housing available in Glasgow. You can find outmore information on the Housing Options Guide website.

Glasgow Shelter Housing Aid Centre works with anyone who is homeless, threatened with homelessness, or has a housing problem. They offer housing advice, advocacy, and legal representation on a wide variety of housing problems.

Homelessness Information - GLASGOW ONLY.pdf

Before Printing the PDF TIP

If you DO NOT wish to print Page 1 (Cover Page) of the PDF, please ensure to do the following:

Ensure you go to your Printer Settings and set it to 'Print from Page 2' (this way Page 1 (Cover Page) should not print out).

Note: This will save you Ink & Paper

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks