I Am Upto My Overdraft Limit And Wanna Claim Back Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently upto my overdraft limit of £2200 and want to claim back charges made on this account.Are Yorkshire Bank likely to then close the account or expect the overdraft to be repaid immediately? Can I also claim back the debit interest on the account which equates to about £20 per month on average? I am in the process of sending DPA, but would appreciate any advise before posting.

Many Thanks:confused:

These questions have been asked many times.Please read the FAQ's and around the forum this is for your benefit as you need to be fully aware of what you are taking on.If after spending a few days reading around the forum you still have unanswered questions then please come back to this thread and ask away.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 months later...

Hi Scotty

I too have an overdraft which I use and quite often go to the limit.

I am right at the beginning of my journey to get my charges back and before I start need to establish what they can do to me as I may have to wait if they will close my account.

I have read around the FAQs on here and tried hard to find advice on this specific part but like you could not.

I wondered if you had found anything since this post.

Thanks

Any bank can close your account without giving you a reason. They can also ask for any outstanding monies to be paid back. No-one can say for certainty if a bank will or won't close your account, only the bank themselves know. One bank has stated that they will close all accounts that question their charges, others haven't said anything and most don't seem to be doing it.

Many people have opened other accounts just in case and are prepared to come to an arrangement if they have to pay overdrafts back. You have to decide if you are prepared to take that risk.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks