compromise agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi first time posting on here however have been a member for a long time

I due to be made redundant at the end of may a number of agreements, which were made which were to stay in place till mid may have now been broken. These were agreed in meetings. They are now pushing to get the compromise agreement signed asap. what is the legal point of view if I refuse to sign it. They have stated that all terminal pay and benefits will be held till it is signed. is this legal ????

Edited by geordie55

If no compromise agreement is signed, then you would need to rely on your general legal rights. If redundancy pay is lawfully due and the employer is holding onto it, then you would enforce your rights through bringing a claim in the Employment Tribunal.

It is difficult to comment further unless you tell us what you mean by "a number of agreements" and what you are being offered in the CA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

the agreements were made to help with the restructure and the on going work issues. this was told to the staff and was changed without any warning or consultation between the managers in fact I was not informed I only found out when I logged into return someone off sick to find all staff had been moved at the request with no authorisation from the director but he is now stating they report to him

Are you gaining anything except your statutory entitlement under the Agreement? If not and there's no incentive to sign then let it drag on as its their legal liability that's in question - either wait until you have a deal you are prepared to sign up to or sue them in Tribunal. There's a three month time limit though from termination (6 if its only for stat redundancy) so be mindful of that and don't drag it on too long!