• Tweets

• One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other!
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

What sort of settlement percentage will BH accept?

erinbrooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have started a few threads over the last week and with no disrespect to any regulars on CAG, as it is more my own perceptions that are causing confusion:|, I feel no further forward.

In brief we have approx 30K's worth of debts with the largest being Black Horse who have taken over my Capital loan since the LSTB/Halifax merger:-( So in effect that one is still with the OC.....

The rest are 5K , 3K, 2K, 1.5K and a few of around £200 - all of these smaller ones are with DCA's:|

We have been running a DMP with Payplan for the last 2 years and have never had any problems other than the odd letter reminding us of our debts....not one offer of a reduced settlement:-x

We have now sold our house and will be left with approx 5K in cash.

Do we tell Payplan about the 5K and ask them to try for F&F's or do it ourselves?

If we tell our creditors that we have sold our house and this is probably the last time we'll have access to anywhere near 5K will that help our cause?

Do you think Black Horse will be happy to get their £55 per month till the tenth of never from Payplan?

Do you think any of the creditors will put the squeeze on us if they get wind that we now have no more assets?

All help and advice GREATLY appreciated:roll:

You could do it either way. If you want to do it yourselves, you'd need to complete the IE sheet on here that works out prorata payments for you.

I don't want to but a damper on things, but I think you're unlikely to get F&F's on all 30K worth with 5K, but you can try! If you do try, make it quite clear to them the sacrifice you have made in order to be able to get this money -ie- giving up your home.

We sold ours a few years ago and now have no real assets, but plenty of debt. CAB advised us 3 years ago to stop paying all creditors and wait to be made bankrupt. We have taken their advice and have even asked creditors to make us bankrupt quite a few times. They won't as it would mean them paying money to have their debt written off and to help us. However, having got our head round bankruptcy being a real possibility (which was hard), it has given us a new lease of life as there really is nothing they can do to us. I keep fighting them as I enjoy the fight in a perverse way, and have managed to have over £15000 written off.

I don't think they'll put the squeeze on you. Even if they do - you've no assets, so what can they get out of you?

If you can get your heads into this mindset as we've had to, it makes all the difference in the world.

You could do it either way. If you want to do it yourselves, you'd need to complete the IE sheet on here that works out prorata payments for you.

I don't want to but a damper on things, but I think you're unlikely to get F&F's on all 30K worth with 5K, but you can try! If you do try, make it quite clear to them the sacrifice you have made in order to be able to get this money -ie- giving up your home.

We sold ours a few years ago and now have no real assets, but plenty of debt. CAB advised us 3 years ago to stop paying all creditors and wait to be made bankrupt. We have taken their advice and have even asked creditors to make us bankrupt quite a few times. They won't as it would mean them paying money to have their debt written off and to help us. However, having got our head round bankruptcy being a real possibility (which was hard), it has given us a new lease of life as there really is nothing they can do to us. I keep fighting them as I enjoy the fight in a perverse way, and have managed to have over £15000 written off.

I don't think they'll put the squeeze on you. Even if they do - you've no assets, so what can they get out of you?

If you can get your heads into this mindset as we've had to, it makes all the difference in the world.

Cheers Tingy:wink:

So is it best to let Payplan do it or if I do it myself will they be offended?

I didn't really think that 5 would clear 30, to be honest.....if I did try would it be prudent to offer my largest creditor (Black Horse) the whole 5K? I could pick away at the others over time... But could do with getting rid of the big one:| If I did that would I tell BH that I was only offering money to them and not my other creditors?:???:

It depends on the circumstances of each debt. If some have frozen interest and others haven't, it would make sense to try to get rid of these first as they're costing. However beware of one thing, there was somebody recently posted on here in a similar position and another creditor found out that they'd paid off one creditor in full, but not upped their payments to the others and withdrew all their goodwill. F&F's can be complex!

It depends on the circumstances of each debt. If some have frozen interest and others haven't, it would make sense to try to get rid of these first as they're costing. However beware of one thing, there was somebody recently posted on here in a similar position and another creditor found out that they'd paid off one creditor in full, but not upped their payments to the others and withdrew all their goodwill. F&F's can be complex!

I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place:|

If I pro rata the full 5K then I know BH will knock me back:-( some others might accept, but then what do I do with the element of money that was destined for BH??

You wouldn't happen to have a link for the formula for working out F&F's have yo?

My understanding is that normally people offer pro rata to everyone who either accept or don't. I believe they then pay off the ones who've agreed and pay the others what they had offered them so if ever it went to court they can prove their behaviour has been fair and equitable.

