Childcare tax compliance letter- HMRC

loujack2013
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am new to the site and I in need of some help **PLEASE**

I have recieved a letter this morning re a compliance check and I need to send in reciepts/ contracts etc.

I have been STUPID- my daughter turned 4 last March and got 15hours free at her daycare. I signed a form re this and assumed this would inform the tax credits that my costs had decreased. I was claiming £160 per week when my costs were £70 after the 15 houts free. So i have been overpaid and never rang up the tax credits to ask why/ change the details... I just thought that automatically happened after I signed the 15hour form.

Anyway I am going to send all my contacts/ money paid to them and inform them of the overpayment it appears I have.

My questions are-has this happened to anyone before? What was the outcome and will I be sent yo court/prison? I guess my overpayment is around £5,000 which I know is a massive amount.

I am grateful for any advice/past experiances..anything really. Please help!

Thankyou in advance.. you have no idea how sick I feel xx:sad:

HMRC rarely take people to court. Normally what happens is you get an overpayment which will be recovered from your ongoing tax credits award, so your tax credits will be somewhat lower depending on the recovery rate.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop