Suspended pending Disciplinary for Gross Misconduct.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Around 2 months ago, I falsyfied a document at work. I'd genuinely made a mistake, but rather than just admitting it, I covered it up.

A formal investigation took place surrounding what had happened as it was all very suspicious. As expected. I admitted what I had done in the investigation and explained that I knew it was wrong.

It was purely a rush *oh no!!* decision, although not trying to make excuses, I was under a hell of a lot of pressure at the time, alongside this I was being told the new boss wanted to axe the department I was in as she wanted to have my team work regionally rather than centrally.

The investigation suddenly got very serious and I've admitted it. I've worked for company for 3 1/2 years.

I've been suspended pending a disciplinary. I've never done anything like this before (and would never again!) and I am truly sorry for what I have done, not just for the consequences upon myself but also for the time and money it's taken the company the 'investigate'. I wanted to admit it straight away, but other things went wrong in my department and I was secretly praying it would all go away.

I've been totally upfront and honest with my bosses now, although understand its highly likely ill be dismissed at a disciplinary.

What do I do next? I'm incredibly remorseful and I've learnt a awful lesson the hard way and I know I only have myself to blame. I didn't think when I did it really, it was only after when it felt too late to say something.

So I'm accepting I will be dismissed for gross misconduct for falsifying records.

Do I start applying for jobs now? I'm due to be suspended until mid-next week. What do I say if I have an interview inbetween now and the disciplinary? Should I just wait and see what happens?

My OH luckily can afford to pay our bills and food each month, if I struggle to find a job we can sell our car and scrape by. We don't have any savings as my OH was out of work for a long while with unpaid sickness (broken legs).

I would appreciate if people could not attack me for what I've done. I know it's stupid, I know I've brought it on myself. I'm ashamed of what I did.

But life will go on whatever happens, and I need to have an income.

Do I put was dismissed on my CV? At what point do I explain what's happened? I can't help but feel if I put it clearly on my CV ill never even get an interview.

I can't claim any sort of benefits (and quite rightly too!!), so I literally will be happy to take any sort of work for any sort of pay.

Any advice appreciated.

Hello Nancy, I see you have also posted this on another forum and don't want to duplicate the responses from there, some of which were very sensible!

Personally, if you are applying for jobs in the same line of work, I think you should sit the process out and see what happens. At the moment your reference may read something like "resigned during investigation for GMC." When actually you may get off with a warning. For the sake of a week or so I'd sit tight but also prepare my CV just in case.

If it comes to the worst I would also be asking your current employer, "I am very worried about finding new work - what kind of reference will you be giving me?"

I have on occassion told an employee "I'll give a basic reference as long as it isn't a job involving money" or whatever the error involved. You may like to think about what lines of work the error wouldn't be an issue in? And also you might like to think about some temping for a while to get some "clean" references on file.

These things are seldom the end of the world; there will be a new and better job somehow!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!