My understanding is that normally people offer pro rata to everyone who either accept or don't. I believe they then pay off the ones who've agreed and pay the others what they had offered them so if ever it went to court they can prove their behaviour has been fair and equitable.

Those who don't accept have nowt to lose then really:-(

They have nothing to lose, but you have a lot to gain as if you're able to offer the 30K one say £1200, then they refuse it. If they then take you to court in the future, you have evidence that when you had some money you offered it fairly amongst your creditors and they refused. However as a gesture of goodwill you still made the payment and since then have contiinued to pay what you can afford.

Something paid off is better than nothing. Hand on heart do you think you will eventually be able to repay these debts, or do you think you're going to be making token payments for the rest of your lives?

They have nothing to lose, but you have a lot to gain as if you're able to offer the 30K one say £1200, then they refuse it. If they then take you to court in the future, you have evidence that when you had some money you offered it fairly amongst your creditors and they refused. However as a gesture of goodwill you still made the payment and since then have contiinued to pay what you can afford.

Something paid off is better than nothing. Hand on heart do you think you will eventually be able to repay these debts, or do you think you're going to be making token payments for the rest of your lives?

Difficult to say how long it will take to pay the debts, but we WILL persevere to do so:|

It would be nice to be able to close the door on it all with F&F's though...

So do you think it is a BAD idea to try and get rid of BH on it's own?

As that is the big one I can understand your wish to do so, which is fine unless your other crediros latch onto the fact that you've given BH 5K and them not a penny. TBH I think you'd be luck if BH would accept 5K as F&F, but you can try.

The reason I asked about repaying for the rest of your liives was that there are a range of other routes depending on your income etc.... that you can take to write them off totally. Unfortunately I go away this morning until Mon or Tues, but will be back then. You could consider bankruptcy, DRO's, IVA's etc.... which don't carry the stigma they once did, are NOT reported in the local press anymore (contrary to popular belief) and after a year you're free to amke a fresh start. Something that drastic has to be your call. It's what we've chosen and was a very difficult decision to make, but we don't want the rest of our lives spent with this cloud of debt and letters hanging over our heads.

As that is the big one I can understand your wish to do so, which is fine unless your other crediros latch onto the fact that you've given BH 5K and them not a penny. TBH I think you'd be luck if BH would accept 5K as F&F, but you can try.

The reason I asked about repaying for the rest of your liives was that there are a range of other routes depending on your income etc.... that you can take to write them off totally. Unfortunately I go away this morning until Mon or Tues, but will be back then. You could consider bankruptcy, DRO's, IVA's etc.... which don't carry the stigma they once did, are NOT reported in the local press anymore (contrary to popular belief) and after a year you're free to amke a fresh start. Something that drastic has to be your call. It's what we've chosen and was a very difficult decision to make, but we don't want the rest of our lives spent with this cloud of debt and letters hanging over our heads.

One thing I have just thought of that I haven't previously mentioned...Out of the 30K debts, not all are in my name..... Only approx 21K is in my name and the rest are in the name of my wife.

Will that make a difference to an offer to BH? although DMP is in joint names.

As long as the debts were taken out in only one name, only that one person will be liable. In terms of BH, if that is on your credit file, it would only cause problems if one of your other creditors looked at the file and saw a massive lump paid off BH when they had got nothing - this is why the advice is always to treat creditors equally.

Sorry Tingy&erinbrooke, I have not read the whole thread, only that you are looking at F&F offers, so here is some info which might be useful to you.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=24_full_and_final_settlement_offers

http://www.voltimum.co.uk/news/2312/cm/the-law----full-and-final-settlement-.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

We have a car finance agreement with BH in my wife's name.

In 2009 we handed the vehicle back to BH which left an outstanding balance of approx. £3500, which we have been servicing with minimum payments.

My wife recently got her credit reports from the 3 agencies. At the end of last year (2012) BH decided out of the blue to register a default against my wife, some three years after she handed the car back... :???:

We are gutted that they left it so long before doing it and without sending us the relevant notifications...

Anyway, we could potentially have the funds available to clear the debt, which is currently standing at approx. £3000.

Does anyone know what sort of figures they are accepting at the minute and also if we have any grounds to have the default removed?

Hi,

You say they have placed a default but what date is the default. A default may have been issued 3 years ago but BH forgot to add it to her file however if the date of default is recent (2012) rather than the earlier date, I would be inclined to complain.

If you intend to clear the debt, I would suggest a Full and Final settlement starting with a low percentage of the debt with a higher figure that you would be prepared to go to. If it was me doing this, I would be asking for the removasl of the default as a condition of the settlement, not placing a 'satisfied' remark on her file.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE