Job description change

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

just started a new job and obviously on probation period, a week of handover from previous guy and first day today working alone with my manager.

Today it appears there are major duties my current skills don't cover that I am meant to do, which i can't do without training, these were not pointed out during interview, job ad, or even my first week.

My manager don't have the skills too and it looks like i will be let go cos of this.

Guess there is nothing i can do I am on probation, pls advise

Today it appears there are major duties my current skills don't cover that I am meant to do, which i can't do without training, these were not pointed out during interview, job ad, or even my first week.

My manager don't have the skills too and it looks like i will be let go cos of this.

It looks like a horrible place to work, where incompetence is king and nobody cares. Look for another job immediately as this position won't look good on your cv.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

• 1 year later...

Just an update - still here 14 months on - I actually enjoy working here.

Spoke to senior management at the time and they assured me as long as i prove myself in other areas then i have nothing to worry about.

My then manager was pushed after that - it appears he was looking for a fall guy, but senior management saw through it.