Haringey Council Parking Ticket from 2 years back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Need some advice please.

A friend borrowed my car some 2 years back whilst visiting London. He got a ticket and I wrote to Haringey Council twice advising that he was the driver. They claim they never received my letters. My letters were dated 29 November 2004 and 1 December 2004.

Anyway, they appointed bailiffs to my previous home address. I have written to Northampton County Court (and had the forms signed at my local court) to have the judgement set aside.

Fortunately, I kept all the papers. Looking closely at the papers and the ticket which was left in the car, they noted the colour of my car as blue when it is in fact black.

Also, not sure if the following helps:-

Ticket Date: 19 September 2004

Notice to Owner Date: 18 October 2004

Charge Certificate Date: 17 November 2004

Haringey now seem keen to settle this with me and offering to reach a compromised cash settlement. This seems odd and in any event, I believe I am not liable as I was not the driver.

Can anyone out there who knows about these things offer any advice?

Thanks

thefenz

Thanks livelylad

I did see this post but it did not cover colour of car or whether they have filed the necessary paperwork in the right time.

Thanks anyway. Greatly appreciated.

I would imagine they dont have a leg to stand on. If its the wrong colour then it cant be the same car, ergo if a person commited a robbery and was discribed as being black but he was white then it would be dismissed.

You can send a copy of your registration document to them which proves the colour of your car.