Employment Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Uless you have a protected characteristic - gender, sexuality, ethnicity, etc - not a lot. He can employ who he likes unless it is discrimination due to a protected characteristic.

And although it doesn't feel fair, "I've worked with this person beefore and know they can do the job and contribute to the team" is actually a legal reason to bring someone in.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Uless you have a protected characteristic - gender, sexuality, ethnicity, etc - not a lot. He can employ who he likes unless it is discrimination due to a protected characteristic.

And although it doesn't feel fair, "I've worked with this person beefore and know they can do the job and contribute to the team" is actually a legal reason to bring someone in.

Thanks Emmzzi, I thought that might be the case, I want to reply and state it is an unfair process and clearly overlooked and CC in his manager and possible HR but I dont want to rock my current contract that only has a weeks notice period. The two candidates cannot do the role of that I am sure based on working with them on two seperate occasions, also other team members both in the current team and prospective team are flabbergasted he has chosen the two candidates

It wont win you any friends or favours and all of the others will have to work with the new people so they wont thank you for it. Foget about this and hope that a new permanent position is up for grabs sometime soon. Write your letter and you can kiss goodbye to a future.

Timing is everything.

Wait until they make a mess of it. At that point offer to your manager to sort it out. Don't coach them, and in the meantime, say nothing. After you have fixed all the problems ask for the job :)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Employers are legally allowed to both employee stupid people and act in that manner themselves. It's their business to run as they like even if that is into the ground.

Everybody believes they are the best candidate for the job, i don't know if you were or not but i've seen it many times, i remember a manager i worked with once applying for an internal job, not being shortlisted and then being asked to train up the guy they employed as he didn't know much about the job they had given him, i kid you not!

The proverbial cherry was this fella actually agreed to do it. I'd have given them the option of two fingers from any 5 on my hand with the caveat that one must be the middle finger and the other must be next to my thumb