Peacock Insurance Services

rijohughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took a motor trades policy with Peacock insurance in December 2012,

I paid the deposit and the first months payment was paid,

I was asked to send paperwork in and the insurance was done,

I did this and happily drove round.

I then received a letter from the underwriters stating the policy had been cancelled.

I phoned my brokers who told me it was cancelled as I had not returned the paperwork,

I argued that I had and the lady "found" it, she could not explain why it had been cancelled but told me someone would get back to me,

I spent the day phoning and phoning until at 5 pm

I got through to someone who had been told to "sort it".

He set up a new policy and after asking for MORE money which I explained there would be no more money as this was not my fault, he eventually finalised the policy.

Then when the paperwork arrived they "asked" for a full payment which was more than I had agreed, and the paperwork was in the wrong name.

Since then I have written to Rachel Gow the director of the company and after a lot of twoing and froing

I have received an "offer" of £50, together with an apology for the companies error in not forwarding the paperwork correctly,

I have told her I am not accepting this as the FSA have stated a compensation of £750 minimum is due when a case of maladminstration is found.

I have written and asked for £524 as this is the total amount due with letters time wasted etc is taken into account.

to date I have not received a reply and have waited four weeks.

I am wanting to know if I should bother with the FSA as was or should I take Rachel Gow to court? as I need this matter sorting quickly.

Any help is much appreciated

From the FSA website, I know they have changed that's why I am asking whether to go straight to court, don't know what the ombudsman would say. Rachel has written 3 letters apologising at the companies error but have had no reply to the last letter I sent four weeks ago.

Thanks

I'm not asking for distress, inconvenience etc, I have asked for the £40 per letter (stated in the paperwork I received as a charge if they had to write to me),

I have had to write to the company (6 in total), telephone calls, time away from running my business to sort out problems

that would not have arisen if they had done their job in the first place,

I would have thought that as they have agreed £50 to "shut me up and make me go away"

also the apology letters for their mistakes was justification to take the matter further.

I will find the compensation amount I have read and will try to put a link on here.

Thanks for taking an interest

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

I have been with Peacock Insurance for over 7 years ( public liability Insurance ), never had a problem.

My accountant has set up a new limited company for me as i will be changing jobs within a year as manual working I cannot do anymore, every word i said to the guy at peacocks I was told to stay on the line, I will be back, I was treated like a common thief.

I explained to the guy at peacocks I can have 500 limited companies Its not against the law, I just want insurance! I WOULD NEVER TOUCH THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Anyone can close down a limited company and set up a new one, I pay heavy taxes and my accounts are up to date.

Kind Regards

Neil Allen