• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tinkerbelle vs Halifax -I won

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Managed to locate most of my statements, but there were a couple missing. I chose not to have paper statements, and Halifax had "renewed" my online account so that some of my online statements have been archived.

Called them today, and said "Hi, I am trying to sort out how much I have paid in rent and when, but I have misplaced some of my statements. Would it be possible at all for you to send me those that are missing? Is that something you’d be able to do?"

"Sure! No problem. Which ones do you need?" After advising the very nice young lady of the statements that I needed, she suggested that she sent me all the statements for a set period that covered all the missing ones, as it would cost £5 for each request otherwise. She said that I should give it 24hours before they are uploaded to my online banking. Come to think of it – it’s not costing them postage and paper – so they’re a bit cheeky charging me fiver aren’t they? Anyway, that’s not really an issue.

I’m looking forward to viewing these statements. From the statements that I have so far (only about 4 are missing) I have calculated that they have taken £627.00 in the last 3 years.

Also, I wanted to gauge your opinions on my approach with the Bank. Once I have everything in hand and sent them my request for a refund giving x days, I only intend to establish that are in receipt of my letter. I do not intend to chase them up for a response within the designated timeframe that I have given in my letter or pussy foot around them. After all - they certainly don't when they are chasing you!. Is this a good idea.

Will keep you all updated on progress.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say you have the correct plan...

If you know they have received it, then just stick rigidly to your timeframe for further action.

If you send your letters by recorded delivery (or if you are feeling flush then use special delivery) then you will probably get the online tracking to show you they have been delivered.

If you give them an inch.... well, you know the rest.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Although promised by Halifax on Sunday 9th April 2006 that statements would be uploaded to my online account within 24 hours - there's still nowt.

They've taken £5.00 out my account though! No doubt for "processing".

Maybe they are planning on "posting" them instead.

Will keep ya'll posted :-D

Wished the smilies on this site worked *pout*

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Its typical of them from what i'v read.

I sent my DPA letter on the 3rd and i'v not heard anything yet. I'm going to keep pestering them by e-mail.

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Yep i haven't heard anything either - its so frustrating isn't it!

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

They went the distance with me too - 37 days!!!

Still, a very nice read - found another £800 I didn't know about. So it could all be worth the wait....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Right then!!

Statements received yesterday. Although I asked them to send me statements from the beginning of June - they sent me from the beginning of July.

However, there is only one weeks worth of transactions that are missing but I can't be bothered to go and chase them up for it and wait another week.

So Prelim letter drafted and waiting to post to local branch!

I hear they are in negotiations with Noel Edmonds, so the bank can phone him and ask...

Deal or No Deal?

To save time, we will have some little placards made up.....

NO DEAL !

Sod off letter sent 1st class recorded delivery today to Mizz Pollitt.

Basically said your offer of £150 in full and final settelment is declined. Please send me the full amount by xxx date otherwise I'll see your sorry butts in court. I mean they didn't even have the decency to offer me half!! 13.gif

Wrote in there that they should work within my timeframe - as I definitely would be - but then I deleted that bit...no point being "xtra" cheeky eh!!

Will keep you all updated as usual 5.gif

Received another letter today. It was dated 2nd May and was from a Damian Robertshaw this time. Customer Relations Manager. Maybe Mizz Pollitt has gone off with stress perhaps? 29.gif

Anyway. letter reprinted below for your info...

===============================================

Dear xxxxx,

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with our initial offer to refund £150.00 worth of charges. As we have explained previously, the charges we apply to your account do recover costs so we cannot agree to refund them all. However, in an attempt to reach an amicable solution to your complaint, I am prepared to increase our offer to £300.00 in full and final settlement of your complaint. I will reiterate that future valid charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly. If you are prepared to accept my revised offer, please sign and return the enclosed acceptance form in the pre-paid envelope. (There was no pre-paid envelope)

You have previously received a copy of our leaflet explaining our complaints procedure enclosed. (yes they really did write that, and no it makes no sense to me either!) It also confirms the availability and responsibility of the Financial Ombudsman Service. Should any of your concerns remain unresolved please let me know what you'd like me to do to put matters right (well how about giving me back my money, instead of playing games you b*&!"$(!!!) We are keen to resolve your concerns. If we are unable to do so we'll provide you with details of how you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service for help.

If I don't hear from you in the next eight weeks, I will assume you accept my response.

Your sincerely,

=================================================

Obviously I need to tell them yet again, that this is unacceptable. I will advise them that unless they pay up the full amount in 7 days (they've already had 14 days from prelim and 14 days from LBA), then I will go straight to small claims court and I wont be entering into anymore dialogue with them.

I'm off to draft my Particulars of Claim as we speak 4.gif

Jeez! They don't half string out don't they eh! 29.gif

• Confused 1

Faxed and posted the following to Halifax.

====================

8th May 2006

Mr Damian Robertshaw

Customer Relations Manager

Halifax plc

P.O. Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

Dear Mr Robertshaw,

Re: Roll Number x/xxxxxxxx

Further to your letter dated 2nd May 2006, I am writing to advise you that your offer of £300 is accepted but please understand that I will be pursuing you for the balance of £xxx.xx via the County Court.

The total amount due is £xxx.xxx

You have until Friday 19th May 2006, to make the refund.

Kind regards,

===================================

Final Letter received from a Richard Brown at Halifax on Friday 12th May 2006.

==============================

Dear Miss xxxx

Thank you for your recent letter.

WE offered to refund six months worth of charges to your account, which you refused to accept. Please understand that we are not prepared to refund all of the charges that you have incurred on your account over the last six years/since your account was opened.

To comply with legislation, I would like to let you know that if you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service. They can be contacted by telephone 0845 080 1800, or by post at:

The Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Email [email protected]

Website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

You will find enclosed a leaflet providing full details of the Ombudsman service. If you wish to refer the matter to the Ombudsman you must do so within 6 months of the date of this letter.

Yours sincerely,

Richard Brown

Customer Relations Manager

Customer Relations

Good luck - I'm just a day or two behind you!!

(title changed as requested)

Thank you for doing that!!!

I must say this has all been so much fun! The thrill and excitement of hitting that submit button is second to none. 4.gif

Only surpassed (I expect) by the final return home of MY MONEY 19.gif

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks