Called to an investigation meeting.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, I work in the funeral business and about four weeks ago my employer phoned my manager to say that a member of the public has made a complaint against me, this complaint was basically about so called non communication, and general conduct. I had no idea this complaint existed until my employer had already gone to see the family and basically believed what they had accused me of, bear in mind he had never met the family before and because he hasn't spoken to me about it , he has no idea what really happened but believed them any way! He had the letter in his procession for a week before seeing the family, he then saw the family offered them some money back then phoned my manager the following morning whilst in his way on holiday for 4 weeks. He has now called an investigation meeting to be held this week. I feel like its too late to investigate, he's already made his mind up. I just wanted some advice on what I can do or say really? I don't feel I've been treated fairly at all. Thanks

I should also add that the allegations are completely false and I believe it was planned, because of the way the letter was written it reads like someone planted ideas, if that makes sense.

How long have you worked there? Any previous occasions where the employer has expressed dissatisfaction with your work? Any disciplinary action before?

Without meaning anything derogatory, could it be possible that your behaviour could have been interpreted as uncommunicative, uncaring (considering your industry) or otherwise inappropriate?

For an investigation, all you can really do is to stress your absolute innocence, emphasise that you were in no way acting as you have been described, highlight your previous work record - if you have always been highly regarded (any testimonials from previous clients?) it would be most out of character and therefore unlikely that you would have acted poorly on this occasion.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I've been there for ten years and no complaints have been made against me at all before. I more often than not, receive flowers, chocolates or cards just for doing my job. In my profession, after a while you begin to 'read' people, you know how to handle different people in different situations. This complaint is completely and utterly out of the blue and if I'm honest has really knocked my confidence.

You don't know whether your boss has made his mind up. I don't think there is anything in what you have told us which suggests to me that you have been treated unfairly or that the situation was 'planned'.

I think you have to approach these things on the assumption that you will be treated fairly. If you are treated unfairly you can cross that bridge when you come to it. Focus on fairly responding to the allegations which are made and on putting your side of the story to your boss.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

That's a fair point. when the letter was recieved (14th March) to when this meeting is taking place (19th April) is a long time. im probably winding myself up about it, I like to deal with things straight away and move on, I can't deal with this waiting about, I have GAD (generalised Anxiety disorder and my employer is aware) and this isn't helping. Not that i'm using that as an excuse because I really wouldn't and never had. Thanks anyway.